We face one last trip League trip to Wembley before our brand new stadium opens next season
Spurs fans travelling to north west London every other week to sit in a groud which tends to lack atmosphere rather than cultivate it.
However excitement is building ahead of our move into our incredible new arena and what it can do for the club as we attempt to further cement their position in the top four.
So what do we know about the ‘Tottenham Hotspur Stadium’ as it is will be known until a sponsor is found? As per talkSPORT here are 10 facts about the new ground…
1. The pitch will be 105 metres by 68 metres, which is almost the same size as the Wembley surface (105m x 69m) we have played on in the 2017/18 campaign. It’s much bigger than the old White Hart Lane 100m x 67m one due to the Premier League attempting to standardise pitches in the English top-flight.
2. The floor of the concourses at the new stadium are flecked with crushed aggregate – but not just any aggregate. It’s made from the demolition of White Hart lane so our former home lives on in our new one.
3. There is a “cave” under the stadium. Well, it’s known as the cave anyway. Underneath the south stand, this is where the pitch trays are stored for their retractable surfaces.
4. The stadium roof will weigh a whopping 600 tonnes once it’s all in place – five times as heavy as a blue whale!!!
5. There will be a “Sky Walk” within the stadium with the public able to climb up and walk above the the pitch below , hanging from the roof.
6. There is also going to be microbrewery in the stadium. There will be the ability to pour an astonishing 10,000 pints a minute, and fans will also be allowed to pump their own beers.
7. The club will try to recreate the legendary atmosphere of White Hart Lane, so the first row of supporters will be just 8 metres from the touchline as say compared to the library down the road where Arsenal fans are 13 metres away, and this year Wembley goers have been 18 metres away in the national stadium.
8. If you fancy buying yourself the latest in Nike gear from the store, you can wander into the new club shop on site which will the largest of its kind in Europe.
9. Those that are lucky enough to have premium seats at the new stadium, will have heated seat for their cold rear ends and USB charging ports, and access to lounges.
10. Not satisfied by a pasty ft Greggs anymore? Well the new stadium will have its own on-site bakery. Oh and don’t forget the cheese room
Have something to tell us about this article?