– Tottenham bounced back from their disappointing defeat to West Ham with an impressive victory against Aston Villa, and host a Hull side who have made a good start to the season.
– Fresh from his impressive performances for England, Andros Townsend continued to demonstrate his excellent dribbling ability. The winger completed 5 dribbles against Aston Villa – the most in the league.
– Jan Vertonghen has established himself as a real fan favourite since his arrival in North London, as in addition to producing stellar defensive performances, his ability on the ball has added some composure to the Tottenham back four. Vertonghen demonstrated this passing ability against Aston Villa as he completed 27 passes in the opposition half – the fourth most of any defender.
– Another favourite amongst the Tottenham faithful is Belgian midfielder Mousa Dembele. The Belgian has become a mainstay in the centre of the park for Spurs, and this is evident in his tackling ability. The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index demonstrates that he has completed a staggering 90% of his tackles so far this campaign.
– Andre Villas-Boas has a tough decision to make when deciding who to play in the coveted number 10 role, with both Lewis Holtby and Christian Eriksen making compelling cases for inclusion. The duo have completed an impressive pass in the opposition half every 2.2 and 2.9 minutes respectively.
– Yannick Sagbo’s strike wasn’t enough to secure a positive result for Hull against Everton.
– Curtis Davies was once talked about as a potential international, and if he continues to perform like he did on Saturday people may start talking again. The Hull centre back completed 7 tackles at the weekend – more than any other defender in the league.
– Fellow defender James Chester’s excellent tackling ability has also been evident so far this term, as, according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, he has been successful in 93% of his challenges
– Tom Huddlestone’s passing ability will be central to Hull’s chances of staying the division this season, and so far he hasn’t disappointed as he has completed 150 passes in the opposition half.
– Sone Aluko has been a real star for Hull so far this season, and this is in part due to his excellent dribbling ability. The striker has completed 13 dribbles so far this camapaign – more than any of his teammates.
Data supplied by the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. Select and manage your own team of stars at http://fantasy.premierleague.
Have something to tell us about this article?