Spurs Web
TURKISH

PL Match Thread: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Everton FC

Match result?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Your predictions?

I think the holtby signing was pointless he's offering nothing really should of just signed him for free at the end of the season and kept townsend.And Dempsey just does not suit us i thought he was better technically and did more for the team but he is lazy.

I think the holtby signing was pointless he's offering nothing really should of just signed him for free at the end of the season and kept townsend.And Dempsey just does not suit us i thought he was better technically and did more for the team but he is lazy.

holtby should be played alongside parker and dembele pushed further forward

holtby should be played alongside parker and dembele pushed further forward

I do agree on that but i just don't think it was a great signing he will in the future but i think it was a bad move signing him in jan personally wasn't needed .

With all the injuries we've had to deal with, with trying to get CL football on the cheap and continuously neglecting we have no strikers or wingers I thought quite a few of the lads done well today.

Adebayor, Sigurdsson, Walker were my pick of the bunch. Holtby, Parker, Dembele, Lloris all tried but just wasn't good enough today. Huddlestone and Carroll done well when asked.

AVB made some poor substitutions, waited too long to react and cost us along with typical errors. The clubs doing their best not to finish in the top four, why on earth did Levy spend money bringing in Clint Dempsey when the club clearly needed a striker or back up winger? Oh that's right because the Messi deal fell through last minute...

Now before people start to slag off 21 year old Caulker, does anyone remember what Ledley King was like at that age? The boy needs a consistent run of games to improve, picking an ageing Gallas who won't be here next season is quite baffling. I would rather lose a game with Caulker in defence, purely for the reason he can learn from the experience, does Gallas really care?

So we needed goals today, any strikers on the bench? We are at our best with two pacey wingers, playing a 433, the moment a player gets injured our system and tactics have to be changed. That doesn't happen at the top clubs, if a winger gets injured at Arsenal, they replace him with a ....wait for it....another winger.

Instead of blaming Harry, the England job, the media, lets ask the people who have been running the club for the last 11 years, why are we making the same mistakes even after the previous people blamed have gone?

We have a good starting 10 players, after that our squad isn't able to cope with the demand of competing with the top clubs.  

I do agree on that but i just don't think it was a great signing he will in the future but i think it was a bad move signing him in jan personally wasn't needed .

i think sandro,parker & dembele were all injured at the time??? i duno but yeah on the face of it now it does look pointless. i too wud prefer to have townsend available

For some reason we insist on playing medium, slow probing passes around the outside when we are in the opponents half. The defence gets set up, and we just move the ball around the outside. We then settle for a 25 yard shot cause that's all we can find space for. Luckily Bale has been able to convert so many of them, but today we showed how frustrating and flawed that approach is.

We do so well to possess the ball and force teams into that defensive shape, but the final ball is lacking. Instead of those medium passes for 5 minutes we need quick, one touch give and go's to break through to get decent chances. But our touch lets us down and we keep just settling for possession. And Dempsey was fairly useless today. Gutted how disappointing he's been...

For some reason we insist on playing medium, slow probing passes around the outside when we are in the opponents half. The defence gets set up, and we just move the ball around the outside. We then settle for a 25 yard shot cause that's all we can find space for. Luckily Bale has been able to convert so many of them, but today we showed how frustrating and flawed that approach is.

We do so well to possess the ball and force teams into that defensive shape, but the final ball is lacking. Instead of those medium passes for 5 minutes we need quick, one touch give and go's to break through to get decent chances. But our touch lets us down and we keep just settling for possession. And Dempsey was fairly useless today. Gutted how disappointing he's been...

I agree with your observation. I think if we had a decent striker making himself available in the box, a final pass could be made and used. 

Dempsey is either playing the wrong position or doesn't know what he suppose to do. He was totally invisible.

Without Lennon and Bale I think the best formation is

Lloris

Walker Dawson Caulker Vertonghen

Hudds Parker

Holtby Dembele Siggy

Ade

First, I think that their first goal Jagielka climbed all over Vertonghen. If Jagielka was inside and Vertonghen held him down and then cleared the ball I have no doubt a penalty would have been given. I do think Lloris should come and got that ball. Second Everton goal was just a great bit of individual play from Mirallas.

Now, as much as a draw is not what we all wanted there are tons of positives to take from this game. The effort and never quit attitude was there and a point from behind late was the result. Gylfi well deserved as he has been growing into things and is finally getting settled. Another big goal from him. Adebayor put in a shift today. Good hold up play all day, working hard, scored and almost got the second but the bar denied him. Credit where credit is do. Walker, with the exception of the outburst played well. Dembele as well getting forward and a bit baffled by him coming off for THudd when Dempsey and Holtby were offering very little.

Lloris with that late save, Huddlestone distributed very well and made us less predictable. I love Tommy Carrol's vision. Parker was a lion as usual.

On another note, watched QPR and what I would not give to have Townsend back to fill in for Lennon. He was brilliant for QPR. Surely the loan would have a call back clause.....?

Not an ideal result but not quite a disaster either.

Adebayor looked something resembling a 100k a week footballer for once and hopefully he can maintain that level of involvment and put in a shift for all of our remaining games.

I understand what some people are saying about Holtby but up until a month or so ago,weren't we saying the same about Siggy?.

At the moment the Basel game dosen't mean much to me as I am more concerned with the trifling matter of having Chelsea and Man City as our next two league games.We need two wins on the scale of the 2009/10 season when we beat Arsenal and Chelsea in the space of a week and these wins did so much to get us a CL place that season.

Didn't watch the game today but I'm pleased with another game we've clawed back.  Good to hear that Ade put a shift in, the signs were there in Thursday.  I think he noted when the crowd clapped when he chased down the ball.  I really think we play better as a team with him upfront rather than Defoe.  Really hard to call, but Defoe has always been too greedy...a great goalscorer though and thought he was playing better earlier this season.  Maybe his personal life has been hard recently?  As for Holtby, I think we all may have hoped for a miracle worker.  He needs someone like Sandro around him.  How we have missed Sandro!  The question is how did we look without Bale and Lennon?

Spurs are doing ok at the moment, can't the fans see we are just tredding water as a football club with no real investment in the squad, surley we can't expect to be playing CL football with our wafer thin squad and even if we had got in it this season the journey would of ended ages ago ! City group stages, Chelsea, group stages, UTD and Arse ! round of 16 !!! Wow ..... So exciting ! and that would of been us also, but as it stands we still have a chance of making the EL semis and a chance of some European glory and a trophy, i would rather have that than a group stage or round of 16 CL campaign ...... Oh wait if your not in CL you can't buy top players can you !!!!! As if Levy is going to shell out loads on top players if we qualify for the CL next season, we will still probably go into the first game of the season with only one striker after being linked to 50 and trying to sign our tenth AM or DM, the whole transfer policy at this club is a joke we can't even call on another winger at the moment because we have none available and we haven't even got a striker on the bench ....... It just amazes me ........ We will be playing EL next season and i don't really give a flying fvck as we will be sh1t in the CL as we just don't have the squad and it will not get the correct investment for it either.

Didn't watch the game today but I'm pleased with another game we've clawed back.  Good to hear that Ade put a shift in, the signs were there in Thursday.  I think he noted when the crowd clapped when he chased down the ball.  I really think we play better as a team with him upfront rather than Defoe.  Really hard to call, but Defoe has always been too greedy...a great goalscorer though and thought he was playing better earlier this season.  Maybe his personal life has been hard recently?  As for Holtby, I think we all may have hoped for a miracle worker.  He needs someone like Sandro around him.  How we have missed Sandro!  The question is how did we look without Bale and Lennon?

The truth: Lacking in ideas!

Pleased with our fighting spirit again. Just an opinion but everton are complete dross, long ball after long ball. How bad were the officials, the woman on the line was terrible. I had a female referee yesterday for my non league match again completely clueless. On the game ade was superb. Parker dembele walker all excellent games but wtf was Dempsey doing? Completely useless. There all going to be nervy from now on but arsenal play 2 games before we kick a ball again as the Chelsea game has been postponed so our next league game am I right in saying is man city?