Spurs Web
CigarGuy

Last 6 matches of season

Wanted to start a thread on this and Alonso got us started.........

"For us 14 points should be the target. Beat Chelsea but minimum a draw, tie v City, wins Sunderland and Southampton at home, Stoke away and even a draw Wigan away if we beat Chelsea."

What do you think it'll take to make top 4?

For you betting guys, IF YOU had to set an over/under on points we'll get in the last 6, what would it be?

As it stands, we can achieve top four, but and there's always a but with Tottenham, I just can't see us winning more games than either Arsenal or Chelsea. We have no momentum, our team has lacked width, balance and somebody who will score goals.

If we beat Man City, that could help spark life in the old dog and help us into the top four - but I need to be convinced.

A game at a time should be the approach which means a win v City is job 1. Honestly, given the injuries I am not sure if this is realistic. Wigan, Sunderland, Stoke and Southampton are all in the bottom half and are must wins. That would give us 12 and then it comes down to beating Chelsea. For me, all things equal and ending as they should.....the season comes down to beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

I think we all have a good idea what might happen at Stamford Bridge, fully fit sqaud or not. 1990 was a long time ago now.

A game at a time should be the approach which means a win v City is job 1. Honestly, given the injuries I am not sure if this is realistic. Wigan, Sunderland, Stoke and Southampton are all in the bottom half and are must wins. That would give us 12 and then it comes down to beating Chelsea. For me, all things equal and ending as they should.....the season comes down to beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

I seem to remember a certain building in Manchester by the name of Old Trafford that had a similar effect until this year and it is home to a better team than Chelsea FC.