Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
hodgy

who has been the biggest let down

who has been the biggest let down in a spurs shirt, the player we paid big money for who never turned up, the young up and coming starlet who did not make it. the old school player who scored for his previous team but not the yids

David Bentley. Huge price tag, his career keeps finding new lows.

Hard to argue that one..........so, who's the SECOND biggest disappointment..........?

Did Gio come with much anticipation? 

personally don't think Gio was given a fair crack,   he is a quality player as shown for Mexico but never replicated that form in a Spurs shirt, would love to see him still at the lane but to be fair he would not make my starting 11, he would be ideal replacement for Lennon, Bale, heaven forbid if either of those picked up an injury

Knew that Ledley. Sorry to be confusing. Just meant after we signed him he disappeared into reserve team and loanee obscurity, where once was an 'England's next young star' tag... Didn't he get a first team appearance or 2 before being sent to the reserves?

Knew that Ledley. Sorry to be confusing. Just meant after we signed him he disappeared into reserve team and loanee obscurity, where once was an 'England's next young star' tag... Didn't he get a first team appearance or 2 before being sent to the reserves?

Well he came with a reputation of being a player full of potential but also being a hothead.

He got a couple of games in the UEFA Cup, but went back to the reserves where behaviour problems and our loan policy messed his development. I saw him play 4 seasons ago on a preseason friendly and he was the best player.

IMO he is a luxury player, tries to be over elaborate and doesn't bother defending. If you can afford to hav that kind of player in the team then he is worth a go, but I don't think he will produce on a consistent basis.

In terms of Crystal Palace, they have produced some good player: Bostock, Tom Soares, Moses and Zaha.

Only Moses has fulfilled his potential, we will have to wait and see about Zaha.

Postiga I think for me all this talk was going on about us needing a striker and I really thought we were gonna sign someone special.I looked on sky sports news and saw his name I was so disappointed due to the fact I had no clue of who the hell this was then he played for us and I realised why I'd never heard of him before.

David Bentley. Huge price tag, his career keeps finding new lows.

It's not just the fact that he was shit for us,it's the fact that he obviously had an opinion of himself that was far bigger than his footballing ability could match.

I also think that criticism of Rebrov is a little unfair.He was a good player but George Graham didn't play to his strengths and the rest of the team didn't give him the service he required.

The right player but at the wrong time.

This. Very much this.

Hoddle marginalised him as well... sent him off to West Ham. More a case of us ruining a top player.

who has been the biggest let down in a spurs shirt, the player we paid big money for who never turned up, the young up and coming starlet who did not make it. the old school player who scored for his previous team but not the yids

This season... the fans. Up and down like a pair of kangeroos on their wedding night.

I think that maybe if we had a striker with some skill and was tricky in the box then we may have got some when your main striker has a 50p head 50p foot the ball always bouncing off his shin and he's always drifting into a wide position and not getting in the box anyway then you won't get many pens. And all defoes best work is outside the box smashing em in anyway.