Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
TURKISH

Wigan, Stoke, Fulham, Norwich and West Brom

We failed to beat these teams at home this season, could cost us big time and people mention Arsenal's luck but I genuinely believe we only have ourselves to blame in all honesty.

The same mistakes keep happening every season, poor squad management, relying on one fit striker for the majority of the season, no wing back up for either Lennon or Bale even though that's cost us for the last two seasons.

Fans haven't been great, AVB makes the occasional odd decision, poor individual mistakes which cost us time and time again.

I looked at our squad before the season started and predicted 5th, with better squad management we could have finished in the top four with ease. 

We took 4 points off the Champions, and 1 off of Wigan, right.

I ran a copy of the table at Boxing Day, 19 games in.

We had 33 points, tied with Everton and WBA(boy, THEY'VE had a crappy

last half!)

The problem is the fact that at home we cannot break down defences, we have no player with that special eye for the final ball who can thread it through the defence, we have no plan b if plan a is not working. why we don't go all out 4-4-2 at home and take the game to the opposition i will never know. Most of the teams mentioned above will come to defend with usually 10 players behind the ball, this is where our lack of movement shows. we are quite rigid with our formation and where people run, cannot run. would now and again like to see a central midfielder breaking and getting beyond there back 4. we need to adapt.

To usual top 4 teams don't have a history of failure against these types of teams and you would always back them to get the result 9 times out of 10, we still tend to have problems for what ever reason. I never say Chelsea arse get all the luck because i think you make your own luck, Chelsea were unlucky at Liverpool because the Suarez scored the equaliser, they nearly got robbed at Basel but they found the winner and got the result that we needed and failed to get.

We finished 5th in 2010/11 because we had such a poor record,particularly at home,against the teams in the bottom half of the table.

Added to the games that TURK mentioned,we can add the late defeats at Man City and Newcastle and throwing the games away at Anfield and quite pathetically at Goodison Park.

If we finish 5th then I will applaud AVB for a great effort and criticise Mr.Levy for not taking decisive action in the transfer market when we most needed it.

We finished 5th in 2010/11 because we had such a poor record,particularly at home,against the teams in the bottom half of the table.

Added to the games that TURK mentioned,we can add the late defeats at Man City and Newcastle and throwing the games away at Anfield and quite pathetically at Goodison Park.

If we finish 5th then I will applaud AVB for a great effort and criticise Mr.Levy for not taking decisive action in the transfer market when we most needed it.

Absolutely

As turk said we've been lacking cover in the wide positions for 2/3 seasons now - it cost us big time last season when Lennon got injured and we never rectified. The concession of late goals early in the season may cost us come the 19th May but at least we've turned it around and for once we are now the team scoring late in games and putting pressure on rather than always conceding.

I just wish we would start the home games against the so called lesser teams who come to the lane to defend with the TEPMO that we approach the bigger teams with... this will be vital especially on Saturday..

Anyhow it's May and we are still there fighting for 3rd / 4th place.... let's keep the faith and maybe lady luck will break from the norm and shine down on us over the next few weeks..

As turk said we've been lacking cover in the wide positions for 2/3 seasons now - it cost us big time last season when Lennon got injured and we never rectified. The concession of late goals early in the season may cost us come the 19th May but at least we've turned it around and for once we are now the team scoring late in games and putting pressure on rather than always conceding.

I just wish we would start the home games against the so called lesser teams who come to the lane to defend with the TEPMO that we approach the bigger teams with... this will be vital especially on Saturday..

Anyhow it's May and we are still there fighting for 3rd / 4th place.... let's keep the faith and maybe lady luck will break from the norm and shine down on us over the next few weeks..

Agreed dommo!!