Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
smudger

fa cup final

You know what looking at that does 4th even come close to it .

I really annoy myself by getting caught up in this top four bullshite.

Years ago finishing 2nd,3rd or 4th was considered a disappointment because it meant that you weren't good enough to win the league.Now we have teams that are deliriously happy about not quite being the best,as long as they finish with the top four.

We could finish in the top four for the rest of eternity but it would still never give me the joy that for example the UEFA Cup win in 1984 did and still does.

You just cannot beat lifting a cup i think the wanting top4 so bad comes from the shit we have had to put up with from scum so we really want to be up there with them stuffing their words for the last 12 years down their throats but i was 6 when we last won the fa cup i didn't understand.Now i have the passion for the game and my love of tottenham and when i look back this used to be our cup our moments of glory in history are etched all over this competition i want to feel that joy i want to join with yids everywhere as we celebrate winning the greatest domestic cup competition of them all.

winning in Europe is special, winning the FA cup was special in 91, maybe less so now as now matter what you say it has been devalued .

I mean will  Wigan rather be cup winners and in Europa but also in the Championship next season, or just still 'just' a Premier League outfit?  when they settle down, Id wager 99.9% will say the latter, money rules, romance is dead.

I don't like football as much as I used to, though the skills and excitement are better, much of the other stuff is far less satisfactory and detrimental to the game and the fans who are the ones who continually get cheated.

If Wigan do go down at least they will have this memory to take down with them, i bet City thought they had it in the bag before a ball was kicked. It's still going to be tough for them to get something at the arse.