Spurs Web
CigarGuy

Are we happy with AVB?

Seems like he did about as good as he could with the squad he had to deal with?

I guess we could argue that the emphasis he put on Euro crap left a point on the table somewhere, though?

72 points which is a record for us since the PL began.

Lost King, Modric and VDV.

Lost Sandro and Kaboul for the majority of the season.

Dealing with bad press "6 games to save his job" nonsense.

Dealing with a Chairman who leaves everything to the last minute, now we know how our mrs feels on her birthday.:)

BACK HIM LEVY.

Does anyone doubt Arse and Chelsea will be better next year? Don't think Everton will be but

f'in Scousers will be.

Here's how I see it CG.......

Man Utd......still strong and will still be the team to beat.

Man City.....In transition, will finish top four but won't challenge for the title. 

Liverpool.....Depending on Suarez, they will be much stronger next season...definitely challenging for top four.

Chelsea.......Challenging for title under Mourinho, especially if they bring in a new striker like Falcao.

Everybody will be looking to improve and be better arsenal will attract players as they have champions league chelsea will attract players as they have billions of pounds hopefully we will attract better players as they will see how good a coach avb is and how good bale is if we keep him.This is our last chance to progress we have stood still long enough fail next year it's bye bale then we have lost all our genuine consistent world class talent and somebody will snap up avb and all we will have is ade and adkins in charge big pre season ahead.

We have a better manager than liverpool the best player in the league we just have to build on it avb has proved himself now levy has to put his money where his mouth is trust avbs judgement.Arsenal only have champ league for the last 2 years cos we threw it away give avb the tools and scum wont be so lucky next year.

Arsenal only have champ league for the last 2 years cos we threw it away give avb the tools and scum wont be so lucky next year.

they did us again. they were better than us. they lost their best player who was "the only reason they finished above us" last season yet they do it again. its not luck its down to ability, belief and professionalism. unfortunately after going 7 points clear of them we let ourselves down BIG TIME..... i dread the day they do decide to spend some of their ££££££.......sorry for the negativity im jus pig sick

i am happy with AVB though. despite the dip in form late on 72 points in a great tally. typical it isnt enough to be celebrating! it could only happen to spurs

No true spurs fan can blame AVB given what he's had to work with its miracle we was still in with a shout. After the jan transfer window where our chairman FAILED to provide the necessary tools to uphold our fight for CL football . We as a club have to see that Levy has taken us as far as he can, and if he fails to back our manager HE not AVB needs to go. I for one am extremely unhappy with Levy's management of our squad getting rid of valuable and needed squad players to leave us with championship players at best loaning out the players we could of used (Townsend,Rose,Pritchard) and playing players out of position due to these facts (Naughton) . For too long he's disappointed us, IT'S TIME FOR LEVY TO GO!

Have to echo all of the above, personally rate AVB very highly, and would like to add I admire the way he handles himself in front of the media, as well as supporting all of his players, very polished professional manager, brings some dignity when he talks.

As said, needs financial backing, and a freer rein than levy maybe wants to offer, but could, just could, take our Spurs on to next level.

Arsenal won't be static in the transfer window this time, we have failed to capatilise on this once again ! Thanks Levy ! The top 4 as it stands now could slowly start to move away from the rest, ie us L'pool and Everton and we will be in a mini league with those 2 to see who finishes 5th as the other can offer much more to the better players, or we act fast and get in the players we would like, Damiao, Mouninho etc ..... Dissapointed we didn't sustain our 4th place,AVB has done a good job and we have good team spirit.

I just hope next season we see the likes of Pritchard and Carroll given a fair crack whilst certain players who can only go sidewards ( 2 in particular have caught the JENAS bug) and I hope ( but not likely ) that we can bring in sum Quality players and maybe challenge for the title cos if we had Kaboul and Sandro for the whole season instead of Gallas Livermore an (sorry to say it) Parker maybe played Holtby and Defoe more we'd be in wid a shout but as is, we gotta deal wid da Scum giving it large cos for the second season in a row they know they've been shite but because of a chairman who thinks he's smarter then everyone else but really is da biggest sap in da prem . Even the bottom teams spent money everyone except us tried to strengthen , WHAT DOES THAT SHOW U? To day I'm fed up is an understatement I'm truly sapped to watch ANOTHER points lead dwindle down to defeat an another pointless Europa run to come.

No, too negative.

Today a fine example. Surely Defoe should have started as well. We should have made it our priority to score an early goal or two.

This would have put Arsenal under pressure to go forward and perhaps be left open at the back.

What does he see in Huddlestone?

Hudd was pretty poor today but he provides the passing and long rang switching. He would be moe effective if we played with 2 out and out wingers, rather than sig or Dempsey coming inside all the time.

I think Hudds improve our passing game. Hudds almost able to cut his hair today but GK made a good save. We need better ball distribution from the back especially Walker and Ekotto.

Walker should stay in a defensive position more.

The player who should attack more from the back is Vertonghen.

Stupid thread because even an idiot could not but be impressed with the job AVB has done. Definitely done enough to be backed by the chairman this summer...

Onwards and upwards