Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
K.D.D.D.D.Soc

"our tottenham" tossers

Have you seen what this bunch of nutters want. £100 million from Spurs to develop the local area, they say the NDL is having a negative effect for the local community!!!! I fully support local communities having an input to local developments but this is just madness. Tottenham is cesspit it has been on a downward spiral since Bernie Grant allowed anarchy to rule. Most sensible companies moved out. Without this development nothing will change. What always amazes me is how these do gooders always know what the community want.

Where did your info come from? Last I heard, haringey council had agreed to support the development by contributing to developing transport links etc. Who are these people that have demanded this?

KDDL has been goofed this bunch of NDL are one of two groups either the idiots from the University of Nottingham or the Nando group and neither have enough scope or cash to influence anyone WHL is supported by Harringey and the GLA to make the Community profit as well as the club have a better and more empiric stadia just as is planned at Liverpool and was at Chelsea. The better part of Tottenham s plans are that it can regenerate a Poverty stricken,Riot damaged and Government Destroyed Community Yes Grant and his African cronies did not help but at least THFC can help re build the lives and jobs of the area The supporters of these opponents are as thick as an Arsenal fan who insists that his team are entertaining

Good point, Nigel. I'm fairly certain that planning permission has already been granted so any meeting with the 'community' will be to keep them involved and humour the fuckwits around the place.

Have you seen what this bunch of nutters want. £100 million from Spurs to develop the local area, they say the NDL is having a negative effect for the local community!!!! I fully support local communities having an input to local developments but this is just madness. Tottenham is cesspit it has been on a downward spiral since Bernie Grant allowed anarchy to rule. Most sensible companies moved out. Without this development nothing will change. What always amazes me is how these do gooders always know what the community want.

What donks.

Christ Almighty.

Don't these people realise that Tottenham Hotspur ARE Tottenham?.The area itself has been on a steady decline for the last 40 years and it has got to the point where if we had upped sticks and left for the Olympic Stadium,then Tottenham as an area would be finished for good.You do not bite the hand that feeds you and to compare Arsenal's funding of regeneration projects around Highbury,which was never a particularly poor or run down area anyway,is ridiculous.

This guff about homes and businesses being bulldozed to make way for the NPD is a red herring.What are the standard of homes that are being demolished and what businesses are being forced to make way for the development? International conglomerates or the usual two hundred take aways,betting shops and two bob convenience stores,the hallmark shops of a dying area.

The Tottenham community needs this development to go ahead unhindered in the hope that some of the big high street names can be lured into opening branches of their shops in Tottenham,with the much needed jobs that go with them.Now is not the time for people with personal scores to settle for political gain to be obstructing this project.

This group have sprung up due to the way the Council have managed the masterplan consultation (nothing to do with Spurs). Haringey are such a mess you will find quite a few Councillors linked with people in this group.

Personally I don't see them having any effect except to add to the delays.

The Tottenham area is desperate for this regeneration, it's terrible to see the way it has gone over the pass 40 years. I've lived in an area (Bermondsey) which had suffered from lack of investment but in the last 20 years it has improved massively, some locals are not happy but housing, employment, transport and facilities have made it a better place to live and work in, the same will happen to Tottenham. I can understand that they resent some companies and individuals will make big bucks but you have to see the big picture.

I lived near The Blue.

I lived in Rotherhithe opposite the primary school in the Mackintosh estate. Moved out years back but family live a stone throw away from the Browncoat or something pub.

The Blue rings a bell.

I lived there for over 35 years and was still an outsider, coming from North London was not acceptable. The Blue was the shopping area between Jamaica Road and Old Kent Road. My mother-in-law always told people she lived in Rotherhithe as she thought it was posher than the rest of the borough.