Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
SurreySpur

Anyone else getting excited?

We all know Bale is going to go and it's going to be hard seeing him in a Real Madrid kit...we all worshipped the guy last season and he provided us with some extraordinary moments of skill and some truly brilliant goals. We will miss him but.....

I'm starting to get really excited about the way the side is shaping up, there is something exciting about the unknown. We will enter the new season with fresh new talent, attacking with pace and power. A new clinical finisher up top to put away the chances supplied by Dembele, Chadli and little Lennon. We have a new box to box, goalscoring midfielder to team up with the Brazilian beast in the engine room. Walker hopefully back to his best, bombing forward to add width and overlaps and crosses. Siggy and Holtby providing some guile when needed and JD to come on to knick a goal when we need something special. 

With Kaboul back to compete at CB with Jan and Daws, we look strong although we need more cover now Caulker has departed(I don't get the logic behind that transfer!). We obviously also need to address the Left Back position too. 

And if anyone breaks through we have the best keeper in the Premier League in my opinion.....I've never seen a keeper so quick off his line...I love the sweeper keeper philosophy!! 

Yes, Losing Bale is a big blow but I'm starting to like the look of our new squad and with more arrivals surely on the way it will only get more exciting! New Season, New kit, New Look Spurs.......

COYS!!!!

My lowest moment has been last week end, because I finally accepted that Bale will go. Of course, I still hope in some twist, I still hope that Bale will come out saying that he is happy at Spurs and will stay for another year or more. I don’t think it will happen, and I am getting more and more in this “life without Bale†sort of attitude.

I needed some good news, though : it came this morning. All in all, Soldado is possibly the best striker we could realistically sign and I’m sure that up front we will be much better than last year.

Now let’s see what will be the outcome of the Bale saga... On paper, this link with Alvaro Morata sounds very promising, if he wants to move. We should get Coentrao relatively easily and this should address the CB issue. I would love to see Di Maria (absolute class), but I don’t think he will be keen on moving to Spurs; however he may not find any space at RM anymore

COYS!!!

In a word NO I would swap all 3 new comers for Bale to stay & think all we have to look forward to is another nearly season. I really believed Levy was going to make a stand and make Bale stay. It means we are still a selling club and whenever a player becomes our best player he will be sold.

In a word NO I would swap all 3 new comers for Bale to stay & think all we have to look forward to is another nearly season. I really believed Levy was going to make a stand and make Bale stay. It means we are still a selling club and whenever a player becomes our best player he will be sold.

Respectfully disagree. If Bale goes we will all be disappointed. Selling top players is one thing, but sometimes it makes sense. Caulker is a sale that bucks the trend...selling for a sizable fee before the player reaches potential. We are also buying players, good ones for a lot of money. Paulinho, Chadli, and now a bonafide top class striker in Soldado.

How many teams can manage to resist the draw of Real Madrid? If Modric was sold to Chelsea and Bale went to United as Berbatov did then it would be different. I only hope Bale knows what he is doing because Real has damaged many a career and I really feel him staying would be best for him.

I've come to accept this "life without bale". Don't want any RM players as part of the deal if they don't want to move to WHL. I like a squad that is loyal, and doesn't play for the money (although any RM player moving to WHL will prob have a pay cut). Before bale leaves, i would ask for the rest of the modric money and would ask for 100+m. We can easily fill the voids in our squad with the money. As for bale, disappointment if he leaves, but it's really understandable. I really hope he ends up like modric: a flop. then we get a ton of money and it is all RM's fault. If bale stays, we need a backup striker and need to start filling the gaps in our defense. It's really looking bleak back there tbh.

I think it's hard to demand a player honour his contract when he wants to leave.  Don't think that's right,

but that's the way it is and I'm not going to change that.

Fill this side up with players that WANT to be here.  We will NEVER be a "final destination" place like

the sides where all our GOOD players end up going.  Doesn't mean we can't finish top 4 most seasons

and win the occasional trophy or two?

I look at it differently; yes it would be sad if he goes but Spurs isn't  or nor should it be a one man team. We played that game with Gazza and that was a disaster. We want a team of great players, not individuals (I am not saying Bale is not a team player but too much attention would be focused on him and not the team). Whatever happens Spurs should gain.

We've seen great players come and go but still haven't  won the League since 1961. This season - with or without Bale - I fancy our chances. We've got a good manager and a good team (again; with or without Bale). COYS

Some interesting things going on at the bookies - odds being slashed on Bale to stay.

Sky sports we're ready to make a story about how the betting was slashed for bale to leave.Bet they aint so quick to make a story about the betting odds being slashed for him to stay...................................CVNTS

We all know Bale is going to go and it's going to be hard seeing him in a Real Madrid kit...we all worshipped the guy last season and he provided us with some extraordinary moments of skill and some truly brilliant goals. We will miss him but.....

I'm starting to get really excited about the way the side is shaping up, there is something exciting about the unknown. We will enter the new season with fresh new talent, attacking with pace and power. A new clinical finisher up top to put away the chances supplied by Dembele, Chadli and little Lennon. We have a new box to box, goalscoring midfielder to team up with the Brazilian beast in the engine room. Walker hopefully back to his best, bombing forward to add width and overlaps and crosses. Siggy and Holtby providing some guile when needed and JD to come on to knick a goal when we need something special. 

With Kaboul back to compete at CB with Jan and Daws, we look strong although we need more cover now Caulker has departed(I don't get the logic behind that transfer!). We obviously also need to address the Left Back position too. 

And if anyone breaks through we have the best keeper in the Premier League in my opinion.....I've never seen a keeper so quick off his line...I love the sweeper keeper philosophy!! 

Yes, Losing Bale is a big blow but I'm starting to like the look of our new squad and with more arrivals surely on the way it will only get more exciting! New Season, New kit, New Look Spurs.......

COYS!!!!

I'm starting to cream my pants lol soldado qualityyyyyyyy

Hard to replace Bale, although the club moves on and we just have to get on with things.

I don' think it is hard to replace him; unless we were a one man band.

The trouble with Bale is he has had one great season; too early to see if he is a fly by night or a real great talent. He's also very young. Personally I think he should have left it for a few years.

I admire your optimism sir!

It's a gut feeling. Of all of these stories about figures and Bale asking to leave, not one of them has a shred of evidence. I highly doubt that any sort of bid has been put in and that RM are even talking to Levy, although I'm sure they're trying. The more they talk about Bale, the more it feels like it's because they can't talk to Levy so are trying to get him to force a move. He won't do that. There are whisperings that he is impressed with the signings and that the parents flying to Miami was to discuss the new contract that AVB mentioned. Although that statement has as much credibility as the papers without any evidence.

I'm confident though.

It's a gut feeling. Of all of these stories about figures and Bale asking to leave, not one of them has a shred of evidence. I highly doubt that any sort of bid has been put in and that RM are even talking to Levy, although I'm sure they're trying. The more they talk about Bale, the more it feels like it's because they can't talk to Levy so are trying to get him to force a move. He won't do that. There are whisperings that he is impressed with the signings and that the parents flying to Miami was to discuss the new contract that AVB mentioned. Although that statement has as much credibility as the papers without any evidence.

I'm confident though.

If you're correct JJ.....and I really hope you are. We will win the league next year. With the new arrivals and Bale still in the side we will be the strongest side in the league. 

If you're correct JJ.....and I really hope you are. We will win the league next year. With the new arrivals and Bale still in the side we will be the strongest side in the league. 

hope you are right,a spurs team with bale in it could challenge for the league no problem...

Only if we get some CBs. We probably need 3.

I cant believe the quality of players were buying.with the new additions and bale it would be a great team.

even if bale goes,we are still goin in the right direction,things are lookin up,lets just keep our heads held high c.o.y.s.

I'm so confident that I'm willing to put someone elses money on it.

Only if we get some CBs. We probably need 3.

It's tough. In reality we need 4 good CBs in the squad. We have 3 although 2 are on the mend and I have hope that we'll offer the Steaua owner some tampons and get the deal done.

I cant believe the quality of players were buying.with the new additions and bale it would be a great team.

Part of me thinks that Levy has been waiting for the right moment to have a go. I don't think he trusted Harry and he wanted to wait to see how things developed with AVB.

3 centre backs? One really, verts will be back for palace game and kaboul ready for palace game by all accounts. Excellent intentions made this summer looking forward to seeing a top forward play. Not taking any credit but I said right back at the start he was my no1 choice and we would sign him. Anybody prefer benteke now against someone who has scored 80 goals in 110 games? Me neither