Spurs Web
Davefletch

Lewis holtby

I'm undecided on Holtby. He looks busy and covers a lot of ground but his distribution and positioning was very hit and miss last season. Hopefully after a pre season with spurs he will show what he's capable of. 

I expect a lot from him but only because its clear to see the guys talent. Was a bit confused as to how AVB played him last season, as would always prefer him to Parker but with our team getting stronger every purchase its hard to see him starting games, am I right in saying most Spurs fans would expect and prefer a midfield of Dembelè, Sandro and Paulinho aka Powerhouse P. Lewis isn't quick enough for wing play so...looks like a bench warming situation till he can get a chance to prove himself.

After watching him in the u21 tournament i have to say the qualities he showed right now he'd be ahead of dembele for me who still has so much to do to recapture his form from before he got injured.

I think he would be perfect for that, and it's nice to have these two different options

I don't think he has shone for us like he does for his national team, but when he clicks and fully settles, he could be like a new signing for us all over again. I rate him highly but, like Siggy, I don't think he will get a lot of games this season.

When he arrived I thought he was a number 10 sort of player, in behind the striker, but I think his most impressive performances have been in a deeper role. I love his energy, and playing in that deeper role just gives him all the more chance to use it to get on the ball as much as possible. He's got good confidence, he's been talking himself up for the coming season, I hope he goes on to become a big player for us in the coming years. Dare I say it, in terms of passion, commitment and attitude, a new Rafa?