Spurs Web
DJ Ebony

Aarron Lennon

Anybody shed any light ad to why woy hodgson the yes man for the fa had overlookef lennon for england squad? Is it because he dont play for manky utd or the bindippers or is he injured?

Just seems strange to me how milner and young are almost dead certs for every aquad yet lennon who has pace and has improved so much past few seasons constantly gets overlooked.

I do agree that it  suits us better but i still can't believe the likes of downing young milner are seen as further up the pecking order than him.

Especially the stunning season Milner and downing just had.

Always disappoints me how Lennon plays for England. Looks tentative plays the easiest pass. I wish he would just turn up throw caution to the wind and run at defenders every time he gets the ball. I cant remember when England didnt last play dull football though so maybe he just gets drawn into the mentality.

I don't think any manager has been able to get the players produce their club form for England in ages. We always appear to play with the fearing of losing, I don't agree with the Keegan attitude but I think England should play with a bit more freedom and let the other teams worry about us.

Would prefer we just play the kids. Think we've made many mistakes with managers and putting blind faith in the wrong sort of players. think most supporters have lost interest with the national team, seems that there's no heart there and nothing to feel proud of. Would find it easier to get behind the kids at least they might give it a go.

I do agree that it  suits us better but i still can't believe the likes of downing young milner are seen as further up the pecking order than him.

Madness but the England team has always been like it. 

What this England team need is harry i know qpr went down but they were shit.He would at least try to get us playing decent football we've tried tactical since sven and it hasn't worked for once i just want to see an england team go for it be confident and attack and play with pride.I know harry fucked up but he'd have been great for England a different approach some desire to win instead of being scared to lose.

What this England team need is harry i know qpr went down but they were shit.He would at least try to get us playing decent football we've tried tactical since sven and it hasn't worked for once i just want to see an england team go for it be confident and attack and play with pride.I know harry fucked up but he'd have been great for England a different approach some desire to win instead of being scared to lose.

The fa wanted a yes man a squeaky clean not rock the boat manager, Harry is like Terry Venables in the sense that his business dealings are somewhat dubious and he would not be an FA mouthpiece. IMO thats why Hodgson (mr charisma) got the job over Harry

Until you rid the FA of the unqualified and sack the sort of negative coaches like HODGSON then England wil be Boring in their play despite the good players we can put out Sometimes I think they deliberately get INJURED to avoid the FA coaches The three lions have played only two games of class since 1966 Against Germany when Owen went goal mad and against the classy Dutch in 1990 when we played them off the park Shearer and Sheringham were untouchable

Yeah, he is quite a lazy player i think. He's clearly happy with his lot and has never pushed himself on to become a better player. Some players have the drive and determination to become the best that they can be...others don't.

The fact that he is now entering his ninth season with us and the fact there are a lot of unanswered questions about his abilities says everything you need to know about him.

Apparently when Edgar Davids was here,he would encourage Lennon to do extra training,which Lennon duly did.But when Davids left and Hudd arrived,there was a massive change in attitude from Lennon.It seems as if extra night club visits rather than extra training became the norm and whilst he is still a useful player,it seems as if he is coasting.

The problem Lennon has is that his game is all about pace.When his pace begins to disappear it will become all too obvious that he dosen't really have any other outstanding qualities to offer.

In terms of attractive football, Lennon has always been my favourite current Spurs player. When he is inspired, he is just unplayable, and often he can put some good ball in the box for his team mates. However, it's not often enough, and he seems to be still a bit inconsistent. In this area of the game we need to improve a lot, even more now that we have Soldado.