Spurs Web
Rooko

another red sponsor

You think we have problems? Look at Cardiff City (aka the Bluebirds). To get in the PL they had to sell out their entire heritage. The Bluebirds play in Red now, because some Malaysian guy with far more money than sense considers red to be 'lucky'.

Not bad for having just sacked our director of marketing (ok, I appreciate that marketing is more complicated than that, but..)

The amount of shit a football fan has to go through these days is unbelievable. The sponsor should always be in the second colour of the team, but it's too late: fans are getting used to this crap more and more, and I bet that many of them would find a kit without sponsor odd and ugly. We obviously cannot avoid this and we need that money , but it's very very sad

Oh so what, a bit of red, jeez get real, doesnt mean we're gooner scum or anything.

Don't like the branding but I like the money, though cant see these shirts selling too well!

I wish I still had my Holsten ones, stupidly sold them at a boot sale many years ago :-(

I've no clue who this company is but given the fact that they are an Asian Insurance company, it is clear that this marketing effort (as half-assed as it may appear to us) is to build Spurs brand in Asia:

AIA Group Limited and its subsidiaries (collectively “AIA†or “the Groupâ€) comprise the largest independent publicly listed pan-Asian life insurance group. It has operations in 16 markets in Asia-Pacific – wholly-owned branches and subsidiaries in Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, China, Korea, the Philippines, Australia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Vietnam, New Zealand, Macau, Brunei, a 97 per cent subsidiary in Sri Lanka and a 26 per cent joint-venture in India.

The business that is now AIA was first established in Shanghai over 90 years ago. It is a market leader in the Asia-Pacific region (ex-Japan) based on life insurance premiums and holds leading positions across the majority of its markets. It had total assets of US$134,439 million as of 30 November 2012.

AIA meets the savings and protection needs of individuals by offering a range of products and services including retirement savings plans, life insurance and accident and health insurance. The Group also provides employee benefits, credit life and pension services to corporate clients. Through an extensive network of agents and employees across Asia-Pacific, AIA serves the holders of more than 25 million individual policies and over 13 million participating members of group insurance schemes.

AIA Group Limited is listed on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited under the stock code “1299†with American Depositary Receipts (Level 1) traded on the over-the-counter market (ticker symbol: “AAGIYâ€).

I don't think this company does business across Europe unless it is marketing life insurance and investments to Asian communities there, even if it were, that would seem a relatively small market.

So I see this as purely a way to find new fans in China, Korea, Japan etc.....this is where the future growth of the PL team brands will come.

Its a shit logo....I couldn't care about red or not, but looking at their website they do have a better logo than this crayon text:

logo-aia.png