Spurs Web
CigarGuy

Yid Army

I'm a big fucker and so are a few of my mates,and we're always calling each other fat cunt this and fat cunt that,it's called fucking banter,and said jokingly.If however someone comes at me teeth showing,fists clenched calling me a fat cunt,then he'll get a fucking good hiding,it's "how" things are said rather than "what" is said.Some people really need to take a fucking Chill Pill!

Please don't eat me!

This is as fucking stupid as it gets,what I couldn't ever understand aswell as all this bollocks is:

Someone from Poland is a Pole.

Someone from Denmark is a Dane.

Someone from Australia is an Aussie.

Someone from Scotland is a Scot.

Someone from Finland is a Fin.

Yet someone from Pakistan can't be called a ....!

What the fuck is that all about??? Can someone please explain???

I'm from United Kingdom but am not a King.

I'm from Great Britain but hate being called a BRIT.

I'm from ENGLAND ! I'm ENGLISH Damnit !!!!!!!!!!

Call me English NOT A BRIT !!!!!!!    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr   Fuckn Press refer to us as Brits !!   I HATE IT !!!!!

Anyone who served in NI will understand what i mean............

I'm from United Kingdom but am not a King.

I'm from Great Britain but hate being called a BRIT.

I'm from ENGLAND ! I'm ENGLISH Damnit !!!!!!!!!!

Call me English NOT A BRIT !!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Fuckn Press refer to us as Brits !! I HATE IT !!!!!

Anyone who served in NI will understand what i mean............

Same here mate,and another thing I hate,is all the forms and things I've ever filled out in the past have been handed or sent back to me because I don't put British,I put English,I bet if Andy Murray was shit,hed be Scottish,because he wins things he's British,utter bollocks!

Those society of black lawyers are total c*nts, clueless gobshites.

The kick it out and pfa guys, John Barnes etc. that are geniunely trying to create equality in things that matter say they are being hampered by these attention seeking idiots.  Their extremism and aggressiveness does nothing to help real racial issues.  It only creates more resentments between different ethnicities.

An excellent point.

I do wish that the PFA would speak out against these chancers because the PFA have been campaigning for years about racism in football and whatever they have achieved is being hijacked by a tiny group of people who have their own particular agenda.

Racism in football should be dealt with by the PFA and the appropriate governing body of the sport,not an outside organisation who feel that shit-stirring is the best way to get some attention for their lunatic ideals and deliberately at the expense of those for whom are genuinely trying to make a change for the better for everyone in football.

Who the fuck do they think they are? so they have the right to tell us who we are? And what were not? Really....what I'd like to see happen is a petition for non jewish and Jewish spurs supporters to sign up stating that we are proud to be associated with the Jewish community and we stand as one against the racism of other teams.

We should show them that we are not an easy target and expose them for the embarrassment that they are.

We stand here spurs, we all stand as one, we are YIDS.

The Yid-Ish Question. An excellent blog and worth the read, if you read it properly and understand it you can understand the problem we face. Although I must admit I am one of those supporters who could never eloquently argue for or against!

From my point of view, I have followed Spurs all my life, I am 48, I was born in a Stamford Hill hospital, Bearsted Memorial, although I am not Jewish and none of my family ever have been or are now. I lived at bottom of seven sisters up to age of 12 before we moved further out to Essex. I lived on the door step of Stamford hill a predominately Jewish area of London. As are quite a few areas of north London. I give this info to give an insight of my upbringing I attended a CoE school so actually had no connections to the Jewish community apart from my birth and the fact I lived in close proximity to their community. My problem with this argument is this, I have neve thought of the singing or shouting the Yid, yiddo, yidio as being racist or insulting and in that it shows my ingnorance! But there are also so many reasons why it can be construed as insulting but also endearing. I am a white man but a word I detest is the word 'Nigger' i hate it with a passion even when young Black guys use it as a term of friendship, even in films! So does this make it ok for me to use the word Yid? Even if I don't mean it offensively? What I would say though is this seems to have been brought about by one person, David Badiel and the momentum is growing apace. If he was more concerned with ridding his club and many other clubs of their hissing and Nazi chants then he's argument could be taken more seriously, surely the hissing we have to endure at almost 60% of away ground is far more racist, insulting and ignorant than us ourselves using the word Yid. Tottenham Hotspur Football Club has for a very very long time had an association with the Jewish community as well as all community's within their surrounding areas. I am sure if this was such an awful and offencive chant surely the Jewish community would be up in arms and petitioning the club directly. Maybe they have done I don't know? I think in reality this stems from one person, David Badiel, and the FA have jumped on the bandwagon as the society of black lawyers. I suppose really no one knows the right answers or the right way to deal with this as we do not have Jewish players within the league so there is no one to say they are offended when playing at WHL. One last thing, who had ever heard of the Black Society of Lawyers any way?? I actually feel they jump on all bandwagons to promote themselves!!

I may not understand the issue well enough.

If "Yid" is an offensively term, isn't red devil also offensively?

Devil is the enemy of god. It is evil.

Anyone asking MU to change its club crest?

whats the alternative?  a turd?

a crashed plane?

ill get my coat

You used to be able to shout out anything, abuse anyone you wanted, they were great days.

Skin colour, hair length, height, size of body (who ate all the pies/ you fat bastard to Mickey Quinn etc) , now we got all these foreign trash over here theyre all too bleeding touchy.

Lanky hippy fat diego coons , I hate em all.

Bring back the quintessential white English, 5-9, slim, fit, short back and sides footballer of yesteryear then nobody can abuse them because they are perfect. Stanley Matthews anyone or would you prefer Ramires or maybe Eboue , fine English stock indeed.

This is as fucking stupid as it gets,what I couldn't ever understand aswell as all this bollocks is:

Someone from Poland is a Pole.

Someone from Denmark is a Dane.

Someone from Australia is an Aussie.

Someone from Scotland is a Scot.

Someone from Finland is a Fin.

Yet someone from Pakistan can't be called a ....!

What the fuck is that all about??? Can someone please explain???

Someone from Pakistan is called a Pakistani, just like someone from from Israel is called an Israeli. We KNOW that the other term for aa person from Pakistan is offensive.

Well the term Yid is specifically used to describe someone Jewish and was adopted by Spurs fans decades ago in the face of racial abuse. It was originally used by opposition fans in a derogatory way so the Spurs fans started using it themselves in a positive way. Comparisons can be made with black people using the N word themselves to remove/replace the negativity attached to it, although only loosely. Obviously the level of racism has decreased a lot since then, but it's become part of our history as a club and a community.

The FA seems to think that if we stop saying it that opposition fans will stop making gas chamber hissing sounds and doing Nazi salutes. It's almost impressively naïve to think it will make any difference at all. Racist fans won't suddenly stop being racist because we stop saying a word. Our fans weren't attacked in Rome and Lyon because we call ourselves Yids, they were attacked because of the clubs Jewish history. That history won't change simply because we stop saying it.

We are not being offensive towards Jews or anyone else. These chants are part and parcel of supporting Spurs.If anyone has taken offence,why aren't the police telling us about it. It's the FA. Why don't they be up front and tell us exactly what the problem is.If any fans find it offensive then don't visit WHL- problem solved.

We are not being offensive towards Jews or anyone else. These chants are part and parcel of supporting Spurs.If anyone has taken offence,why aren't the police telling us about it. It's the FA. Why don't they be up front and tell us exactly what the problem is.If any fans find it offensive then don't visit WHL- problem solved.

I did have that opinion, but to be honest now I have changed my mind.

I am fully aware most, if not all will disagree, but I think its time for the words 'Yid and Yiddo' to be quietly forgotten and usage fade away. Times have changed. Certain words in the '60s and 70s were commonplace, now they are rarely used. The 'N' word being one, and yes I also disagree with the use of the word by rap artists. They cite 'ownership' of the word, thats like wanting to own the excrement of a diarrhea sufferer. Most Spurs supporters are not Jewish, thus most who chant and use the terms are not Jewish. Jewish people do not like being called a yid, it is offensive. I KNOW WE ARE NOT USING IT OFFENSIVELY. However it is an offensive word.  The argument of stick and stones etc is also a poor one, many have said this to me over the years and I call them a paedophile, after all,  its only a word. I have found most people get to about the third time of me calling them a paedophile before they get very very offended.

My views on the whole 'yid' nonsense aside, why are the THST only contacting season-ticket holders for their opinions on the matter? Are only the fans that can afford the exorbitant, extortionate prices that Spurs charge for their product entitled to their say? I've got 27 years of support behind me! I'm a paying member and I have a view too.

'Yid army' chants I've never liked, just think its an ugly chant with a negative connotation. And it detracts from Tottenham the football club.

Someone from Pakistan is called a Pakistani, just like someone from from Israel is called an Israeli. We KNOW that the other term for aa person from Pakistan is offensive.

I know the word is offensive and would never use it,but what I am asking is WHY?If I was from Scotland could I consider myself racially abused if I was called a Scot,because the place I'm from was shortened a few letters?Exactly the same if I were from Poland and was called a Pole.I mean absolutely no offence when asking this,but if the country ended with Land instead of Stan would it be ok?I don't really see the difference.

Regarding all the above and the FA will do FA about :   So Are the FA/police gonna stop Liverpool fans chanting Munich to Mancs or vice versa Mancs chanting Heysel or Hillsborough.  NO THEY WON'T !!!!   (Even though it's offensive) but the Yid Army isn't??  It all amounts to the same thing doesn't it???? Well doesn't it???

Well the term Yid is specifically used to describe someone Jewish and was adopted by Spurs fans decades ago in the face of racial abuse. It was originally used by opposition fans in a derogatory way so the Spurs fans started using it themselves in a positive way. Comparisons can be made with black people using the N word themselves to remove/replace the negativity attached to it, although only loosely. Obviously the level of racism has decreased a lot since then, but it's become part of our history as a club and a community.

The FA seems to think that if we stop saying it that opposition fans will stop making gas chamber hissing sounds and doing Nazi salutes. It's almost impressively naïve to think it will make any difference at all. Racist fans won't suddenly stop being racist because we stop saying a word. Our fans weren't attacked in Rome and Lyon because we call ourselves Yids, they were attacked because of the clubs Jewish history. That history won't change simply because we stop saying it.

Yes, what I find staggering about all of this is that they neglect very serious issues like Chelsea fans hissing and our fans being stabbed in racist attacks and start clamping down on what is probably, to 99% of people, pretty much a non-issue.  There should have been uproar over what happened in Rome and the hissing, but all they can talk about is a three letter word we call ourselves! F*&king morons.

I did have that opinion, but to be honest now I have changed my mind.

I am fully aware most, if not all will disagree, but I think its time for the words 'Yid and Yiddo' to be quietly forgotten and usage fade away. Times have changed. Certain words in the '60s and 70s were commonplace, now they are rarely used. The 'N' word being one, and yes I also disagree with the use of the word by rap artists. They cite 'ownership' of the word, thats like wanting to own the excrement of a diarrhea sufferer. Most Spurs supporters are not Jewish, thus most who chant and use the terms are not Jewish. Jewish people do not like being called a yid, it is offensive. I KNOW WE ARE NOT USING IT OFFENSIVELY. However it is an offensive word.  The argument of stick and stones etc is also a poor one, many have said this to me over the years and I call them a paedophile, after all,  its only a word. I have found most people get to about the third time of me calling them a paedophile before they get very very offended.

It will probably fade away when Spurs fans stop getting racially insulted for the club being linked to the Jewish community.

It is a method of just saying, we are proud of who we are and our club.  It's a bit like the N word and also 'I'm here and I'm queer' that gay people use.  It takes power away from the abuser when you say, 'yea, so what, what's your point?'

Times and standards change.

To point at another injustice or inequality to provide 'cover' or excuse our use of an offensive term is not the right way to look at it. If my neighbour gets away with a murder he committed, does that mean I have free licence to commit murder ? I am fully aware why we use the chants, and it's use is NOT to offend, I just think times have changed.

I have never accepted the 'ownership' argument, who wants to own a stinking turd?