Spurs Web
Knightwriter

The Bay Whore

he doesn't deserve to get infront of JD or Kane who have both shown for the club despite being 'left out', they didn't sulk off and moan or go missing.

For me Ade is 4th choice and deservedly so , if he is picked ahead of JD at the moment its a poor decision, I'm not arguing about who is better  more about who deserves first dibs at starting

I agree. He should be out 4th choice, and it's up to him to show that he's worth more than that

I would give him 15 mins off the bench tomorrow. Then more minutes in the cup games and see how he goes!

What irritates me is that he is the typical guy who in a moment like this plays 30 mins and scores twice, then when he feels settled he disappears.

Anyway, as I said, he knows what to do to to gain some respect back and if he's up for it I'd give him a chance at some point.

JD is only scoring against the weaker sides though.  When he had his chance last year JD didn't really look the part.  And he had a great chance against Chelsea. He's never been a really top player, and granted his movement and awareness has improved a lot under AVB but to me he's still never going to set the world alight.  As frustrating as Adebayor was last year, he could be a level ahead of Defoe if he puts his mind to the task.  If he's training hard I'd give him a go in the cup games and see if he can man up to the level he should be at.  After that he might be eligible for rotation with Soldado depending on the opposition and in keeping both fresh and on their toes.

I actually like the look of Kane, he's got good awareness and technique, but if he's good enough he still might not be ready for the first team.  He might need to get sent out on loan if Ade gets his ass in gear.

I was really baffled we didn't go for Sturridge or Remy when they were available.  Pure quality both of them.  Surely having those fellas that can play up front or wing forward would have completed our squad in an instant.  Last Jan we should have gone for Sturridge, this summer I know Remy has had his issues but its probably a load of tosh and what a player he is.  If you ask me we should go back for Remy as soon as he is available again.

Adebayor's attitude does suck but he is a quality player and we can't afford to ditch quality players.If he has admitted that last season he was unfit and uninterested,then perhaps he will show some professionalism and try to make amends and justify his wages for this season.

JD cannot be the back up option alone for Soldado and Adebayor,if he is committed,is another useful option.

I was against this prick from the start. My most hated player by a loooooong way. Sick of hearing about him at bastard teams like Arsenal and City, mercenary scum, wanker even knocked us out of the Champions League. But the moment a player dons the lillywhite we get behind them. He had a good season on loan and if the pirahna faced, lanky streak of money grabbing obscenities can recapture this form I say get behind him. COYS!

I was against this prick from the start. My most hated player by a loooooong way. Sick of hearing about him at bastard teams like Arsenal and City, mercenary scum, wanker even knocked us out of the Champions League. But the moment a player dons the lillywhite we get behind them. He had a good season on loan and if the pirahna faced, lanky streak of money grabbing obscenities can recapture this form I say get behind him. COYS!

...And then fuck him off!..

o come on, he has said what he needed to say to get back in the good books, not because he genuinely thinks it, hes a lying two faced fucktard, he cheated death and that still hasnt motivated him to do his best each and every game, fuck him hes a cunt , I will boo him and hate him cos he has never given his all for Spurs on a consistent basis ie more than 60 minutes , if he does play I hope he breaks his leg I don't want skank like him in a Spurs shirt its disrespectful to the clubs history to have a money grabbing retard like him playing for us still.

Yes he can be good, but he rarely is, he blows cold far too often ie 50 weeks of the year, and gets paid silly money for acting like a dork .

Yes JD missed against Chelsea but in the relatively few minutes he was on V Soldado's appearance , he created his own chances V waiting for one to be created for him .

JD has been here and loyal and a performer whilst whingers like Mido, Kanoute, Pav, Berbs, Keane , Ade have all come and (mostly) gone

I'm not making excuses for him,but what he's been through over the last few years would affect anyone's mindset,whoever they are.If he's now over what's cruelly happened to him in the past, and is willing to put in 100%,then I think he needs cutting some slack.How many of us could go what he's been through,and put 100% into what is at the end of the day,a job?He must also feel a great amount of personal guilt,if he was a mechanic or chef instead of a footballer,would these awful things have happened?Im only saying.

The second this guy puts his hands on hip or throws them around cos a pass hasn't gone to he's feet or doesn't run down nearly balls/ lost causes I'd ship him out. Going by his usual display thus will likely be in the first 60 mins.

He's just a bad egg.

I'm not making excuses for him,but what he's been through over the last few years would affect anyone's mindset,whoever they are.If he's now over what's cruelly happened to him in the past, and is willing to put in 100%,then I think he needs cutting some slack.How many of us could go what he's been through,and put 100% into what is at the end of the day,a job?He must also feel a great amount of personal guilt,if he was a mechanic or chef instead of a footballer,would these awful things have happened?Im only saying.

Ok I agree what happens to the guy will have been extremely hard, but he gets to do one of the greatest things on earth and that's play football for a living, I don't know about you but when I play football and give it my all any problems or thoughts I have disappear. I'd have thought that is the one place you'd want to be. Also

Defoe been through just as much maybe more and look at his character wether you think jds a good striker or not no one can question his strength in character and should have everyones respect and admiration.

Ok I agree what happens to the guy will have been extremely hard, but he gets to do one of the greatest things on earth and that's play football for a living, I don't know about you but when I play football and give it my all any problems or thoughts I have disappear. I'd have thought that is the one place you'd want to be. Also

Defoe been through just as much maybe more and look at his character wether you think jds a good striker or not no one can question his strength in character and should have everyones respect and admiration.

I do agree mate,I suppose I'm just trying to be diplomatic and try to understand it from Ades perspective.JD has also had his moments,last week going public and not the 1st time.To us football is our love and I couldn't do without it,my job however,I certainly don't love it,it's just a job,it puts money in my pocket and pays the bills,BAE said pretty much the same.If Ade comes back, gives his all,scores enough goals to get us top four and maybe a cup then will everyone still hate him?It was his goals that helped us to CL in the first place,I very much doubt we would be where we are now without that season.If he comes back and is the same lazy cunt as before,then fuck him off.Id rather have Ade at the top of his game than Kane at the top of his if anything happens to Soldado or JD.

At the end of the day , we need players who score goals. If he will do that (and certainly he's got the quality to do that), I'm sure he'll play more regularly: that's the only message we want from him.

I just hope that this will be a "healthy" competition between our strikers, and not an additional problem for AVB, who has ebnough wiork to do to find the right set up for this squad.

What irritates me is that he is the typical guy who in a moment like this plays 30 mins and scores twice, then when he feels settled he disappears.

Anyway, as I said, he knows what to do to to gain some respect back and if he's up for it I'd give him a chance at some point.

Thats the thing, we have to keep him motivated so that he doesnt feel his place in the team is cemented, but at the same time you have to make him fell comfortable in the team so that he plays well.

It's a very fine line.

I think YidArmy made some great points.  Ade is from a totally different world to any of us.  I can't imagine what it is like growing up in Africa and getting out of there.  For those guys they seem to have won 10 world cups just getting to a major league.  They also follow the dollar way more than other players, apart from maybe the South Americans, because they've seen absolute abject poverty and also are probably supporting God knows how many people at home.  Adebayor has been through more of that crap than many of has been in a lifetime and a lot of it resurfaced big time in the last few years, so let's give him a second chance lads.

He wasn't near good enough last year in his fitness and attitude, and has admitted as much.  So if he rectifies it we can forget it, and we will have gained a top player.  If he is still fannying about then get rid. 

Also JD is no angel lads, he's done some silly shit in his time.  He's had a rough time himself as well, and has shown a lot better attitude in recent times than Adebayor.  But I do think Ade has had a much tougher life and in regards of JD deserving to be ahead, life isn't always fair.  I wonder how many lads looked at Berbatov and thought, 'I deserve to play ahead of him, I would leave blood, sweat and tears on the pitch, that fucker smokes 30 fags a day and barely tries a leg'.  But Berbatov was still better than all of them, the only one as good or near him at the time was Keane and that was skill plus work ethic. That's football.  If you can't find a way to be better than the next guy, even if you try your heart out, you won't play.  Then you stick at it or leave.

JD has been a great servant when you consider he's always faced this at spurs.

If AVB sees a way back for Adebayor, then that's good enough for me. To be blessed with our badge on his chest again he'll have to prove to AVB that he deserves it, so again, if AVB puts him out there, I'll cheer.

As for the clammoring about him being a greedy mercenary; what's the opposite? A homebody who works relentlessly to improve his skill and standing at the club? Those were the descriptions used to justify keeping Livermore at the club, and some people speak with as much hate about him cause they don't think he's good enough and get angry when he sees the pitch for us.

It's all well and good to want every player we have to be hard working and loyal, but we as fans can't offer that either, so why do we expect it from our players? They're not fans of the club. Only we are...

I agree mate,i know a lot of people on here don't like him and that's fair enough,but if he is prepared to fight for his place and give 100 percent and score the goals he has promised then get him in there his goals at the end of the season could prove crucial to our champions league hopes,but he is definetly in last chance saloon!!