Spurs Web
Mihai

arsenal, title?

boys, i am starting to be afraid that nothing will stop arsenal this season and they will win the title. they made a great move buying ozil. 

city and chelsea are having ups and downs..

i know its not a beautiful topic..

Kiiiidddding.

they're going well at moment,no doubting Ozil's quality, decent squad, but I honestly don't expect them to last the distance, there or there abouts, but my guts telling me out with top 4 this time.

I hope.

Hard to call as is everything involved with the top teams......have to admit there playing some great football, if they don't get injured then there be right up there but if key players get injured they will start to struggle. I still think they were shit against us but now there confidence is smashing all competition...a couple of bad results and it can all change though..

Still I'm not bothered about arse, more interested that we play well and go from strength to strength.

It's early days.  I don't expect them to keep it up.  They lack quality and depth in many areas.  They also have only played one of the contenders so far and to be honest we were still teething and they sat back which we were not expecting and it made a mess of our gameplan and we didn't change it early or well enough.

The last few years they've come unstuck badly at certain periods like November and also in big games.  I'm not worried.  They'll finish 3-5th place.

The more that I've heard the "Arsenal are finished" and "Wenger should resign" bollocks,the more I feared the worst.They are perfectly capable of winning the title and had we finished above them in the last two seasons,which we should have done,then they would not be in this position now.Us continually bottling it and handing them a CL place has laid the foundations for them launching a title bid.

Let's see how they stand by december. Might have a little trouble with depth due to injuries and the fact that ozil can't play a full 90 games. If they reinforce their squad come january, while we do nothing (don't we kinda normally stay quiet in january?), I will be worried.

I said before that of all the teams challenging the Goons should be the one that hits the ground running. Only 1 new player and same manager, therefore pretty much the same team as last year. If you look at all the others, they have many new players, or a new manager, or both. That means time is nedded to gel into a unit. We are a prime example!

I think the Goons will be unable to keep it up and other teams will close the gap

I like the optimism I am reading from most of you: I am much more worried.

They have something that nobody else has had in the last years: stability. Among low expectation and low criricism from their fans (who are the mildest in the PL) , wenger has build up a team of players who know each other well and play as a team with their eyes closed. (Against Napoli thei were very impressive, although Napoli were poor)

Players who were looking shit had all the time to improve and settle (e.g. Koscielny, Gibbs, Giroud as well, although he's not a world clas striker for sure). They also got Ozil, who has improved their game (although to me is a little bit overhyped), and that gave everybody else a big morale boost.

Another thing that worries me is that to win trophies you also need luck.

They have had the perfect fixtures to start with. They played us when we had barely had any training together and will have their first serious game on 2/11 (Liverpool). The really tough month for them will be December (7 games, including City away before Xmas and Cheslcum just after). By then they will have a few players back from injury, players like Podolski, the Ox, Walcunt and Cazorla

A good thing is that they may lack a bit of depth, but mainly in defense (if one of Koscielny or Merdesucker gets injuried they are fucked), and in general they get at least a goal every game. They can still buty players in January, though

For all these reasons I think they will go very far.

In this moment it's difficult to say whether we have a better or worse squad: time will tell, but I am sure that the squad we got will perform much better when they will have had the time to settle, exactly like the Arse in the last year.

As Rooko said, I am not worried, though. I would be painful watching them winning the PL, but we just need to focus on ourselves and think about winning the next game: we need to finish as high up as possible, with no fear of fighting for the first place. Our real enemy is ourselves: we had a better squad then them in the last 2 years, and still we have bottled it. This year is about getting the right winning mentality and get into the CL.

lose the welsh lad for a few months and the goals will dry up , hes on a purple patch at the mo but two internationals soon and he'll be crocked and then who they got left fit?

They seem to have this winning mentality that we still lack, this belief almost unshakable, Ok they might not be winning the league but they are still getting CL place every season even when theyre coming from a long way back, they get ona roll and pip us time and again , and its boring now

They seem to have this winning mentality that we still lack, this belief almost unshakable, Ok they might not be winning the league but they are still getting CL place every season even when theyre coming from a long way back, they get ona roll and pip us time and again , and its boring now

I think it's because they don't feel any pressure, so at some point of the season they start winning every game, as they are mentally rested. Luck is always in their favour as well: when they need it, they always get some good ref decision, and other clubs don't. Same for injuries: with Sandro and Kaboul fit we woul ghave never ended up below them last year

I think we have a winning mentality now and the Cardiff result proved that but they have always had it, they just seem to be playing with so  much confidence at the moment and look to score plenty and that is something we need to learn to do, Giroud is no world class striker but if you create chances for him he will score, Ramsey is playing great and Ozil is top class but i said that the day he signed ...... 42m well spent. WBA are on a high so hopefully that can get something.

Can't make my mind up with it being so early doors.They look good at the moment,a very stable,unchanged from last year team,although looking at their bench fills me with confidence,it's a long hard season,a few injuries could rip the arse out if them.Rumour has it they have money to spend but I think January is the worst time to go shopping.I think they'll definately be there abouts but so will we.

Ozil and a good start hasn't suddenly papered over the cracks at Arsenal.  They still lack a lot of solid defensive players and squad depth.  The only place they look the part is attacking midfield.  They'll do well to finish 3rd or 4th.

I found it hilarious when they bought Ozil and everyone acted like they had bought a world class goalie, two class centre halves and Roy Keane, because that was what they needed to be serious contenders.  It's all smoke and mirrors lads and they are just believing their own hype at the moment.

They'll lose a few games, and the defence will be at sea, looking at each other and you watch those heads drop.

Ozil is very good, but in that area of the park they were looking good already. A defensive midfielder like Sandro and another defender would turn them around. They can do with Giroud and Podolski upfront, but I would have been very worried if they got Suarez. Still,  I hope I am worrying too much and you guys will be right