Spurs Web
Kerryyid

Chris Hughton

Chris Hughton is a Spurs legend. One of the best defenders we've had. Chose to play for the Rep of Ireland, through his mother being Irish. Is welcomed in Ireland as a legend as he is at the Lane. Glenn Hoddle once asked him why did he sign for Ireland when he was good enough to play for England. Chris's response was "you've got 8 caps I've got over 20 and I'm having a great time". Ironically they both ended up with 53 caps. 13 yrs as a player, 10 yrs as assistant manager at the Lane. Instead of the police looking to arrest Spurs fans for chanting what WE ARE find the bastards who are racially abusing a Spurs and Ireland legend. FUCK YOU BADDIEL.

Chris Hughton is a Spurs legend. One of the best defenders we've had. Chose to play for the Rep of Ireland, through his mother being Irish. Is welcomed in Ireland as a legend as he is at the Lane. Glenn Hoddle once asked him why did he sign for Ireland when he was good enough to play for England. Chris's response was "you've got 8 caps I've got over 20 and I'm having a great time". Ironically they both ended up with 53 caps. 13 yrs as a player, 10 yrs as assistant manager at the Lane. Instead of the police looking to arrest Spurs fans for chanting what WE ARE find the bastards who are racially abusing a Spurs and Ireland legend. FUCK YOU BADDIEL.

good post mate,always loved Chris hughton,first black man to play for Ireland,he broke down barriers,met him once lovely guy,one of my favourite players of all time,a real spurs legend,love that picture of him at euro 88 battling ruud guillit,would love to see him manage spurs one day..

Well said Kerryyid. What's happened to Kick Racism Out, seems to me that the FA & police only do things when they can target easy issues & people.What a fucking waste of our money these organisations are.

Went to see The Commitments this week. In the show the N word is used 4/5 times, does no one get offended at this? is there an outcry in the press or by our friends at the Black Lawyers Soc. This is art and has got to be looked at "in context", what's the difference?

Racial abuse if it's on Facebook or to someone's face is disgusting and wrong,most of these idiots that do it on Facebook are cowards anyway,don't let it bother you Chris all us yids on here love you to bits,you are a hero to thousands of us,coys!!

It's people like Houghton that make the game respectable. Apart from when he will play us, I will always be wishing the best to him.

I hope that the guys that did that on FB or wherever will be prosecuted as they deserve, provided that the Police force will not too busy arresting people that haven't done anything else than singing their love for their own club

Also, the FA could do with a strong statement on this issue

It's people like Houghton that make the game respectable. Apart from when he will play us, I will always be wishing the best to him.

Totally agree. Love Chris Houghton for the true yid he is and who he is to our club. I always enjoy seeing him succeed (of course not against us), and hope his continued success puts these dicks in their place...