Spurs Web
Neil

Classic Tottenham Quotes

Feel free to add your favourite Tottenham related quotes in here...

Dave Mackay on Bill Nicholson: "He was straight as a die, 100 per cent honest and 100 per cent Spurs."

Bill Nicholson on Tottenham: "It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur, and I love the club."

Jimmy Greaves: "The biggest regret of my whole football career was leaving WHL in 1970. My interest weakened after that. I was heartbroken."

Danny Blanchflower 1972-

The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning.Its nothing of the kind.The game is about glory.Its about doing things in style,with a flourish,about going out and beating the other lot,not waiting for them to die of boredom.

Steve Perryman 2001-

Even now,when I go over to my mums house and dig out some of the old tracksuit tops I wore,it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. I like to think I am part of a special family.I am no longer connected with the club on a daily basis, but I'm delighted with every win and sad about every defeat.

Jimmy Greaves 1998-

I'm 58 and I think even I've played more football than Anderton over the past two years.If the Black Death ever swept through London again,I would not even want to be in the next street to him because you can be sure he would get it.

Steve Perryman 2001-

Even now,when I go over to my mums house and dig out some of the old tracksuit tops I wore,it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. I like to think I am part of a special family.I am no longer connected with the club on a daily basis, but I'm delighted with every win and sad about every defeat.

I wish he was though, need some defensive training

Alan Sugar 1996 -

"We'll win the title within three years".

Justin Edinburgh 1995,commenting on the crowds reaction to him being brought on as a sub -

"I don't think the crowd were booing me,they were booing the fact that a defender was being brought on instead of a forward" (glass definitely half full eh Justin?).

Guest Borodin

The Great Bill Nicholson

“Any player coming to Spurs whether he’s a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing.â€

(Wonder if Adebayor ever read that !!)

Danny Blanchflower 1972-

The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning.Its nothing of the kind.The game is about glory.Its about doing things in style,with a flourish,about going out and beating the other lot,not waiting for them to die of boredom.

Manure under Louie Van Gaal!

Tottenham Hotspur FC, and being a supporter of this great pioneering (First ever club to win the double.

First English Club to Rule Europe) Football Club, with it ethos of always attempting to win with flare/style, Class!

My recognition with this club go's beyond football. It's the pride I feel (especially in todays footballing climate)

being associated with a Club, that want to do things, the right way!

The morals/ethics and philosophy of our club (for most part) is what I believe in. On and off the pitch.

It's more than just a game for me!

Royce 71. 2015

Tottenham Hotspur FC, and being a supporter of this great pioneering (First ever club to win the double.

First English Club to Rule Europe) Football Club, with it ethos of always attempting to win with flare/style, Class!

My recognition with this club go's beyond football. It's the pride I feel (especially in todays footballing climate)

being associated with a Club, that want to do things, the right way!

The morals/ethics and philosophy of our club (for most part) is what I believe in. On and off the pitch.

It's more than just a game for me!

Royce 71. 2015

We weren't the first team to do the double both Preston and Villa did it in the Victorian era, It will always be just a game to me, a game I love whatever the score, if winning was everything to me I'd just be like all those other glory hunters.

We weren't the first team to do the double both Preston and Villa did it in the Victorian era, It will always be just a game to me, a game I love whatever the score, if winning was everything to me I'd just be like all those other glory hunters.

Your right KD! I should have added, in the 20th century. As far as the 'more than just a game' comment. I would have

hoped you understood where I was coming from. Of course it's just a game! An there are far more other things in life

that are more important!

The point I was trying to make, is we are like an a analogy of life! Take your time. Be considered about the future and try and

do things ethically! Because long-term it will reap rewards! Alla, Top 4 and above this season!

Frustrating and Naive as that my sound to some of the younger fans!

COYS!

Even now,when I go over to my mums house and dig out some of the old tracksuit tops I wore,it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. I like to think I am part of a special family.[/size]

I am no longer connected with the club on a daily basis, but I'm delighted with every win and sad about every defeat.[/size]

Who said that? Adebayor?

Guest Borodin

I am no longer connected with the club on a daily basis, but I'm delighted with every win and sad about every defeat.[/size]

Who said that? Adebayor?

Steve Perryman I reckon

Guest Borodin

One of my favourites :

"When you've finished playing football, young man, which is going to be very soon, I feel, you'll make a very good security guard." David Pleat to a 17yr old Neil Ruddock

Check out this, and watch the wonderful Arthue Rowe, I defy you to watch and not have a tear in your eye when he says what THFC means to him. (at 11.07)

My quotes: "Whatever happens you are my THFC, my team, my hopes, my dreams, my passion for football................"

"My first love is THFC, my second is watching the scum lose. Always has been, always will be.
And there is nothing wrong with that, and I am sure I am not alone with this philosophy."

Check out this, and watch the wonderful Arthue Rowe, I defy you to watch and not have a tear in your eye when he says what THFC means to him. (at 11.07)

My quotes: "Whatever happens you are my THFC, my team, my hopes, my dreams, my passion for football................"

"My first love is THFC, my second is watching the scum lose. Always has been, always will be.

And there is nothing wrong with that, and I am sure I am not alone with this philosophy."

Brilliant!