Spurs Web
K.D.D.D.D.Soc

Any views on the incident at todays match

I have always thought the flares or fireworks at matches were dangerous and think the linesman (that's what they are) was very luck not to have been more seriously injured. I have read that two men have been arrested. I hope they get appropriate penalties for this act and that the club ban them for life. These people have no concept of what could happen in such an enclosed area with these explosives and have no regard for the safety of the other fans, players, officials and staff at the ground.    

It's wrong,there's no two ways about it,but knowing the FA,and how much they hate us,they would want THFC to be charged with terrorism.

I agree but there is a moronic element to our support that has given the FA the ammunition to hate us over the last few years.

Whoever is responsible for this is a fucking moron. Thank God it didn't burst into flames on impacting with the linesman.I think,

probably like the rest of us,that this kind of behaviour was in the past,but life is full of surprises. A lifetime ban from all grounds, and a massive fine or prison sentence - both in my opinion should apply.

As usual and probably with most clubs fans,it's just one moron that gets the whole club tarred with the same brush,thank god the Lino didn't make a massive deal about it,big respect to him for that,things could have been a whole lot worse. Can more be done to try and find these things making there way into stadiums???Saddening really.

Lino was spot on.

I can't figure out the mentality of some people. Who the fuck got up this morning, looked in the mirror and said to himself "I've got a great idea. I'll take that smoke bomb that's been in my shed for years and then I'll chuck it at the linesman. I will be admired and loved by my fellow supporters and probably become a terrace legend."

Lino was spot on.

I can't figure out the mentality of some people. Who the fuck got up this morning, looked in the mirror and said to himself "I've got a great idea. I'll take that smoke bomb that's been in my shed for years and then I'll chuck it at the linesman. I will be admired and loved by my fellow supporters and probably become a terrace legend."

Instead he's become a terrace twat!!!

Which set of supporters did it come from?

ours by the look of it

any knob standing next to me throwing anything would have got a roundhouse kick to the head!**

**actually bullshit cos im too fat these days to lift my leg above my waist but you know what i mean

imagine a player getting hit by it, they'd still be rolling round now as someone said in the chat rom at the time (sorry to steal your joke whoever it was)

Top play by the lino, great response from his team and the Spurs fans not involved,  I would have liked to have heard them chanting his name in support to be honest, Im sure there was some verbal support for him closer by from some of them (in a nice way too I mean)

Back in the day these things went on, (Feyernoord away anyone?) OK not flares, but darts , coins etc you had to have your wits about you at all times, for no reason a load of coins would suddenly come raining down from the opposition fans in the next block , thankfully those days have gone, and they have, because back then this wouldn't have shocked anyone, now this gets the reaction (justified) of lets make the idiots that done this pay for it.

I thought the linesman handled it well. Full marks to him.

The two people who threw it were Spurs supporters. However, why didn't anybody get done when a flair was thrown at the West Ham game by West Ham supporters? It wasn't even mentioned.,

This has been coming for a while, Poland were throwing them at Wembley last week and fookall was said but now something has struck an official everyone is going crazy ..... Err yea its been an accident waiting to happen. YAWN, same old shit different day.

There is another side to this, and if anyone was there on here they can correct me, as i was not but this information comes from my son who was close to the inident.

He claims that the guy who threw it was in fact nothing to do with it, the idiot who brought it into the ground and let it off basically dropped in on the floor, obviously away from himself, and it fell at the feet of the guy who threw it, he just threw it away to get rid of it and it hit the Lino! How true all that is i cannot verify, but also the guy who set it off was part of this new 1882 crowd who claim they want to bring the atsmosphere back to the lane!! Of course this is all heresay and opinion, but if true then 1882 may as well fuck off now and do us all a favour!!

Whatever the circumsatance it again brings our club into question paticularly at a time when we are fighting all being called racist, could do without it!!