Spurs Web
CJW1968

AVB out NOW! Enough is enough

Enough is enough. Nine goals from eleven games, and many of those dodgy penalties, is simply not good enough. We have mixed emotions by nicking games 1-0 by boring the pants off the crowd. Now we are not even getting the obligatory debatable penalties, we will continue to sink. Forget the top four, we have no chance now but give us back our Tottenham. Our entertaining, attacking and watchable team. Come back Harry. Or Martin and Chris. But get this clown out now - Always Very Boring.

Our fans call out managers for not learning from their mistakes, while in the same breath calling for another quick managerial change - a tactic which Spurs has employed for twenty five years and won basically sod all with.

Double standard?

Would rather stick with a manager for once.

My honest opinion! We aren't creating chances for a striker to score. This is the most boring we have been to watch since the days of George Graham. Yawn, yawn. He's from the Mourinho Chelsea school of winning every game 1-0 in a dull way. We want more than that. And this man won't give us it. The writing was on the wall last season - Bale single handedly elevated us to fifth place - and got a mediocre team out of jail. Now look at the stats. Even a winning AVB team is not what we want - we need it with style and to make the game what it should be.

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

And what has that won us? 

We currently have the most talented squad we have EVER had! And with that, we cannot muster up a system or a side that can create chances to put the ball in the back of the net. Glenn Hoddle would, for one. So would Harry Redknapp. But my choice would be to bring back Martin Jol and Chris Hughton. They aren't wanted by their clubs but would come back like a shot - and turn things round instantly.

Turkish - re read the quote. The game isn't about winning, or winning trophies. But entertaining, that is our DNA and why every game has been a sell-put during trophy-less years. At the moment it is dull, dreary and boring to watch. Enough is enough!

The way we are playing and losing to teams that we should be beating, we will be very lucky to finish in the top six, let alone top four. AVB does not seem to learn from his mistakes and that is worrying. We are playing boring and ineffective football.and that can only lead to one conclusion another under performed season. 

Not at all - they got us to three 5th placed finishes without anywhere near as talented a squad as we have now. Without Bale's points last season, AVB's side would have finished around 10th.

Yeah mate but you must be forgetting how the fans knew MJ was sacked at half time before MJ knew,that's well wrong and I wouldn't imagine MJ will ever forget that.

You know when a manager needs a chance? When the team plays real football but the results are against him.

In this case? We don't play anything, we won soooo many games because of penalties, we play slow and shit football.

Southampton, Everton have average players but look where they are with a real coach!

As the topic said, enough is enough.

I want to see us playing beautiful, as we did under Jol or Harry.

AVB out.

I also remember when AVB was sacked by Chelsea. Many said that old faces were against him and they made a group against him.

But many real cheslea fans said that they were slow and the players lost desire to play.

Today I remember these words and yes, Chelsea were right to sack him.

He never ever understanded English football. Not flexible, never having a plan B, slow moving of the ball.

Enough is enough. Nine goals from eleven games, and many of those dodgy penalties, is simply not good enough. We have mixed emotions by nicking games 1-0 by boring the pants off the crowd. Now we are not even getting the obligatory debatable penalties, we will continue to sink. Forget the top four, we have no chance now but give us back our Tottenham. Our entertaining, attacking and watchable team. Come back Harry. Or Martin and Chris. But get this clown out now - Always Very Boring.

Martin who? Chivers? hahah

We currently have the most talented squad we have EVER had! And with that, we cannot muster up a system or a side that can create chances to put the ball in the back of the net. Glenn Hoddle would, for one. So would Harry Redknapp. But my choice would be to bring back Martin Jol and Chris Hughton. They aren't wanted by their clubs but would come back like a shot - and turn things round instantly.

I looked at your first post and thought- Fuck off! I then looked at your next posts and thought-who is this bloke! Then you said, Martin Jol, Chris Houghton, oh yeh they are really setting the Premiership on fire, Redknapp? Been there, done that!

I have now decided-Fuck off and crawl back under your rock!

You guys are WAY more qualified to speak of this then I am.

With that said, I can't help but thinking that we(AVB) are trying to

"Fit a square peg in a round hole"! Is it AVB's tactics not meshing with

the personnel that was brought in? I know it takes a while for 7 new

players to learn a new system/league, but I would have thought by now....