Spurs Web
CJW1968

AVB out NOW! Enough is enough

It's about time he made some rational decisions.

As much as we hate Ade, he does have the ability and fits the lone striker role the best of the strikers we have.

He should be involved in the EL games and CC.

He needs to play players that are going to do a job for the team. There is no place for sentimentality. Sandro must play. Friedel is past it, Gomes is no.2

Lamela is playing well, Lennon provides good width. Let's go back to basics, square pegs in square holes.

For me Martinez or Laudrup would be better options.

AVB will never change his style. He didn't do it at Cheslea and he will do the same as Spurs.

He is not good for England.

Everybody has poor games, but we played crap football all the games this season!

Why do you believe that things will change?

Why are you naming managers that would never leave their club for at least the whole of this season? What's the point? As you are there, why don't you name Pochettino as well? Are you keeping that name for next season, when you will want MArtinez ato be sacked? It seems to me that this is your attitude

I believe that things will change because they are already changing. From the first game to today's game I have seen improvements, even if they are slow. However, I think that today AVB has made a few mistakes, and in general he is keeping playing iun a eway that n this moment is not the best ofr us (it can be in the future, but we need Rose back and Lamela in the squad)

It's about time he made some rational decisions.

As much as we hate Ade, he does have the ability and fits the lone striker role the best of the strikers we have.

He should be involved in the EL games and CC.

He needs to play players that are going to do a job for the team. There is no place for sentimentality. Sandro must play. Friedel is past it, Gomes is no.2

Lamela is playing well, Lennon provides good width. Let's go back to basics, square pegs in square holes.

Totally agree, and it should always be like that.

No way do I want to see any managerial change any time soon, I want to cut the guy some slack, and see him do well for us.

Ironic, I thought today we created more chances than we have all season, but for an outstanding performance from Krul we would have won easily, and this wouldn't have been a thread topic.

Having said that he's gonna need to start mixing it up a bit, Lamela should've played today for sure, I'd like to see him and Soldado together,

No way do I want to see any managerial change any time soon, I want to cut the guy some slack, and see him do well for us.

Ironic, I thought today we created more chances than we have all season, but for an outstanding performance from Krul we would have won easily, and this wouldn't have been a thread topic.

Having said that he's gonna need to start mixing it up a bit, Lamela should've played today for sure, I'd like to see him and Soldado together,

Don't get me wrong the results are awful, the form is shite, but don't give up on avb!!! When u actually think about it was only the keeper kept them in it? We could of won by 4/5! Roll on next game nd start netting some! Get behind our spurs ! One desision avb needs to stick with Is sandro, honestly I think he's key in our midfield, dembele is dogshit average midfielder...

We currently have the most talented squad we have EVER had! And with that, we cannot muster up a system or a side that can create chances to put the ball in the back of the net. Glenn Hoddle would, for one. So would Harry Redknapp. But my choice would be to bring back Martin Jol and Chris Hughton. They aren't wanted by their clubs but would come back like a shot - and turn things round instantly.

Martin Jol and Chris Hughton would be a massive backwards step.Glenn Hoddle's era as manager was mostly terrible and Harry Redknapp's achievements at Spurs don't quite match up to what his ego says they did.

All Spurs managers over the last 30 years have been flawed in some way or they wouldn't have become ex-Tottenham managers.

Even David Pleat's famous 4-5-1 formation during the 86/87 season didn't actually happen until mid-November and up until that point we were hit and miss,but we still managed to finish third that year.

AVB and his players are all adults and they should simply put their heads together and agree on a system that they all feel comfortable with.I doubt that AVB would be stubborn enough to ignore a request for a change of tactics if the majority of the first team squad wanted it.

Changing our manager every two or three years is a guarantee of no progression.

Why are you naming managers that would never leave their club for at least the whole of this season? What's the point? As you are there, why don't you name Pochettino as well? Are you keeping that name for next season, when you will want MArtinez ato be sacked? It seems to me that this is your attitude

I believe that things will change because they are already changing. From the first game to today's game I have seen improvements, even if they are slow. However, I think that today AVB has made a few mistakes, and in general he is keeping playing iun a eway that n this moment is not the best ofr us (it can be in the future, but we need Rose back and Lamela in the squad)

Martinez will not leave Everton, true. But Laudrup would do it.

Nothing will change in AVB's style. We will wait for everybody to be convinced about that, then in January when we'll be on 12th, the decision will be finally made to sack him.

The boy didn't understand English football and more than that, he made us to forget about Spurs attacking sprit.

I want our Spurs back.

Nothing will change in AVB's style. We will wait for everybody to be convinced about that, then in January when we'll be on 12th, the decision will be finally made to sack him.

The boy didn't understand English football and more than that, he made us to forget about Spurs attacking sprit.

I want our Spurs back.

Mate,you have to be a bit careful,it's starting to sound like you hope/want us to fail,just so you can say "I told you so" and where will that get us?At the end of the day,we all,including me,had a rant during the match,but seriously,calling for AVB to be sacked, it's fucking mental,starting all over again,the players having to learn whole new systems,what the fuck do you think that will achieve???

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

I prefer football as it used to be but Spurs fans endlessly churning out that Danny Blanchflower quote simply achieves nothing.

The game that Blanchflower played is a world away from the game as it is now.

The "Tottenham way" is a myth and most of our cup final wins have been scrappy affairs but they still go on the honours list.

The "Tottenham way" has seen us become a more successful version of West Ham and yet pales in comparison to Arsenal's honours list and they were the most notoriously boring team in history up until Wenger became their manager.

In my lifetime I want to see Spurs win the league and I don't care about the quality of football that is employed to achieve that.The fact that we still haven't won as many league titles as somebody like Huddersfield Town bothers me a hell of a lot more.

We need things to change quickly. Yes it will take time for seven new players to gel - but how long do you give it before we score another goal from open play? The season is long enough now to assess where we are going and things have to be addressed, which they are clearly not. Two defeats to the Mank clubs - with another two goalless games is on the cards - we know it is going to happen. It's not a question of 'I told you so' - if we know what it going to happen, then we can be positive and so things about it NOW! Things have to change. (1) we need an entertaining style and (2) we have to score!

We need things to change quickly. Yes it will take time for seven new players to gel - but how long do you give it before we score another goal from open play? The season is long enough now to assess where we are going and things have to be addressed, which they are clearly not. Two defeats to the Mank clubs - with another two goalless games is on the cards - we know it is going to happen. It's not a question of 'I told you so' - if we know what it going to happen, then we can be positive and so things about it NOW! Things have to change. (1) we need an entertaining style and (2) we have to score!

And you honestly think by sacking AVB now will make us better???

The 'Tottenham Way' is hardly a myth. In our only Champions League campaign of 2010-11 we were a breath of fresh air to that competition! Every game was stylish, exciting and bail-biting ... Unlike the predictable procession it was before and since with other clubs. 4-0 down at Inter and lose 4-3; 3-0 down in the qualifier and still get through. That was the Spurs way and it was only three years ago. We scored more goals in that CL campaign than anyone else - yes and conceded more too - but that is hard evidence of the Spurs Way. It is intrinsic in our heritage and cannot be dismissed as a myth which such hard evidence. I want our Tottenham back.

I want our Spurs back.

I want our Spurs forward

The 'Tottenham Way' is hardly a myth. In our only Champions League campaign of 2010-11 we were a breath of fresh air to that competition! Every game was stylish, exciting and bail-biting ... Unlike the predictable procession it was before and since with other clubs. 4-0 down at Inter and lose 4-3; 3-0 down in the qualifier and still get through. That was the Spurs way and it was only three years ago. We scored more goals in that CL campaign than anyone else - yes and conceded more too - but that is hard evidence of the Spurs Way. It is intrinsic in our heritage and cannot be dismissed as a myth which such hard evidence. I want our Tottenham back.

So losing games 4-3 and 3-2 is what you want to go back to?.

The Spurs way didn't do us any favours against Real Madrid did it?.

Something has to change and we have to realise that AVB is from the Mourinho school. I'd rather eat my own waste than see Spurs turned into the Chelsea of 2005-6. Score a goal in the first half, and then defend it for the rest of the match. Yes they won trophies but, my God, it was so boring. And that is the holy grail that AVB is trying to get us to. Empty seats at Champions League matches because it is all about getting the 1-0 result and to hell with the style of play.

Mate I suggest you go to your nearest Sunday league team over the park if you want to see gun ho football and brainless tactics, I'd just like to watch a spurs game were I'm not shitting myself for 90 mins because were so fragile, of which when I watch spurs this season I don't fear us conceding every time the opposition get the ball.

Something has to change and we have to realise that AVB is from the Mourinho school. I'd rather eat my own waste than see Spurs turned into the Chelsea of 2005-6. Score a goal in the first half, and then defend it for the rest of the match. Yes they won trophies but, my God, it was so boring. And that is the holy grail that AVB is trying to get us to. Empty seats at Champions League matches because it is all about getting the 1-0 result and to hell with the style of play.

The holy grail of the Premiership is actually winning it and a team like us that hasn't won the league for 52 years cannot criticise a team that won the Premiership with an unexciting brand of football,even though it is the hated Chelsea.

Well we're a greedy bunch and we demand both - winning and an entertaining style. I'm afraid we are getting neither; with just six goals from open play in 11 league games. That is embarrassing and we are bound to break our league record for the fewest goals in a Premier League season.

There's no reason to believe that we can't win trophies playing attractive football. But attractive football comes with good players. Good players come with money. Money comes with winning trophies. Consistently.

Our CL campaign was fantastic; we got knocked out at the quarter finals, we gradually lost our best players and we are still where we were before. Not good enough. we dare because we want to do.

Everyone gets pissed off when we lose, especially when it is at home and in a game we thought we would win.

We were unlucky today, although I agree that changes have to be made. I think the fix should not be too difficult - Lamela on the left and Lennon the right and maybe try Adebayor alongside Soldado.