Spurs Web
SurreySpur

Adebayor treatment

Does anyone else feel that the treatment of Adebayor is a little too much. I don't know what he's done to deserve being frozen out to quite this extent. We're desperate for someone to score goals and his physical presence would surely be an asset in this side as he is capable of bringing others into play. Whether it's playing alongside Soldado or as a sub to replace him when we need something different.

On returning from compassionate leave following the sudden death of his brother he was forced to train with the kids to keep him away from the first team. I understand that the club want to force him out in January to get him off the wage bill but I feel his treatment has been pretty awful at times. No doubt he has an attitude problem and has the potential to become a bad influence on the squad but surely he could be useful right now. A happy, confident Adebayor is a real asset.

I don't think AVB has handled this situation very well at all. 

I feel for the guy for losing his brother but I think for me the issue is the acon debacle. We had no striker his tournament finished early and he was still late leaving us without any option up front when he knew how desperate we were and how much we needed him. He sealed his fate that moment and now avb doesn't need him he can have his revenge for that moment imo. Not to mention the half hearted (if they were even that) performances he gave us when he came back,you know when we was saying he had to redeem himself for fucking us up but he still couldn't be fucked. In his personal life I don't wish bad on him but from a tottenham point of view he's a cunt.

Well said Turkish & Smudger!

Body language says a lot for mee too, oh and 4 PL goals for a season!

No commitment, lazy and been sulking since Harry left!

Like Turkish says, what's going on behind closed doors? Is he puting the hours in on the training ground to get back in, does he wanna help the team? These are the things AVB I think is assessing!

Also think that's why he won't go with 2 up top, Saldado or Defoe get injured (god forbid) then he has no choice to put Ade in!

Well said Turkish & Smudger!

Body language says a lot for mee too, oh and 4 PL goals for a season!

No commitment, lazy and been sulking since Harry left!

Like Turkish says, what's going on behind closed doors? Is he puting the hours in on the training ground to get back in, does he wanna help the team? These are the things AVB I think is assessing!

Also think that's why he won't go with 2 up top, Saldado or Defoe get injured (god forbid) then he has no choice to put Ade in!

Would rather give Kane a go personally.

I think I would mate, think it's a sign when played against Sheriff. Kane on as a sub, Ade not even on the bench!

Personally I've always liked Kane I just see something in him and I think he'll mature into a fine player. Plus you'll always get everything from one of your own that gives a fuck about playing for spurs.

Blokes a teacher, only turns up for 9 months. 

When we signed him he was unfit and needed a special fitness program because he decided to lounge about during the summer.

Offered nothing last season.

Was a pain off the field with Benny.

Apparently his brother died so took 3 months off work. mmmmm Robbie Keane lost his Dad and scored a hattrick the next day against Everton for us. Parker whilst playing for West Ham lost his dad, next game he won motm against us at the Lane.

Oh and when he lost his brother the bloke was posting pictures of himself smoking some Moroccan pipe.

He only cares about money, wasted his talent and one day he'll realise what a mistake he's made.

I think personally we need him more at the moment. I dont like Ades attitude anymore than anyone else but I dont see Kane as a viable option yet. Against the smaller teams I think we have to play 2 up top. Defoe and Soldado wont work. Ade and Soldado....... erm who knows may lead to more chances for Solly even if he doesnt score himself. Lets face it playing Ade cant lead to us scoring less goals than we currently are.

Sometimes we forget we have a guy here whos scored goals for Arsenal Man City Madrid and ourselves is there nothing left in him? The man can score goals. We seriously lack power up front and he offers that. I think it takes an even better manager to get something out of a player like that.

Hes got away with acting like this in the past because he has always known there will be a big club round the corner for him The man is 30 early next year. He wont get a bigger club than ourselves in his career again. Maybe someone needs to remind him that what he has right now is possibly his one last shot at getting to the big time (champs league next year). Or would he prefer to sulk get shipped off to an eastern European team and be remembered as the guy who had a couple of good Prem seasons but was generally just hard to work with. If nobody has said this to him maybe they should?

Ade seems to be a joker/messer and these types of players will not wash with AVB. Does anyone really know what the guy is like??? I can only comment on what he would appear to be like (media info)as I don't know him personally. THe one thing I do know is that his fellow teammates definitely rate him and always talk highly of him and his ability.

I don't really buy into this body language crap because they always mentioned this about Berbatov (still do). It's BOLLOX and anyone who watched Berbs for more than the brief clip Hansen and co would show you on a Saturday night know what I mean. Zlatan !!!! Nah dont' wnat him his body language is awful....

Last season was a horror one really for Ade which people are quick to point out but what abou this stats for the season before that????

I'm not sure he's right for Spurs but he could definitely be of benefit to the current setup... As could BAE especially with Rose being out and our "inverted wingers" but his persona is not one which our manager likes.

Ha Ha Ha... Like it Turkish, spot on mate!

On his loan season to us, I had it from a citeh fan say "good luck if you give him a contract" how fucking right he was!

Soon as someone of his attitude signs a 100, 000K + a week they don't give a fuck!

Should'a stuck him on the "Owen" contract (Michael & Hargreaves) pay as you play business! ;)

Yesterday, while thinking about a possible line up for the City game I had this (quite desperate) idea of trying him, in a game that - if he was committed - could be good for him.

Ironically, an hour later i was reading some comments to a blog, and a guy was saying that Ade has publicly bad mouthed AVB anm the club during the trip to Hong Kong, and from that moment he's lost any chance in the club.

Ok, it can be total bullshit, but probably it isn't. I have always said that he had one way only to get any trust back, and he doesn't seem to have changed at all, so for me that's it. Thrash the scumbag . End of the story.

In any case, I agree with the comments on Kane: a guy that certainly has shown commitment and potential, and deserves a serious chance, whether this year in the first team or on loan we'll see.

Look ade is extremely talented could be our best striker but he never will be as he is mentally flawed. If he was a manager in a company or shelf stacker and he put in the effort there that he gave on the pitch for us last year he'd be sacked.

That's exactly it! That's why last season gets highlighted!

The season before last was a completely different manager for 1 & he was looking at (a) us or (b) a club in Europe who would pay 100K + week for that service. Sadly when pen met paper on that contract with a different manager that was game over!

All the shit he was at the scum, Real Madrid & Citeh, why didnt he stay with any of 'em?

You know its easy to have a guy get marked as a "bad seed" by the media. If I hear or see things said and done then I can make valid judgements on whether they are correct and true. Joey Barton comes to mind. Then you have the guys like Tevez, Adebayor and Berbatov. For me, all very talented and incredible strikers. All three having problems getting playing time at City, Spurs and United and the media creates reasons for this because if talented players don't get to play they must be lazy, or must be mucking about with team chemistry, or must be this or must be that. Ask yourself if Juan Mata is a problem? Is that why Moronho doesn't rate him? Maybe AVB just doesn't rate Adebayor. I tend to put more weight on what the other players say and I've yet to hear a poorly spoken word about Adebayor from his mates at Spurs. Fuck the media. They are just looking for sensationalism anyway.

Adebayor is a human and deserves a chance. If he messes it up fine. But give him a chance and make it clear it's the last one. Life is too short to give up on people.

I reckon many here are quicker to condemn him because he was a gooner. Give him an opportunity. Now if there are those of you that actually know facts about why he isn't playing then that's different. And by that I don't mean he has played poorly last year. By that reasoning half the squad would be frozen out this year!

PS losing a brother is far different than losing a parent. We all expect to lose a parent as it's the natural path of life. A sibling not so much.

fuck him how many last chances you wanna give the dickshit, I don't need any media to tell me, he has under performed for my team too many times, I seen it myself with my own two eyes and I got my own brain, he's a liability and at a price too. Theres no reason for his many inept performances and poor attitude in matches, I don't expect players to perform 100 % every match, of course they'll have better and worse days same as we all do, but his performances were a joke.

So based on this year we can let go of Defoe and Soldado, Naughton, Lennon, Lamela, Friedel, Eriksen and Walker because they have all had shit performances by me..lazy shit and uninspired..I disagree with that mentality 100%. Just because you perceive Adebayor was lazy so what! Maybe he genuinely is/has having problems dealing with the loss of his brother. It's too easy to forget that these players have real problems and pressures just like us and these things effect our performance and state of mind. Just because they don't have money stress does not make them immune and able to cope with the issues they are facing in their personal lives.

I suggest its because many here dislike him he is condemned, not disliked because of performances. Under Harry he was brilliant and 80% of the posters on here wanted him out. Sorry but looking at the situation objectively is not an option for many of you. That's my opinion.

I don't really give a fuck about him but for me he could be helping spurs win and for that alone he deserves a chance and Spurs need to do what's best for Spurs. Winning is what's best for Spurs.

Alonso, with respect I think you need a reality check , Ade is poor 90% of games , the ones you mentioned at least try, at least give it more than 60% a match , seriously an ice hockey player wouldn't get away with the effort Ade puts in , so he deserves a chance more than Kane, more than one of the kids , why , he doesn't do the business when he was picked, not really , so what is there to suggest he will this time, I want people who want to wear the shirt, not just pocket the wages , Ades a shit hole , he has history to back that up , he uses any excuse going as a reason to under perform, the Angola thing was running thin, so he uses his brother , fuck him , I lost my sister (many years ago now, actually the evening England beat Cameroon in World Cup Italia 01/07/90) , and worked the whole next week , granted everyones different but ffs he's got previous of being a lazy shit