Spurs Web
SurreySpur

Adebayor treatment

It's not about giving him a chance.

IMO its about using what is available to you. At the moment Soldo, Defoe and Kane arent cutting it.

Is AVB daft by not using the tools available to him, which at the moment is making him look bad. Some calling for his head.

or

Is AVB clever by not including a trouble-maker?

He isnt a good man-manager by the sounds of things, but he needs everyone on board and use what is available to him now.

Does anyone else feel that the treatment of Adebayor is a little too much. I don't know what he's done to deserve being frozen out to quite this extent. We're desperate for someone to score goals and his physical presence would surely be an asset in this side as he is capable of bringing others into play. Whether it's playing alongside Soldado or as a sub to replace him when we need something different.

On returning from compassionate leave following the sudden death of his brother he was forced to train with the kids to keep him away from the first team. I understand that the club want to force him out in January to get him off the wage bill but I feel his treatment has been pretty awful at times. No doubt he has an attitude problem and has the potential to become a bad influence on the squad but surely he could be useful right now. A happy, confident Adebayor is a real asset.

I don't think AVB has handled this situation very well at all. 

The trouble is we don't really know what is going on behind the scenes. All we've got is speculation. Personally I think it is six of one and half a dozen of the other. AVB is no fool and I am sure that he will use him if he feels he needs to.

Ha Ha Ha... Like it Turkish, spot on mate!

On his loan season to us, I had it from a citeh fan say "good luck if you give him a contract" how fucking right he was!

Soon as someone of his attitude signs a 100, 000K + a week they don't give a fuck!

Should'a stuck him on the "Owen" contract (Michael & Hargreaves) pay as you play business! ;)

Lol the 'Owen' contract!

My point is simple, and I think it concurs with Deadley,  if Soldado and Defoe were doing the business then I could care less if I ever saw Adebayor in Lillywhite again.  But combined they have 1 goal from open play in the PL to date.  Now we can blame the Manager, the other players, the weather, whatever the fuck we like, but the fact is there is no excuse for this return.  So, since our strikers are not scoring I don't see why we are not trying another alternative!  I don't care if its Lamela, Capoue or even Lloris that gets a chance but for me it would make more sense to give Adebayor the shot as he is a striker and we are paying his wages.  I do not profess to know what he does in training, in the dressing room or anywhere else but I do not see that his previous performances have been bad enough to not warrant a try.  This is again all based upon the situation we find ourselves with the strikers we are using now…one solitary goal in ELEVEN games.

Was thinking about what pardrew said about the europa cup messing with the training which actually makes a lot of sense, just imagine how disjointed the messages must me swapping tactics from one game to another with selected players for this one and that and travelling days can't help with an unsettled team...

Anyway ades a cunt, complete cunt 200% cunt and don't believe a word out his mouth, as for the players really like him? Errr there not likely to slag him off in public interviews?? And for the brother things didn't Defoe lose and brother and sister/ cousin think the kids lost someone close every year??

.........but the only thing I care about is us and as pointed out we are crying out for someone of ade abilities, him on form would pull us together but he needs game time and that will give us a more realistic view of where his at in his career.....

If he plays great and scores shit loads absolutely smashing then I'd wait to the end of the season and break the cunts legs and spit in his face.cunt

Good shout Shelfside, simplifying the matter!

Personally I'd rather have option 2, I think that's the way it's gotta be heading in after the Geordies!

If it is option 1 then let's hope and I MEAN HOPE that Ade can bring something to the team!

First of all I should mention I once met your avatar (trigger) in the Bell and Hair before a game. Nice bloke and a Spurs supporter.

Anyway, is our treatment of Ade a bit harsh, ummmm, no he's crap

Does anyone else feel that the treatment of Adebayor is a little too much. I don't know what he's done to deserve being frozen out to quite this extent. We're desperate for someone to score goals and his physical presence would surely be an asset in this side as he is capable of bringing others into play. Whether it's playing alongside Soldado or as a sub to replace him when we need something different.

On returning from compassionate leave following the sudden death of his brother he was forced to train with the kids to keep him away from the first team. I understand that the club want to force him out in January to get him off the wage bill but I feel his treatment has been pretty awful at times. No doubt he has an attitude problem and has the potential to become a bad influence on the squad but surely he could be useful right now. A happy, confident Adebayor is a real asset.

I don't think AVB has handled this situation very well at all. 

Palacios only missed one game when he lost his brother. Defoe loses a relative every other week and still plays. Where I work we are not even given a paid day off for a funeral of a loved one. Ade had three months before he bothered to return. He is a cancer where ever he goes, and I have no idea why Levy gave him a contract

I feel for the guy for losing his brother but I think for me the issue is the acon debacle. We had no striker his tournament finished early and he was still late leaving us without any option up front when he knew how desperate we were and how much we needed him. He sealed his fate that moment and now avb doesn't need him he can have his revenge for that moment imo. Not to mention the half hearted (if they were even that) performances he gave us when he came back,you know when we was saying he had to redeem himself for fucking us up but he still couldn't be fucked. In his personal life I don't wish bad on him but from a tottenham point of view he's a cunt.