Spurs Web
CJW1968

So. New Manager for Next Week? Or give AVB one last game?

I think what is holding AVB back is AVB. Like said before if we win and score a few goals it can turn on it's head. 4 points off second but another couple of defeats could see us 7-8 points off the top four in a couple of weeks. Man u are there for taking as are fulham on the Wednesday.

I agree mate,I said a while ago that AVB seems to be setting us up not to lose,instead of setting us up to win,which we are so capable of,I don't know what he's thinking by doing this but I hope today was the kick up the arse he needs.

What is annoying is the joy us getting thrashed 6-0 has obviously brought a lot of the idiots on here. Hugo lost the game for us setting the tone in the first 5 mins putting us 1 down. You cant gift a team of cities quality like that. Sergio Jesus Nasri and co played fairly worldie games and most teams would have struggled to contain them.

Yes I am very upset about losing 6-0 and did not enjoy a minute of it but today sums up the mindset of the modern football fan. Always looking for a quick fix depending on the result of the day. Anyone who can't see AVB is one of the best mangers around doesn't know the game very well. No lets do it lets sack one of the managers with the best potential around and let him go succeed somewhere else. In fact lets just hire managers on 6 month contracts from now until it miraculously comes good. No patience in the game anymore mainly the medias fault but people are stupid enough to buy into it. The amount of manager sackings and player transfers brought about by media pressure in the last 5 years is ridiculous.

"ANYONE WHO CAN'T SEE THAT AVB IS ONE OF THE BEST MANAGERS AROUND DOESN'T KNOW THE GAME VERY WELL? " and you have the cheek to say that there are a load of idiots posting tonight? That line is the most idiotic line that I have read on this entire website! What on Earth gives you that opinion? What on Earth has he done for us? Please enlighten me? Last season's lofty fifth place finish was solely down to Bale, else we would've finished in the bottom half!

"ANYONE WHO CAN'T SEE THAT AVB IS ONE OF THE BEST MANAGERS AROUND DOESN'T KNOW THE GAME VERY WELL? " and you have the cheek to say that there are a load of idiots posting tonight? That line is the most idiotic line that I have read on this entire website! What on Earth gives you that opinion? What on Earth has he done for us? Please enlighten me? Last season's lofty fifth place finish was solely down to Bale, else we would've finished in the bottom half!

Back up your post,who said that,and more specifically when?

After results like today it is easy to criticise, get rid of the manager, change the team, only play in white, sack the kit man!! Blah blah blah!!!! The way i see it at the moment is this, there is more than likely a good few spurs fans who are not happy with AVB, as there were the same who were not happy with previous managers. And at the same time there are a good few who want to stick with AVB, and if like me, the main reason for this is, i am sick of changing the manager, and i desperately want AVB to succeed, not because I think he is the second special one, or anything like that, but because if he is successful then Spurs are successful, which is what we all want?

After the West Ham game, i was that pissed off i would have gladly given up my ST there and then, and since then it hasn't got any better with todays result hopefully being the one that makes all concerned, coaching and playing staff realise they have to change it around, and it may change or it may not, the next few weeks will define that. But i am still not sure the answer is to get rid of AVB?

He is a young manager, we have a young team, of supposedly quality(?) and only time will tell whether they will get it right, and as is the problem with the prem at the moment time is in short supply!

I see some are suggesting Laudrup, why? Because swansea play attractive football, great, but will that make us any better? I dont see Swansea being in the top four, as i dont see Southampton being in top four either, come the end of the season!! So are they better managers than we already have? Who knows, only time would tell! But hold on a minute???? Sorry already been there, and this is the problem of getting rid of your manager, back to square one!! I for one say support AVB and the team... For now....

No he has had long enough and the problems and not being addressed. Did you see his press conference tonight? It's over. He has no ideas left. He is a beaten crestfallen man. Yes he may have potential in the future. But it ain't working here. It's clear to see. This isn't no youth training scheme job. This is it - the real hot seat and he has spunked £100m of our clubs money that could've gone to better things. He needs to move on NOW so that this season can be salvaged. It is now 381 minutes since we last scored a league goal for Christ's Sake!

At this rate, scoring another goal which will enable us to get another point which may enable us to get enough to stay in the Premier League. We are sinking and the only man that can change things does not know how to. And is why he must go. Nice man, don't get me wrong. But he is put of his depth now, he is clueless to right the wrongs.

Blimey mate your expectations are low. Your goal in life is to finish above the Pikys, whilst mine is to win the prem. Although due to lack of ambition from the chairman, we have had a net spend of zero over the last three years, I would still expect that after signing 7 players, 2 of which were record signings, we may be looking at least half decent. Well, we are now 9th with Man Ure and Liverpool to play before Christmas. If you can't see the Ramos ending approaching soon, you must be quite naive

I said that we are a more successful West Ham.That is where playing "entertaining" football has got us.

Bearing in mind that we have only won the league title twice,the last being 52 years ago and the last serious attempt to win it being 1985,it is clear that we are simply not a title winning club.Even if we did win the title with AVB,you would moan and say that we were the most boring title winning side ever.

I never liked Redknapp before he was our manager and I didn't like him when he was our manager but our manager he became and I had no choice but to support him and hope that he could manage us to the best of his capabilities.I didn't think "I don't like him,so I hope we lose every game so he'll get sacked" in the way that you clearly do with AVB.

Oh and I would say naivity is continually writing letters to the Chairman when not one of your previous letters has had any sort of acknowledgement or reply from the club.

We must trust AVB. He's a talented manager who knows the game. Forget the hype being generated by the press and the scum down the road. We spent £100m? So what, we recouped almost all of that in transfers out and I hear we may well be in for a modest windfall from Cardiff if they stay up. We have almost a whole new team, they need to gel and the manager needs to get his right team sorted. We need two up front, but which two or do we bring another in? Who? 6-0 is a right stuffing, but do we as real fans have the balls to stay the course.? Do we still believe in " the project"? I do...

We should pay 25mil in Jan. for Christian Beneteke!!

No he has had long enough and the problems and not being addressed. Did you see his press conference tonight? It's over. He has no ideas left. He is a beaten crestfallen man. Yes he may have potential in the future. But it ain't working here. It's clear to see. This isn't no youth training scheme job. This is it - the real hot seat and he has spunked £100m of our clubs money that could've gone to better things. He needs to move on NOW so that this season can be salvaged. It is now 381 minutes since we last scored a league goal for Christ's Sake!

unfair to judge him on a press conference after that dredging...he was correct in all he said and understandably gutted and dejected. I would have been more worried if he wasn't low.

Shocking defeat but avb has put together a whole new team. At the end of last season he was being touted for PSG and the big money teams. We all applauded him for staying when alot of managers would have been on their bikes with offers such as these. Let's afford him the same courtesy he gave us and give him more time. I was disappointed with him saying about bouncing back against tromso though, stuff that game and tell the players to get fired up for United! I recon we judge him at the end of the season! We will NOT be anywhere near relegation and even with a new manager we aren't getting champs league imo so see if he learns from mistakes he's made thus far and if he fails then look round for someone else! Maybe a season not getting in europa would help us out anyway, it's no coincidence that Liverpool aren't in Europe and are doing so well this season so we have nothing to lose

Great post, 100% agreed.

Do you remember last season when a lot of people said that without Bale, we would have finished on 10th?

Well, here we are!

I'm not saying that AVB is completely crap, but this muppet didn't understand how to play in this championship.

He would be good in Italy.