Spurs Web
CJW1968

So. New Manager for Next Week? Or give AVB one last game?

What is annoying is the joy us getting thrashed 6-0 has obviously brought a lot of the idiots on here. Hugo lost the game for us setting the tone in the first 5 mins putting us 1 down. You cant gift a team of cities quality like that. Sergio Jesus Nasri and co played fairly worldie games and most teams would have struggled to contain them.

Yes I am very upset about losing 6-0 and did not enjoy a minute of it but today sums up the mindset of the modern football fan. Always looking for a quick fix depending on the result of the day. Anyone who can't see AVB is one of the best mangers around doesn't know the game very well. No lets do it lets sack one of the managers with the best potential around and let him go succeed somewhere else. In fact lets just hire managers on 6 month contracts from now until it miraculously comes good. No patience in the game anymore mainly the medias fault but people are stupid enough to buy into it. The amount of manager sackings and player transfers brought about by media pressure in the last 5 years is ridiculous.

Great post, Bales

I am not sure AVB has still got a grip on the situation, but I want to find that out, not try a quick fix that would work only in the short term. If AVB will not fix this situation, I'll be the first to ask for a change, but to me it's not time yet, far from it.

Losing 19-0 or 1-0 still means the same in terms of points. What we need to see is improvements and changes of things that are not working.

A few weeks ago we were raving about the side and AVB. Yes today was shit. Yes our performances of late have been crap but we can suck it up, get behind the team and manager and support them or we can do like the ARSEnal ..

AVB you've got to sort this out. You have time, but not limitless time mind. Cut the inverted winger strategy. Get your best team sorted, take some hard decisions and move on. But do it quickly...

Welcome to the forum, mate!

I said that we are a more successful West Ham.That is where playing "entertaining" football has got us.

Bearing in mind that we have only won the league title twice,the last being 52 years ago and the last serious attempt to win it being 1985,it is clear that we are simply not a title winning club.Even if we did win the title with AVB,you would moan and say that we were the most boring title winning side ever.

I never liked Redknapp before he was our manager and I didn't like him when he was our manager but our manager he became and I had no choice but to support him and hope that he could manage us to the best of his capabilities.I didn't think "I don't like him,so I hope we lose every game so he'll get sacked" in the way that you clearly do with AVB.

Oh and I would say naivity is continually writing letters to the Chairman when not one of your previous letters has had any sort of acknowledgement or reply from the club.

Wow.

How can you possibly not have liked Harry when he ..

a) gave us the best period we've had in the Premier League

b) took us from relegation fodder to the Champions League

c) played the most entertaining football the Prem has seen in recent years

d) gave us some of our most memorable nights in Europe... eg, the Milan matches.

e) and all without spending £100m

But now you're happy with an AVB that can barely get us to score a goal, plays the most boring football I've ever seen as a Spurs fan in 31 years, and hasn't improved

us one iota since he joined over a year ago despite forking out over £100m. 

I don't know what else to say ... your post has stunned me.

Shocking defeat but avb has put together a whole new team. At the end of last season he was being touted for PSG and the big money teams. We all applauded him for staying when alot of managers would have been on their bikes with offers such as these. Let's afford him the same courtesy he gave us and give him more time. I was disappointed with him saying about bouncing back against tromso though, stuff that game and tell the players to get fired up for United! I recon we judge him at the end of the season! We will NOT be anywhere near relegation and even with a new manager we aren't getting champs league imo so see if he learns from mistakes he's made thus far and if he fails then look round for someone else! Maybe a season not getting in europa would help us out anyway, it's no coincidence that Liverpool aren't in Europe and are doing so well this season so we have nothing to lose

post of the day

Shocking defeat but avb has put together a whole new team. At the end of last season he was being touted for PSG and the big money teams. We all applauded him for staying when alot of managers would have been on their bikes with offers such as these. Let's afford him the same courtesy he gave us and give him more time. I was disappointed with him saying about bouncing back against tromso though, stuff that game and tell the players to get fired up for United! I recon we judge him at the end of the season! We will NOT be anywhere near relegation and even with a new manager we aren't getting champs league imo so see if he learns from mistakes he's made thus far and if he fails then look round for someone else! Maybe a season not getting in europa would help us out anyway, it's no coincidence that Liverpool aren't in Europe and are doing so well this season so we have nothing to lose

Yes, good post, Eltham. I have run out of likes!

AVB.... Has got 2 go ..... But chairman has to take some of the blame ?

If we had kept "Arry" we would be in the top 4 ....

Only playing one up front at home ??? And can't score from open play

Time to go !!!!!

you think harry'd be doing better? youre shitting me....

Wow.

d) gave us some of our most memorable nights in Europe... eg, the Milan matches.

But now you're happy with an AVB that can barely get us to score a goal, plays the most boring football I've ever seen as a Spurs fan in 31 years, and hasn't improved

This was posted on Spurs Community by somebody called Mediocrates and it is the perfect summary of Redknapp:

"This is bullshit. He did have the chance to do that, he decided instead to buy Crouch, Parker and William Gallas. We could have had Suarez but he said he was too like Rafa, we could have had Negredo (yes, that guy who just destroyed us) or Huntelaar that summer but he decided on Crouch. Don't sit there and say he didn't get given anu funds, he spunked away a decent chunk on players at Spurs for very little return. Which of 'Arry's signings gained in value at Spurs? Or were progressive signings in any way? Defoe and Keane I don't even need to mention, but Palacios, Bassong, Kranjcar, Parker, Crouch, Pienaar. None of them improved us in anything more than a short term sort of way, and none of them retained value. The only one that bucks the trend is Van der Vaart, and that was a Levy signing if ever I saw one.

He also showed an unbelievable lack of respect for the club by creating an open dialogue with the media in the midst of our potential tilt at the title, on how lovely it would be to be England manager. We lost our focus and imploded, which I struggle to believe wasn't linked to his actions during that final quarter of the season, his pillow kissing session with Jim White. Oh, and he then said on live fucking television that he hadn't been offered a new deal by Levy and was waiting to hear from him. Unprofessional doesn't come close to summing it up The man has his strengths certainly, players play for him and he encourages expression on the football pitch. These are all good things. But he is woefully ill-equipped to manage a top side, and it is rubbish to suggest he wasn't given the opportunity to change that suspicion at Spurs. He blew it".

Mediocrates,I take my hat off to you.

Great post by Mediocrates.

But the fact is that we played great football under him.

AVB wasn't jerk but he can't manage.

We don't have to bring harry back, we need to move FW, with a new face.

Fine, let's wait for 0-3 against man utd and then we'll open the topic again. Maybe more seriously.

Great post by Mediocrates.

But the fact is that we played great football under him.

AVB wasn't jerk but he can't manage.

We don't have to bring harry back, we need to move FW, with a new face.

Fine, let's wait for 0-3 against man utd and then we'll open the topic again. Maybe more seriously.

You are making a big committment here, matey :)

Everybody wants the best for the club.

With or without AVB.

I would like to see AVB having great results, being on 4th in January and making me to be an idiot for hating him.

I am one of those who accept mistakes, Spurs to be in top is the most important thing.

But can you imagine us playing football in the next games? Just a dream under him.

I think he deserves another chance, the new team are still getting used to one another and we still have not found our best possible team!

It is not a case of deserving another chance but now is not the time to judge. Let us wait until the half way stage.

Everybody wants the best for the club.

With or without AVB.

I would like to see AVB having great results, being on 4th in January and making me to be an idiot for hating him.

I am one of those who accept mistakes, Spurs to be in top is the most important thing.

But can you imagine us playing football in the next games? Just a dream under him.

Finally I like a post from you, as for the first time I have the doubt that you don't just hate AVB for the sake of it and because you want attractive football immediately

I want Spurs to do well too, and to be honest  the last thing I want to sound like is somebody who just defends a guy regardless of what he does.

I just think and hope that things can work with AVB, because otherwise we will have to waste another year or two to give another manager enough time (and money!!!) to build up a different team, hoping that it will be successful, with no guarantees.

I still think AVB is intelligent enough to do that, and I think it's not beneficial to anybody to sack him now. I disagree with many things he is doing, and he has something to prove, but I am still giving him full confidence and a chanche to get things sorted.

"ANYONE WHO CAN'T SEE THAT AVB IS ONE OF THE BEST MANAGERS AROUND DOESN'T KNOW THE GAME VERY WELL? " and you have the cheek to say that there are a load of idiots posting tonight? That line is the most idiotic line that I have read on this entire website! What on Earth gives you that opinion? What on Earth has he done for us? Please enlighten me? Last season's lofty fifth place finish was solely down to Bale, else we would've finished in the bottom half!

Lol love this comment very well constructed in its arguement's and the points it makes. Almost too hard to respond to it is so well written and comprehensive in its points. I will give it a go and try to explain what has given me that opinion.....

Worked with the best manager there is in world football to start with his career. Even though they don't get on now cant undervalue that experience. Saved Acamedica from a relegation fight taking over in his first full role as manager. UNDEFEATED SEASON with Porto. A Europa Portugese cup and league TREBLE at the age of 33. Chelsea he was a victim of Ambrovich as many experienced and successful managers have been.

He came to us and was welcomed with the selling of VDV and Modric. Yet he still got us our HIGHEST points total in Premier league history. We sold our best player again this summer. The players we have bought haven't performed this year, in fact most our team hasn't. People dont seem to mention this. He is only 36 and will just keep improving. Maybe take aim at Baldini and Levy as we haven't bought the right players. (I dont know if this was AVBs choice or not). We have bought a striker who can't play on his own in a five man system. We haven't acquired anyone who gives us width on the left. etc etc could go on all day.

You sir are a reactionary band wagon jumping on moron. 3 poor results can happen in anyones career. Lets look at the facts. Everton draw away was a good result. Krul beat us with a worldie against us. Sergio Navas and co would have thrashed most teams yest, the lads played terribly and Lloris had us behind in a min. Never an excuse to lose 6-0. If you can;'t view what AVB has achieved at such a young age, what he manged last season or the potential he has you are not worth this proper response.

Now give me a constructed arguement as to why Laudrup would be a better bet rather than just calling me an idiot and I will see if you can change my mind. 

Lol love this comment very well constructed in its arguement's and the points it makes. Almost too hard to respond to it is so well written and comprehensive in its points. I will give it a go and try to explain what has given me that opinion.....

Worked with the best manager there is in world football to start with his career. Even though they don't get on now cant undervalue that experience. Saved Acamedica from a relegation fight taking over in his first full role as manager. UNDEFEATED SEASON with Porto. A Europa Portugese cup and league TREBLE at the age of 33. Chelsea he was a victim of Ambrovich as many experienced and successful managers have been.

He came to us and was welcomed with the selling of VDV and Modric. Yet he still got us our HIGHEST points total in Premier league history. We sold our best player again this summer. The players we have bought haven't performed this year, in fact most our team hasn't. People dont seem to mention this. He is only 36 and will just keep improving. Maybe take aim at Baldini and Levy as we haven't bought the right players. (I dont know if this was AVBs choice or not). We have bought a striker who can't play on his own in a five man system. We haven't acquired anyone who gives us width on the left. etc etc could go on all day.

You sir are a reactionary band wagon jumping on moron. 3 poor results can happen in anyones career. Lets look at the facts. Everton draw away was a good result. Krul beat us with a worldie against. Sergio Navas and co would have thrashed more teams yest, the lads played terribly and Lloris had us behind in a min. Never an excuse to lose 6-0. If you can;'t view what AVB has achieved at such a young age, what he manged last season or the potential he has you are not worth this proper response.

Now give me a constructed arguement as to why Laudrup would be a better bet rather than just calling me an idiot and I will see if you can change my mind. 

Great post

I know mate, some people just leave you speechless

Wow.

You sir are a reactionary band wagon jumping on moron. 3 poor results can happen in anyones career. Lets look at the facts. Everton draw away was a good result. Krul beat us with a worldie against. Sergio Navas and co would have thrashed more teams yest, the lads played terribly and Lloris had us behind in a min. Never an excuse to lose 6-0. If you can;'t view what AVB has achieved at such a young age, what he manged last season or the potential he has you are not worth this proper response.

Another great post, Bales

You forgot to mention a couple of things about last season: we played the whole season without Kaboul and 2/3 without Sandro, enough said.

I reckon this could be the best thread all season, wonder if we can keep this going right through to end of season?!?!;)

If AVB is going Levy better act quickly, Pulis has been snapped up, Dowie still available and I reckon we may be able to lure Warnock away from Talksport!!! If not maybe Souness might be interested, but these quality managers wont be around for long, time is short!!

Act now Levy!!!!

One other thing (not that this would ever happen!) if Harry Redknapp ever came back i would not set foot inside WHL again, you boys are welcome to him!!