Spurs Web
Coattail Rider

ok dipshits

Heres a thread for the mongs who want a new manager

it goes without saying that your all mentally handicapped - but for a moment let entertain that Levy has a momentary brainfart and sacks him.

WHO do you suggest replaces him.  I want more than one word responses.  WHO and WHY. This is not a thread to bag AVB, but give specifics of who could do a better job. heres a chance for you to show theres more to it than just a mindless 'sack the boss' knee jerk to some poor results

be specific, support your answers...

The thread titles have been really inventive lately :) (not a dig at you coattail).But yeah i like the idea but can we have realistic answers for a manager who will take on a team that's played champions league football once and has just 2 carling cups in 21 years.

I can't honestly think who would take over as manager apart from the top coaches around Europe that we can't get because most are happy and doing great with their clubs, I'm pretty sure we could get Laudrup but is he any better .... NO!

OK - taking this seriously, who could we realistically attract as a manager if AVB was sacked. The first thing to remember is that many top managers would be wary after seeing AVB being treated in such a shabby way. That leaves us with "up and coming" managers or previous failures.. I can't think of too many ... Chris Hughton, Neil Warnock, Neil Lennon.

No thanks !

Theoretically speaking I'd go for Laudrup! (AVB still the 1 for now though)

But this is the trouble, I say Laudrup but ain't no long term thing, as if he is successful with swansea further or (theoretically) Spurs then I still feel he is Madrid or Barca bound as being an ex player and again it's back to square 1!

I think Klopp is destined for the scum after he's Dortmund project is done and dusted, don't know why, just feel it in me bones!

Pep's gonna have at least a further 3-5 years with Bayern I fancy!

Low ain't gonna leave Germany on a WC year!

That's about it for me, but as explained all taken, so that leaves me with the conclusion of sticking with AVB!

I admire some of the performances WBA able to produce under Steve Clarke.

WBA has no fear playing the big teams.

His team came back from 5-2 to deny MU a win on Fergie's final game.

Who we could probably get: Michael Laudrup (although i agree with spurs1983 he is probably destined to leave us if he is a succsess)

The longshot: Jup Heynkles (not going to come / potentially retired)

Who we should get; A young manager with a proven track record, a world class mentor and enough loyalty to not be turned by the offer of a 'bigger job'..

I would also like to add that when we 'find' this mystical person that we afford him the time and patience that other 'top' clubs have afforded their respective managers..

This will sort the wheat from the Chaff!!

I'll entertain for a moment but hope to come up with something intelligent later. Or not!

This is the problem as I see it, which is exactly as I see this thread.

Klopp, Pep, Lord Farquar!!!

This is why some Spurs fans are delusional, we are where we are with the choices we have for a reason!!!

This will sort the wheat from the Chaff!!

I'll entertain for a moment but hope to come up with something intelligent later. Or not!

This is the problem as I see it, which is exactly as I see this thread.

Klopp, Pep, Lord Farquar!!!

This is why some Spurs fans are delusional, we are where we are with the choices we have for a reason!!!

Haha I have to admit I wrote Pep as a joke to be honest. Just shows how ludicrous sacking Avb is. The only managers I consider better would not touch us.

@Balesrightboot

I got the joke, but there are some who actually believe he would come to us along with other names they come out with!!

We currently have one of the best young managers in Europe, boring or not. He is trying to balance pushing for top four with blooding a virtual new team. And people still not satisfied.

@Balesrightboot

I got the joke, but there are some who actually believe he would come to us along with other names they come out with!!

We currently have one of the best young managers in Europe, boring or not. He is trying to balance pushing for top four with blooding a virtual new team. And people still not satisfied.

Agree mate wasted time arguing this on the other thread that he has all the potential in the world. Would love to see us buck the trend of the last 20 years and give a manger time (dont get me wrong a lot of the managers in this period didnt deserve time) but as we can see football is a fickle game.

Bring Glenn Hoddle in now just until the end of the season to steady the ship and give us time to have a good look around for a long-term successor. He's available, knows the club inside out and will give some style back to the play.

Bring Glenn Hoddle in now just until the end of the season to steady the ship and give us time to have a good look around for a long-term successor. He's available, knows the club inside out and will give some style back to the play.

Kloop would be great,can't see him leaving a champions league club tho,would still love avb to turn things around cause I like the man,only time will tell,but you don't get much time at this level of football and I fear for avb's future,Sundays match is huge...

We don't have any chance to sign Kloop.

So let's back on Earth...

1. Martinez - The best option right now for me (not old and not for a lot of money), but I don't think he will leave Everton this season.

Swansea - played great under him, no kick and run, even they played in championship;

Wigan - Last 3 seasons they didn't relegate because of him.

2. Laudrup - Not 100% convince he is ready for a bigger club, but he won a cup and Swansea play beautiful football.

I also believe he is an intelligent person.

3. Jurgen K.- He knows the club and I believe that he can bring another spirit in the dressing room.

Tactics are important, but the main thing a manager has to do is to make the players happy.

I want to see players playing full of joy, wearing spurs shirts with proud and determination.

This is what we will never see under AVB.

Tactics are important, but the main thing a manager has to do is to make the players happy.

if thats all it takes, lets just fucking hire john cleese then

jesus...

so can you explain to me how a Martinez and Laudrup are exactly better?