Spurs Web
Coattail Rider

ok dipshits

But Cheski win things and will almost certainly finish 1st or 2nd. We on the other hand will struggle to finish top half if the moron isn't sacked soon.

If given a fair chance and a long enough go, AVB could be a long term manager, two real crap games this year, Sundays shambles and the hamsters. We can play better and we need to play better but they need a while to gel together as a squad and shortened down to a team, for what it's worth Sundays team post match I rated a lot as it was more or less similar of what I would have liked to see, just goes to show what I know. Bottom line getting rid of AVB will make us no better than what the Chelski do. Weather the storm, a couple of much needed wins and it will all melt away

Some of us have a job mate.

I don't know any FOR A FACT. It's just my opinion. Most of what's posted on here is opinion based, hence why there are so many dissagreements.

Stop trying to be such a smart arse.

Right,ok then,I give it out so I can take it,but a few things:

You're right,I don't have a job.I'm not ashamed to admit it.I have worked nearly every single fucking day of my life,up until our Government fucked our country up and I was laid off.As a Carpenter working primarily on building sites,it's been a struggle to get work for the last 3years.But in those 3 years,I have had private jobs,and tried to set up my own business (as work was so hard to come by),and it's struggling,like Spurs,but I'll soldier on.I have also in the mean time applied for countless jobs,paying a lot less than I am used to earning,without any luck,but hey ho,tomorrow's another day and I'll try again.I have NEVER, EVER signed on,my wife works and we get by without any handouts whatsoever,even though I could get and probably deserve them with the thousands I've paid in tax and NI.But benefits are for people that are genuinely in the shit,and scumbags that choose it as a life choice,we're neither.And even then,I have donated to this forum,when I can,and will continue to do so.I don't recall you,GS,Mihai or CJW ever being thanked for doing it?

As for me trying to be a smart arse?No mate, there's only one cunt on here that falls into that category,and that's GS.

PS.You still haven't answered my question.

You're right,I don't have a job.I'm not ashamed to admit it.I have worked nearly every single fucking day of my life,up until our Government fucked our country up and I was laid off.As a Carpenter working primarily on building sites,it's been a struggle to get work for the last 3years.But in those 3 years,I have had private jobs,and tried to set up my own business (as work was so hard to come by),and it's struggling,like Spurs,but I'll soldier on.I have also in the mean time applied for countless jobs,paying a lot less than I am used to earning,without any luck,but hey ho,tomorrow's another day and I'll try again.I have NEVER, EVER signed on,my wife works and we get by without any handouts whatsoever,even though I could get and probably deserve them with the thousands I've paid in tax and NI.But benefits are for people that are genuinely in the shit,and scumbags that choose it as a life choice,we're neither.And even then,I have donated to this forum,when I can,and will continue to do so.I don't recall you,GS,Mihai or CJW ever being thanked for doing it?

As for me trying to be a smart arse?No mate, there's only one cunt on here that falls into that category,and that's GS.

I'm a tiler and in the same boat mate....it's a really shit time for trades in the majority of areas. Hopefully things will get better soon. Chin up buddy.

I'm a tiler and in the same boat mate....it's a really shit time for trades in the majority of areas. Hopefully things will get better soon. Chin up buddy.

Yeah I know mate,it's gutting,I actually got a nice little private earner today,a weeks work just before Xmas,hence the donation, thank fuck,it'll be a little bit merrier!!!Goodluck pal.

This whole saga is not going away and if anything is gathering pace, even the papers are starting to print storys of unrest and AVB has two games to save his job, but to be fair the way Levy has acted in the past the papers have an easy target and story, without much effort!

Here is the problem as i see it, and it revolves around the whole concept of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club!

As said in another thread i have supported Spurs all my life, i am now 48, nothing amazing there as most supporters would say the same about their club. But i have never seen Spurs win the League, or even close, so the truth is I do not look at Spurs as a Club(dont confuse this with TEAM) as a club i dont see us as a League winning CLUB. I see us doing well in the League, and since the conception of top Four reaching CL, hopefully being one of the four to gain entry into the CL and also winning a trophy of some description during the season.

But the problem is, Levy and supporters are guilty of this, because of our history, we see our selves as a massive club, we are a big club but we are not massive and i am not going to name them but there are plenty of clubs in England and throughout Europe who are far bigger than us and a far better atraction.

We have spent a lot of money this summer, but even in doing this when other bigger teams were interested in same players as us those players normally went elsewhere. And this is absolutely the same with Managers.

AVB came to us as he saw it as proving every one wrong and sticking two fingers up at Chelsea and even in this Levy probably also feels he is attracting one of Europes top managers in front of the rest but in reality if one of the bigger clubs had come in at the same time AVB would probably have gone else where. But this is creating a problem at Spurs and our reputation througout the game.

Spurs have always spent big, every window, but our wages although very good, are not in the league of bigger clubs, and so with the manager.

The top top managers will not come to Spurs, so as with our players, we take from the next level, but when these managers have any blip they are shown the door and in comes another of same quality but not any better, so Tottenham never progress any further, we have a good spell, a blip, the sack, new manager and so we start again.

Some want AVB out regardless, and thats fine to have that opinion, some want to stick with AVB, because they are desperate, like me for the club to do well, regardless of manager, it could be Charles Manson but if Spurs were competing at the top and winning trophys no one would give a shit, until that blip came along! Of course!

I have heard Laudrup, Clarke, Hiddink, among some of the suggestions, but the fact is these will not be any better than we already have, until we stick with someone and let them build a legacy.

The greatest manager Spurs had was made manager of the Club in October 1958, he won the double in 1961, 3 years later, 3 years, not 3 months, he then changed the face of English football, which others followed and improved, Shankly, Paisley, Clough, Ferguson, all these managers instilled discipline and a hunger to succeed, and if you didnt follow it you were swiftly out that club, and i can garuntee there were a good few players upset by their managers choice, but the ones who bought into it prospered greatly.

And so back to Spurs and Levy, if you truly do not have the faith to back your manager, neither will the players, the players will always feel they are bigger than the manager and the club, so when another (bigger) club come in these players will be on their way!! And so around and around we go, always the nearly Club.

Levy has shown time and time again he is a hard nose business man, well now he has show some steel and stick with the choice he has made, at least until the end of this season, then reassess in June. Nothing can be gained changing the manger now, and a good result Sunday would help that of course, but even if the result Sunday go's against us i hope Levy is strong enough to stay with AVB.

I could go on but if you have read this far well done, and for those who have lost the will to live i can only apoligise.

Keep the Faith!

Okay, well number one, I was merely pointing out that I was at work so didn't have a chance to answer your question - I didn't know you don't have a job, and certainly didn't expect a life story as a response.  I do feel for you though, as my dad is in the same boat.

Number two, I did answer your question ... you asked me what players I knew for a fact AVB had lost.

I replied :

"I don't know any FOR A FACT ... it's just my opinion ... "

First of all mate, us mongs are now by far the biggest majority. If you bother to listen to radio phone in's you would know that. A year and a half of dull, disjointed football and unmotivated players has pissed most of us off. I would go as far to say that the supporters that actually believe this idiot is going to drag us out of the quagmire are mongs. Anyway, as much as I would like top four finishes, a CL quarter final and the best most entertaining football in the country, Arry and Levy will never be friends again, so I would go on Laudrup

king of the spastics pops up and all he can give us is "I would go with Laudrup"

why oh great one. what is going to make him any better than AVB (please dont say "attractive football" because you could say the same about Porto under AVB) Tell me of Laudrups managerial qualities that hes going to bring to the club? Why hes going to be a better manager, why hes going to be able to draw in big names to sign for us? His experience with managing highly paid players with big egos?

that is if you can drag yourself away from all of your 'friends'. When does visiting hour at the home finish?

Ah but he is a Tottenham legend and apparently being a Tottenham legend is a guaranteed recipe for success as a manager at this club according to some fans,even though the reigns of both Hoddle and Ardiles totally contradict that opinion.

Actually,sod it,lets just get Ian Holloway in.We'll be shit but the football will be entertaining and the press conferences will be a good laugh.

FFS.

Hooray for Holloway!

Another day and another name.

Today is the turn of Luis Enrique. Who's managerial career consists of Barca b, Roma(where he failed) now at Celta Vigo who are currently struggling in Spanish League. But he has worked with Baldini and is an advocate of the 'Barca Way'. What more do you need?

Step up, Step Side ways or Step Back???

Who we could probably get: Michael Laudrup (although i agree with spurs1983 he is probably destined to leave us if he is a succsess)

The longshot: Jup Heynkles (not going to come / potentially retired)

Who we should get; A young manager with a proven track record, a world class mentor and enough loyalty to not be turned by the offer of a 'bigger job'..

I would also like to add that when we 'find' this mystical person that we afford him the time and patience that other 'top' clubs have afforded their respective managers..

Isn't that what we already have???

YidArmy1975, it seems to be a bad situation for uk people, just because a lot of poland and ararb people came in your country for working, meaning less working places for the others. I have a good job in Romania but I have a lot of friends who leaved the country to work in Italy, Spain or Uk. Obvious they will earn much more than here but will be happy with less than you earn.

I wanted to make a donation here but the only way to do it is to use paypal. I don't have a paypal account, I thought I could pay with CC. But I will make a paypal account soon, just because this forum deserves to stay alive, it is helping us, every day, to have discussions and change opinions.

why dont you come down under mate

plenty of work here

You'll soon get one more gooner down there. A colleague of mine (married to an Oz woman) will move in July. Nice bloke, well, relatively... let's say that he's not giving me much these days