Spurs Web
voice

AVB/ Pressure.

As people know on here I've shown my support of AVB and continue to do. I don't think his record this season is that bad. Only 4 loses, 4 points behind second place (8 points behind Arsenal; leaders) and we are still in all competitions. That isn't a bad record. We must keep a steady ship and certainly mustn't panic. However, and saying all that, if AVB doesn't win his next two games then the pressure will be on him and I am not sure that Levy and co will be prepared to wait.

General Stupid  has a point when he said that in today's football (especially for the top clubs) directors are not prepared to wait or give their managers time to settle in. I believe that AVB can turn it around and win the next two games. Sadly it won't end there. He then has to get in a decent position so that when we do lose (again) we have enough points to shrug it off.

All the papers are now suggesting that he is in the firing line. Odds of him keeping his job has been slashed. I believe he is just above Jol; who are favourites to get the sack early.

Good to see you coming to terms with reality, albeit you still think the idiot can do a job. Listening to the radio, and the phone in's it has become apparent that my views are now very popular amongst Spurs supporters. What I can't understand is why you think we have done well. We have had the worse home and away losses in years. Three of the games we have won were from a single penalty, and on each occasion the decision was disputable to say the least, and one of them was the last kick of the game. In reality we have only played two decent games all season. Yes we are still in the Europa cup, but we have only played pub sides, and yes we are still in the League cup, but only by penalties against a crap side and at home.

It's not like Liverpool. Liverpool had a pretty poor season last year, but the supporters stuck with the manager because they could see what he was doing, they could se that the players had bought into is philosophy, and they were growing as a side. With AVB this has never been the case. All last season we looked pretty poor, and then Bale saved the day. We don't have Bale anymore, and his tactics and formations are proving how inept he really is

As people know on here I've shown my support of AVB and continue to do. I don't think his record this season is that bad. Only 4 loses, 4 points behind second place (8 points behind Arsenal; leaders) and we are still in all competitions. That isn't a bad record. We must keep a steady ship and certainly mustn't panic. However, and saying all that, if AVB doesn't win his next two games then the pressure will be on him and I am not sure that Levy and co will be prepared to wait.

General Stupid  has a point when he said that in today's football (especially for the top clubs) directors are not prepared to wait or give their managers time to settle in. I believe that AVB can turn it around and win the next two games. Sadly it won't end there. He then has to get in a decent position so that when we do lose (again) we have enough points to shrug it off.

All the papers are now suggesting that he is in the firing line. Odds of him keeping his job has been slashed. I believe he is just above Jol; who are favourites to get the sack early.

Once supporters start making a load of noise about the manager getting the sack the board start to take notice espiecally when the media won't shut up about it and I have to admit every call I have heard on the radio since Sunday I have yet to hear one getting behind AVB which I find dissapointing that's why Sundays game will go a long way to silence the critics if we win.

I think TalkSport are on a mission to get AVB the sack so they can say I told you so, Durham won't shut the fook up about AVB.

The only Spurs fans I know who think AVB is the right man to take us forward are you guys on this board.

I know seven or eight other Spurs fans, and they all think he's horse shit.

For the record, I wouldn't know FOR A FACT if that's the majority or minority view, but it's the view I'm subjected to day in, day out.

Your backing up what I have said. It's only a few people on these boards that want to keep him, and why I really don't know. Perhaps some people enjoy watching boring defensive football.

Once supporters start making a load of noise about the manager getting the sack the board start to take notice espiecally when the media won't shut up about it and I have to admit every call I have heard on the radio since Sunday I have yet to hear one getting behind AVB which I find dissapointing that's why Sundays game will go a long way to silence the critics if we win.

I think TalkSport are on a mission to get AVB the sack so they can say I told you so, Durham won't shut the fook up about AVB.

My experience reflect your mate. I work with quite a few Spurs fans, and have loads of mates I meet up with at the Lane, and now none of them want him to stay.

The only Spurs fans I know who think AVB is the right man to take us forward are you guys on this board.

I know seven or eight other Spurs fans, and they call think he's horse shit.

For the record, I wouldn't know FOR A FACT if that's the majority or minority view, but it's the view I'm subjected to day in, day out.

My experience reflect your mate. I work with quite a few Spurs fans, and have loads of mates I meet up with at the Lane, and now none of them want him to stay.

No doubt they'll be along in a minute effing and jeffing and telling us we're making it all up.

Their trouble is that because we've never had much success from sacking managers, they believe we HAVE to stick with this one no matter what.

No matter how shit we play, no matter how many goals we continue to not score, they'll say he should be given a chance ... right til the bitter end.  It must make

them feel like they're better and more loyal fans than we are or something.  I want what's best for Tottenham Hotspur ... not what's best for AVB.

Ever consider to switch to a forum where the majority are anti-AVB?

Where's the fun in that?  You guys might want a message board where you can all agree with each other and suck each other dicks.

I however, am quite happy to have a different opinion, and to debate it - no matter how abusive or un-welcomng some of you guys feel the need to be.

Your backing up what I have said. It's only a few people on these boards that want to keep him, and why I really don't know. Perhaps some people enjoy watching boring defensive football.

If you are so miffed by the opinions of the people on this board,why don't you do everyone a favour,and fuck off and die you cunt.

Interesting. If all of us are anti-AVB, you will leave?

Where's the fun in that?  You guys might want a message board where you can all agree with each other and suck each other dicks.

I however, am quite happy to have a different opinion, and to debate it - no matter how abusive or un-welcomng some of you guys feel the need to be.

If you are so miffed by the opinions of the people on this board,why don't you do everyone a favour,and fuck off and die you cunt.

Wow.  I thought we're all supposed to be here because we all have one thing in common ... we all support Spurs.

A response like that because he doesn't like AVB is WAY over the top.

This board is getting very cliquey lately, and some of the responses are pretty ridiculous to be fair ... and why? because he doesn't agree with you on whether our

manager should stay?  It's not like he's killed somebody is it.  Jesus.

Wow. I thought we're all supposed to be here because we all have one thing in common ... we all support Spurs.

This board is getting very cliquey lately, and some of the responses are pretty ridiculous to be fair ... and why? because he doesn't agree with you on whether our

manager should stay? It's not like he's killed somebody is it. Jesus.

No because all he does is come on here starting thread after thread repeating the same shit pissing everyone off,that's why.

Wow. I thought we're all supposed to be here because we all have one thing in common ... we all support Spurs.

manager should stay? It's not like he's killed somebody is it. Jesus.

No,you're right mate,that was bang out of order,I hold my hands up,General Stupid,I apologise for that,it was a cuntish thing to say,I'm sorry.

Yidarmy is bang on, it's every fucking thread, no matter what the topic is on comes the General with the same fucking story, nothing wrong with differing opinions, but bloody hell it feels like he just wants to wear everybody down so that finally, every fucking member as one say

" yup General, you were bang on the money, I wish I'd listened to you and your friends quicker, coz if I had we'd probably be running away with the league by now, Soldado, would be banging in hat tricks week after week, with his new improved service, our football would be soooo fucking pretty and stylish, every other team would be wishing they could play like us, and the chant around the ground would be there's only one General Stupid, one General Stupid la la la"

Its funny how everyone is kicking off at each other and just shows how stressful it is supporting spurs at the minute, I posted a few times last year saying I didn't like what avb was doing and give him the benefit of doubt until he has his transfers for a full season, after the window shut I was excited with signings and bemused as to why no left back and letting benny go but never mind that season started and we got off ok never seen us so solid but we created nothing but got results so I thought I can see what he is doing he's making us hard to beat after all that money spent his rep as a manager at least was to get us into top 4 and it was ok for a few games. But after that we got so concerned with not conceding we forgot about going forward and now he has swapped and changed them all to fuck and back and noone knows wtf is going on anymore and that is down to avb, so have I changed my mind on avb well it's still a no and I don't know if sacking him is best option but for me after2 more games if there isn't a vast or at least a new formation or system or even a sign they want to fight for him then he has to go, if we are in this rut still for the Christmas period then we are in the shit big time!

To be honest I almost always disagree with you, and I think that often (especially in the past) you have been  too negative (which is only my opinion of course), but I welcome your presence here, exactly for what you just said .

To me it's not about WHAT we say, but HOW, and most importantly... WHY

To be honest I almost always disagree with you, and I think that often (especially in the past) you have been too negative (which is only my opinion of course), but I welcome your presence here, exactly for what you just said .

To me it's not about WHAT we say, but HOW, and most importantly... WHY

I blame AVB,if we were top by 8points we'd all be happy,hahaha.