Spurs Web
CigarGuy

Where do we finish?

As Hastings said on a couple of posts previously, what I find interesting is that Liverpool are having a fantastic season, guaranteed top 4 finish, maybe even title contenders. Suarez playing out of his skin (can he do it all season?) and they are 2 points above us!

I just find it really strange how the press perceive us and other clubs. Everton "going great guns", "challenging", etc etc and they are 3 points above us!. Manchester United "still in the mix", they are level on points with us! Apparently even Southampton are having a wonderful season and they are oh, 7 points behind us!

The worrying thing is, if we actually start to turn it on at home we could finish top 4 comfortably if we continue to maintain the away form. But even if we do that the press will find some unexplainable way of writing us off, as do half the muppets who seem to be so called Spurs fans!!!!

Everyones losing random points and we aren't gonna be as bad as we have been and we are still up there so I don't see why we can't finish top 4 need a couple of signings at back and a striker and some belief which I think we are starting to show.

all our competitors should get maximum points on NYD leaving us and Man U the only ones to drop points and hopefully of course its not us .

March is our tough month, we want a full squad to pick from as we have in no order City Scum & Chelsea that month , win all three and we could be right in there, lose all three and we could be holding them all up

As Hastings said on a couple of posts previously, what I find interesting is that Liverpool are having a fantastic season, guaranteed top 4 finish, maybe even title contenders. Suarez playing out of his skin (can he do it all season?) and they are 2 points above us!

I just find it really strange how the press perceive us and other clubs. Everton "going great guns", "challenging", etc etc and they are 3 points above us!. Manchester United "still in the mix", they are level on points with us! Apparently even Southampton are having a wonderful season and they are oh, 7 points behind us!

The worrying thing is, if we actually start to turn it on at home we could finish top 4 comfortably if we continue to maintain the away form. But even if we do that the press will find some unexplainable way of writing us off, as do half the muppets who seem to be so called Spurs fans!!!!

the 6-0 and 5-0 that triggered the AVB sacking (or at least excused it) is the reason. Expectations. We spent a lot of money in the transfer market and were expected to challenge. The omission is that we lost our Talisman in the process and really spent nothing in net terms. I don't give a fuck what the press say but the negativity of many on here has been pissing me off to no end. For me, I support my teams through thick and thin, and while I am far from thrilled with this season I am staying behind Spurs and support whatever manager we appoint and whatever squad we field. There is a group of so called fans here that moaned and complained to remove AVB from the off, then when he went moaned and complained that we removed him with no replacement. Then they moaned and complained when Sherwood got the job. FFS! Get behind the lads and Tim and you will behind surprised just how much fun this second half will be. COYS!

Its hard to know.

But I will say this, we have new men improving as they settle, quality players and depth and that will count for a lot in the last 19 games.

We also have a new manager that is showing promise in addressing areas of coaching and man-management that needed improvement.  We also have found this fantastic striker called Adebayor, who is looking well managed and very valuable again.  We also have money to spend on one or two new players.

I think these factors will see us above the Mersey clubs because they lack squad depth.  I mean for all our problems and loss of six pointer games against other big teams we are still right there in the cl scrap.

But is going to be hard to finish ahead of Manu, Arsenal or Chelsea.

I don't give us a prayer of finishing ahead of Man City at this point because they are 7 points ahead of us, have quality, depth, a good manager and the players are settled.  Chelsea aren't great (they only really have very good attacking midfielders) but they have a manager that can grind out results.

Our best hope is probably ManU or if Arsenal collapse (which is possible, but unlikely at this stage).

So my best guess is we will be 4th or 5th.  I like what Sherwood is trying to do and he could do the scousers and Moyes.

Some of these things could rely on injuries to key men in these teams or someone like Lamela finally showing his real talent.  Predictions are always a hard business, so many factors.

But I reckon we'll be 4th or 5th based on the fact that we are still in and around despite all the issues, AVB arguments and new players settling and gelling etc.  We are finally starting to look like a team now.

Reviewing where we hope to finish after the United game looks hopeful.  We've had a good Christmas; A win (Southampton), Draw (WBA), a win (Stoke) and another win over United at Old Trafford and I will be picking up a £5 bet.

One concern though; our injury problem. We've got quite a few out injured and now - probably - another injury.  There is going to be a lot of factors that go into the equation of whether we finish in the top 4. Early days yet.

I am expecting most of the injured players to be back by the end of this month. Maybe another centre back, another striker, and possibly another left back and top 4 should be in our grasp.

United don't have a prayer in hell of winning the cl.  I know Chelsea didn't look good for it that time either but they had Drogba, Mata, Essien, Lampard, Torres, Cole, Terry, Cech etc.  This United team is pants, they've very little outside Rooney, Persie, the little pea (who doesn't even start), and Janeisi (sorry can't spell his name).  The rest are finished or average and they've no kids coming through by the looks of it.

I fancy us for 4th after today.  I said 4th or 5th but today was a six pointer in that regard.  I think the scousers will have trouble with both spurs and united in the second half of the year because we have deeper squads and deeper pockets.  Plus spurs are only going to get better as the new players get better.

After the Stoke match, my expectations have been raised.

I'll go 6-10. I really couldn't tell you who would pip us to

drop us to 9 or 10, but just remaining cautious.

COYS!

After Man U, I am comfortable narrowing from 6-10 to 6-8th.

Still see Big 5 finishing top 5.  Everton 6.  Spurs and Newcastle

battling for 7th. 

After Man U, I am comfortable narrowing from 6-10 to 6-8th.

Still see Big 5 finishing top 5.  Everton 6.  Spurs and Newcastle

battling for 7th. 

Anyone want to update their prediction?  This was my latest one from 2 January.

I'm sticking with above for the time being.

Anyone want to update their prediction?  This was my latest one from 2 January.

I'm sticking with above for the time being.

Got to be honest teams that get beat 6-0 5-0 5-1 don't usually make champions league so i can't see it i think 6th.

I think I originally said 6th...I think that is what it will be. There is no way this team makes top 4 and to be brutally honest, I'd rather NOT be in the Mickey Mouse Europa league next year anyway....this team needs a new and experienced manager and a year with no pressure, and reduced expectations to mold the team he wants with the players he wants. Now I can't see Levy sanctioning this when he's still peddling his stadium [email protected] etc, but that's what I think needs to happen.

It sucks....