Spurs Web
CigarGuy

Where do we finish?

If I had to put money on a position now it would be 5th.

I don't rule out 4th. I see Newcastle slipping away and possibly Everton too. I think Utd have wider issues than Mata on his own will solve. I see City 1st and Chelsea 2nd. Arsenal may well have a difficult month with injuries and important games - only "may" though and they have a very annoying habit of finishing top 4.

So, us or Liverpool for 4th and they shade it.

4th is not beyond us,but to make it we will have to play out of our skins,we can't afford any more hidings like last night,time for the players to stand up and show some fight and passion playing for this world famous football club,if not,on your bike,season starts again on Sunday against hull,coys!!!!

After yesterday's performance I can't see us getting a top 4 spot. The two that we will be challenging for that spot are Liverpool and United. Both have a superior goal difference to us. Both have a better squad than us.

Sherwood said that he was "happy with the squad he had"; but that squad isn't good enough to be a top team. We got virtually nothing out of the hundred million we spent. In theory we should be there at the top, instead we are being thrashed by the likes of Liverpool and City choice. Between those two clubs we conceded 16 goals. Scoring just one. That is not a top 4 performance material.

Yesterday is just 3 dropped points and given Citeh's form an expected result. The manner of defeat matters little. Our GD was already beyond repair so as long as we pick ourselves back up then no problem. We must win v Hull. If we do then we are back on track. Beat Liverpool at Anfield and we only have to find one more point than them from here on. This is an attainable goal. Top 4 is still a very possible outcome and I honestly think we will do it.

I don't give a shit to be honest!!

I want us to win as many league games as possible which would mean probably top four, but so what! We can't cope with EL and League this year so another one season wonder in CL makes no difference. I think this continual persuit of top four is doing the club no favours.

As said, I just want to win as many games as possible and I would be more than happy if we could make the EL final this year, that would be a good couple of days wherever the fuck it is!! Then next season we start again in same attitude. And see where it takes us. I have said before in another thread somewhere, I have never seen spurs win the league and believe as a club we just don't have it in us, so what's the piont of just being another arse, finish fourth every year but win fuck all!!

The sooner this season is over and we get a proper manager in the better , more points dropped against Liverpool and Everton go above us , i believed Sherwood wasn`t the answer when he was appointed , i know it`s difficult to find a manager mid-season , that`s why we should write this season off , if we finish 5th and get into the Europa league it will be a mild success , we need a manager with experience and vision and one that can attract world class players , Tim Sherwood is not that manager , we also need to get rid of some serious dead wood in my opinion , i don`t think Soldado will ever cut the mustard in the premier league , Rose is not good enough as well as Dawson , Sigurdsson , Chadli , Naughton to name a few , i don`t think iv`e seen a team give the ball away and lose possession as much as we do , we seem incapable of completing a simple pass right now in my opinion 

I would go for between 8 and 2, however, I do hope it is a lot higher.

There seems to be a decent gap between 9 and 10, so to finish lower then 9th would

be a complete collapse. I'm a little more optimistic with a 6 to 9 finish expected.

I think Timmy played Levy and let him announce the replacement before tying down

the contract. Timmy knew he'd get relieved with "poor" results, so he shook Levy down

for the extra year.

The sooner this season is over and we get a proper manager in the better , more points dropped against Liverpool and Everton go above us , i believed Sherwood wasn`t the answer when he was appointed , i know it`s difficult to find a manager mid-season , that`s why we should write this season off , if we finish 5th and get into the Europa league it will be a mild success , we need a manager with experience and vision and one that can attract world class players , Tim Sherwood is not that manager , we also need to get rid of some serious dead wood in my opinion , i don`t think Soldado will ever cut the mustard in the premier league , Rose is not good enough as well as Dawson , Sigurdsson , Chadli , Naughton to name a few , i don`t think iv`e seen a team give the ball away and lose possession as much as we do , we seem incapable of completing a simple pass right now in my opinion

Over reaction surely ?

There are many teams that regularly give the ball away more than us. Just look at the lower half of the table.

Yes there are problems, but we are still getting other results helping us, and we are still in touch. TS does need to reassess his tactics a little.

Good to see Paulinho back, with a great goal.

Can't say I agree with you about Sherwood, but I do about the players.

We all seem to agree that we are having a shit season, but if we beat Everton and Liverpool lose to the Arse, we are 5th and on level points with the scousers.

I've been doing the "if" thing all season.  No more.  Too damaging to my emotional and mental

well being.

My guess for the season would be 5-6. We really are not as bad as people say. I just think that the current state of the club is very unstable, which is why we aren't getting the results we want. 5-6th this season is reasonable and realistic.