Spurs Web
CigarGuy

Where do we finish?

Exactly, if (as in some peoples opinions on here) we are so shit and Liverpool are so fucking great then why are they only 3 points above us?

Maybe both of us are inconsistent but their highs are much higher than ours and their lows are the same. Bottom line is if you win 1-0 or 5-1 you only get 3 points. The goal diff tells the story of our seasons

We missed out on CL once when we deserved it, that was the season Chelsea won the CL but we should of finished 3rd, and last season we threw it away again, so we haven't been unlucky really, we just havent been able to go the distance.

Lasagnagate the players fault?

I couldn't care less if we deserve it or not. We can fluke a win for every game between now and the end of the season and I will be happy.

I still think we can get 4th. We are 5th and everyone thinks we are having a shitty season. We also have the best away record in the league. We definitely cannot catch Man City or Chelsea, but Liverpool can be caught and who knows what'll happen to the Arse after last weekend? The only fly in the ointment is our goal difference. It's another point for the other teams because finishing level on points will not be good enough.

Arsenal have a mare of a schedule. United, Liverpool FA Cup, Bayern twice in CL, Spurs, Chelsea all coming from now until the end of March. Their easy games are Sunderland, Stoke and Swansea, all of which could pose problems especially if they take a knock in confidence or suffer a few injuries. Then City April 5th.

We have Newcastle, Norwich, Cardiff, none of which are easy. Toon away is always tricky and both City teams will be fighting to avoid relegation. The we have a run of Chelsea away, Arsenal and Southampton at the lane, and then the critical Anfield match.

Liverpool has an easier run although they still have us, Chelsea, City, United and Newcastle left to play. Of those only United is away. They do have many of their easier matches on the road including Norwich, Cardiff, West Ham and Palace. Southampton away as well. Those teams can be hard to break down especially given they will also be fighting for their lives and playing at home.

For me it's wide open.

Lets face it ! if we finish 5th , it will be an achievement this season , Chelsea , Liverpool and Man city are on a different level and we are outside of that and i don`t see that changing in the near future , our main goal should be trying to catch and pass Arsenal , i really think with Wenger in charge , it wouldn`t take much for the fans to turn on him , also we here the stories of unrest in training with bust-ups between the players too , if we can get our act together in the summer , bring in a world class manager and get rid of the under achieving players and bring in some world class talent then we could well break into the top 4 at Arsenals expense , we know we have a chairman that isn`t afraid of splashing a little cash , if it`s spent wisely there no reason why we couldn`t bring in 3 or 4 world class players over the summer , i thing we all know where we need to strengthen 

Lets face it ! if we finish 5th , it will be an achievement this season , Chelsea , Liverpool and Man city are on a different level and we are outside of that and i don`t see that changing in the near future , our main goal should be trying to catch and pass Arsenal , i really think with Wenger in charge , it wouldn`t take much for the fans to turn on him , also we here the stories of unrest in training with bust-ups between the players too , if we can get our act together in the summer , bring in a world class manager and get rid of the under achieving players and bring in some world class talent then we could well break into the top 4 at Arsenals expense , we know we have a chairman that isn`t afraid of splashing a little cash , if it`s spent wisely there no reason why we couldn`t bring in 3 or 4 world class players over the summer , i thing we all know where we need to strengthen

Sounds like last summer?

Stop being deluded, lasangegate my arse.

Not deluded. But if a team is off by a couple of % in a PL game then any one can snag a draw or a win. I simply use it as an example of bad luck that Carrick was sick as a dog in that game and that is bad luck - so I don't care if we win when we don't deserve it!

According to Sherwood today we can at least lose another 5 games and still get 4th spot. Yes, providing other teams lose as well. Of course if they are one of the teams beating us then it strengthens their hands, not ours.

According to Sherwood today we can at least lose another 5 games and still get 4th spot. Yes, providing other teams lose as well. Of course if they are one of the teams beating us then it strengthens their hands, not ours.

To be fair he did state beforehand that he wasn't good at maths and I think that showed! haha

At this point, I am afraid it is another 5th place finish. Granted, under the circumstances that isn't necessarily a bad thing but after last season and the money spent last summer it has to be viewed as a step back.

The best we can do at this point is 4th and that is only if Liverpool slides (which I think is possible, btw). Arensal, Chelsea and Man City will go 1, 2 and 3.

The worst case is 6th and that is totally possible with the way Everton is playing.