Spurs Web
Top_2

AVB - Contract Terminated

This is all on the payers. The manager is just an easy scapegoat. It wasn't AVB out there on the pitch yesterday getting bullied off the ball 100 times because Liverpool were hungrier and it wasn't AVB passing the ball straight to the other team or straight out of play.

I wish it had turned out better for AVB.  There are many people to blame but in the end; that performance yesterday was relegation material.  The worst sort of shambles, and for that, he would have lost the board, who are ruthless bastards.  Whether they know how to run a club for the fans is debatable, but it's done now.  Watch us go on an unbeaten run to March now...same old shit, different season.  I would haul all the players in and demand to know why they should be paid this week.  As for BAE he should be ashamed; AVB did some things right but he'd need a team that is built around a leader and creative force; we honestly have neither.

Embarrassing, Ashamed. ENIC fuck off retards.I fuckin hate football today,no honesty.no loyalty,just lazy greedy supposed footballers cream in it.tossers

you and me man, lets go back to the 70s and 80s , proper footballs, no fucking ragheads or commie cunts running clubs, no diving, proper fans , honest hard working players and still great matches

I was against AVB after city game, I hated what we played this season from the first game vs palace, but I really don't know why, today I am sad.

I feel sorry for this boy. But he never ever understanded english football.

He has a chance in Italy.

I was against AVB after city game, I hated what we played this season from the first game vs palace, but I really don't know why, today I am sad.

I feel sorry for this boy. But he never ever understanded english football.

He has a chance in Italy.

who gives a flying fuck what you think

We've scored 15 goals in 16, and have a -6 GD.

We've lost 0-3 to West Ham, 6-0 to City & 0-5 to Liverpool.

We play slow methodical football, with no fluidity, no one supporting one another, no 1-2's, as they all stay in their 'zones'. All ingenuity and expression has been coached out if them.

He never adapts our tactics to suit the players on the pitch. Like playing a high line with Dawson, having two right footers down the left, refusing to play to Soldado's strengths and chopping & changing for little reason.

He's managed to turn the latter (a proven too class European striker) into one now snatching at half chances because he has been so starved of service.

Lamela (one the the hottest prospects in football) looks like a lost lamb, and AVB hasn't a clue what to do with him, playing him occasionally, mostly out of position before dropping him the next time.

His subs are often bizarre, and he still comes across as quite petulant & arrogant in interviews.

Only has himself to blame.

Trying to think of a game that we won comfortably under AVB in the premier league and literally can't think of won,we did have some big games like at old Trafford and beating arsenal 2:1 but can't think of a game that we had wrapped up early on ,everytime we won it was literally nail bitting stuff,as far as I can remember I'm sure you guys might remember one

We beat west ham 3-0 at home last year I think. But yes it is a valid point, while teams like liverpool have been crushing opponents in their home games, we have to go through the ringer every time. But to be fair, the same applied in Arry's reign, remember how many times we would go 2-0 up before conceding the next goal and clinging on to 2-1 for dear life?

If we continue to score < 1 goal a game we won't win many.  On track for 10 losses for the season.  

11 out of a possible 24 points at home.

3 of a possible 21 points against teams in the top 8.

Embarrassed 3 times in the first 16 games. Won 3 games with late penalties. Sometimes you have to see the writing on the wall.

I think it's a testament that Harry lasted nearly 4 years in the job, we sacked him for a younger tactical genius and look how that panned out? 

To be honest he had to go.

I've been impressed from day one with his ideas and what he is trying to do, but the question was whether he knew how to implement it.

In some ways he obviously does, you don't lose vdv and modric and get a record points total without some sort of ability.

However, he's been shown to be lacking in many ways this year.  There were extenuating circumstances like many new players and needed gelling time, but that is over now.

Yesterday he had injuries at the back too, but the manner of the defeat was just inacceptable.

I think he was looking for solutions to problems he did not understand in the lack of goals and then ended up wide open as well.

Quite simply, it wasn't working.

If he got more time maybe he could have had a good season and done really well long term.  It is conceivable given the man's intelligence.  However, this was one hammering too far on top of other problems and it was too big a risk to stick by him imo.

I'd like Hiddink or Frank De Boar.

Freundy will atleast get some enthusiasm into the squad. 

TBH, he does have a reputation of being a decent coach. We shall see if he gets to take charge on Wednesday and the result of that. 

In terms of players playing, isnt up to the manager to motivate the players to win. Whether that means fining them 2 weeks wages etc.