Spurs Web
Top_2

AVB - Contract Terminated

Fucking sad,dark days,THFC all over really.

You're right mate. We go through it every couple of years. Anyways, onwards and upwards. Let's smash the pikeys on Wednesday with some attractive football and go into Xmas with a positive frame of mind.

I'm a little worried about who's going to get the hot seat though. Please not Capello. I'd love to see Hoddle come in and be successful. He is and will always be my favourite Spurs player and I love the guy. He is clearly knowledgeable and would play the Spurs Way. But after his last stint I would worry for him. Clearly Hiddink would be a great appointment, but I'd also not be unhappy with Frank De Boer. Again another guy who would play the right way and would get respect because of who he is.

After going to the game yesterday I wasn't surprised that he was sacked. It was a terrible result with a terrible performance. Personally, though, I didn't think he should have been sacked. He had one of the best records for a Spurs manager in the Premier League (54%). Our fortunes changed when we had a player sent off.

It's a dream job for a good coach because it is a high quality deep squad that is underperforming and still in every comp!  And there is more money to spend.

One thing I would be very critical of AVB was that he was obsessed with athletic midfielders.  He should have demanded a moutinho type bought to play with Sandro if Carroll isn't ready yet.  Instead he got Pauli, who is rubbish apart from running and when he gets to the box he has skill.  And Dembele, imo is not a central midfielder, he's a talented wing back, winger, wing forward or maybe no. 10.  He is an exceptional dribbler and athlete, but doesn't know how to control the tempo like a top midfielder should.

Avb failed last season and was going to fail this season.

And for people on this forum calling us cunts just because we have a opinion is wrong.

The next coach we get might not suit everyone but lets get behind him and put this mess right.

Losing to liverpool and city in that manner isnt great for any coach.

Ginola's son: yes, you are correct, however, Spurs had the same loses as Man City; who are expected to win the league. We did better than last season's League winners and are only 8 points behind the league leaders this season, so his record isn't that bad.

Ginola's son: yes, you are correct, however, Spurs had the same loses as Man City; who are expected to win the league. We did better than last season's League winners and are only 8 points behind the league leaders this season, so his record isn't that bad.

Difference is, City are about to face Barca in the CL, with are facing Dnipro in the EL...

Moyes isn't exactly comfortable in his post, but you know United will keep faith with him for a while yet.

I'm truly torn on this...I understand both perspectives and could underdstand both possible outcomes.

AVB has the highest winning percentage of any THFC manager, the team is 5 points out of 4th and 6 out of 3rd.  I realize the GF-GA is horrific to look at but in spite of the -6 we're still right there.

On the flip side, the decision making in several instances leaves you shaking your head.  A non-fit Sandro in the lineup is begging for an injury replacement.  Starting such a defensive squad at home when a win propels you sends the wrong message.  Not knowing to this point who your best 11 are is disappointing.

I understand the need for continuity - its something I think is absolutely critical if THFC has the goal of being top of the table for years to come but I think the reality of it is that AVB isn't the right man for that...his style is not suited for BPL and he wasn't showing signs of wanting to change it. 

Best of luck to you AVB, I hope you have a long and successful coaching career (just not against Spurs).

In terms of who's next..I can imagine a care taker is all that the club will be able to get at this point in the season.  For me, choice number one has to be Gus.  Next would be Hoddle...a legend...a man who bleeds Tottenham blue...a man who I think was sacked far too soon as Englands manager.  I would very much welcome Frank de Boer....I'm not sure that he'd come but I think he would be very successful (obviously not in a caretakers role but permanent).

I'm not surprised he's gone but he's been made a scapegoat for the whole flawed situation. I believe avb has made some bad errors this season but he didn't tell Hugo to go out there and have a mare vs city and vs Liverpool coincidentally our biggest losses but hugo gets a pass on that. Being out in a position of having to use players he didn't want why the fuck as manager should he be pressured into using players he didn't want there. All baldini signings this is why Harry didn't want dof which we have used twice and each time( jol and avb) it has cost the manager their job as they are undermined and lose the dressing room. People called for avb to stop using inverted wingers and drop soldado for Defoe and what happened after he listened to all us cunts that think we know best, Defoe was shit too and we have been stuffed twice we was doing ok how we was before all the talk of boring football he changes the system around a bit to what the fans call for and it falls apart. If I hear any guy that was calling for avb to go as they wanted us to play attractive football then call for Capello then I will call you and you'll deserve to be called a cunt. Typical tottenham just a fucking circus

So it wasn't AVB who booted long serving BAE out of the club on loan to the championship and left us with no cover at LB, meaning once Rose inevitably got injured, Jan had to play out of position and therefore harming the central defence which didn't feature Jan - our most accomplished CB. When Jan gets injured too, Naughton - A right-back is drafted in and can't do the job, so much so that he is embarassingly subbed for a kid on the weekend....

All avoided if he just kept BAE at the club.

He also has frozen Adebayor out of the club even though our other two strikers aren't scoring, we all know Ade is a lazy waste of space, but he CAN do a job, we know it, we've seen it.

I'm DEVASTATED that I agree with Big Sam, but AVB is too immature - at 36 - to manage at this level, he succeeded at Porto because they are the only decent team in Portugal, its like Stevie Wonder managing Celtic, you can't fail. He has spats with players, falls out with them, and bars them from the first team whether its a detriment to the club or not - its not on. I'm fully down with a manager not falling prey to player power, but the way he's behaved towards seasoned pros beggars belief.

Harry's man-management was second to none, except perhaps what he said about Bent.

So it wasn't AVB who booted long serving BAE out of the club on loan to the championship and left us with no cover at LB, meaning once Rose inevitably got injured, Jan had to play out of position and therefore harming the central defence which didn't feature Jan - our most accomplished CB. When Jan gets injured too, Naughton - A right-back is drafted in and can't do the job, so much so that he is embarassingly subbed for a kid on the weekend....

All avoided if he just kept BAE at the club.

He also has frozen Adebayor out of the club even though our other two strikers aren't scoring, we all know Ade is a lazy waste of space, but he CAN do a job, we know it, we've seen it.

I'm DEVASTATED that I agree with Big Sam, but AVB is too immature - at 36 - to manage at this level, he succeeded at Porto because they are the only decent team in Portugal, its like Stevie Wonder managing Celtic, you can't fail. He has spats with players, falls out with them, and bars them from the first team whether its a detriment to the club or not - its not on. I'm fully down with a manager not falling prey to player power, but the way he's behaved towards seasoned pros beggars belief.

Harry's man-management was second to none, except perhaps what he said about Bent.

Harry's man management of the 1st 11 was 2nd to none but froze out a lot of decent players that could of come on and got us a goal through (many people forget) many a game where we struggled to beat teams at home and we went on to draw or lose 1 0.

Look at the way he set the team out, look at his tactics, subs, players being out injured for months, playing players that aren't fit and wasting subs because they walk off the field injured after 45 minutes.

Spent 30m on Lamela and plays him out of position.

Plays Chadli for defensive reasons (stopping Johnson) over Townsend, a natural left footer who is positive and plays without fear. 

Spends more time worrying about the opposition instead of focusing on our strengths.

Negative and he doesn't have Bale to get him out of jail with a last minute worldy.