Spurs Web
Top_2

AVB - Contract Terminated

Jol, Redknapp, and AVB all had a good start. Then Levy always set them up to fail with his transfer decisions.

Ramos is the exception. He was a mistake from the start.

Comolli bought a bunch of players that Jol can't use.

Under Redknapp there is no signing over 5mil between Jan 11 and Jan 12. It's a joke to sign two free transfer players Nielsen and Saha if we are targeting top 4.

We sold Bale, Dempsey, and Caulker and brought 7 new players.

The number aren't exact but 110 mil on 7 players - 91 mil Bale - 6 mil Dempsey - 9 mil Caulker - Gallas (free release) = almost 0 transfer budget.

The manager always gets the veto on players that come in.

You can't buy players for large money for them to potentially not be fancied.  Levy is a shrewd businessman that wants recruits to play and increase in value.

Many guys over the years have said what they say about transfers coming in over the managers head is a myth.  And it would have to be as it would not make any sense.

In contrast Levy has given money and given good squads to his coaches (of their choice), which has even made some poor managers look better than they were.

Levy has made the fuck up by getting AVB but letting caulker go and benny where strange ones that we will prob never know how they happened and left us light at the back as for the million midfielder signings I was baffled but we spent over 100 mill and sold over 100 mill so maybe in January he will sell lamela for 60 mill with the genius of levys business mind and then buy 2 strikers 2 Center backs and 2 left backs or he will just get none and employ another stupid dope!

Levy gave Jol a bunch of kids.

A lot of new signings in 09-10 but only free transfer players in 10-11.

All the sudden we have money again for AVB after Redknapp was gone.

Levy only invest money when he hire a new manager.

The manager always gets the veto on players that come in.

You can't buy players for large money for them to potentially not be fancied.  Levy is a shrewd businessman that wants recruits to play and increase in value.

Many guys over the years have said what they say about transfers coming in over the managers head is a myth.  And it would have to be as it would not make any sense.

In contrast Levy has given money and given good squads to his coaches (of their choice), which has even made some poor managers look better than they were.

I still think the avb sacking was a bit knee jerk. The guy was wanted by psg etc in the summer. If course the city and Liverpool games were a disgrace but City are in fire and for Liverpool he had verts, kaboul, chiriches and rose all injured, that's FOUR top defenders. We bounced back from the city defeat and I think we would have beaten West Ham last night if we still had avb. I do agree that our football has been pretty dull this season but alot have said avb doesn't learn from his mistakes buti have to disagree. He's young, he changed the floored inverted wingers idea and until the Liverpool result, we looked to have made a bit of progress.

I blame levy, we are ina much better position than before we had levy but I don't think he will take us to the next level. We had dof pre redknapp, it didn't work so he scrapped it, got Redknapp and we had our best period in recent history, then he tried dof again and we've starting slacking again. I know it works in Europe but we tried and failed with it at Spurs already, why does levy insist on keep trying it?

I still think the avb sacking was a bit knee jerk. The guy was wanted by psg etc in the summer. If course the city and Liverpool games were a disgrace but City are in fire and for Liverpool he had verts, kaboul, chiriches and rose all injured, that's FOUR top defenders. We bounced back from the city defeat and I think we would have beaten West Ham last night if we still had avb. I do agree that our football has been pretty dull this season but alot have said avb doesn't learn from his mistakes buti have to disagree. He's young, he changed the floored inverted wingers idea and until the Liverpool result, we looked to have made a bit of progress.

I blame levy, we are ina much better position than before we had levy but I don't think he will take us to the next level. We had dof pre redknapp, it didn't work so he scrapped it, got Redknapp and we had our best period in recent history, then he tried dof again and we've starting slacking again. I know it works in Europe but we tried and failed with it at Spurs already, why does levy insist on keep trying it?

The biggest mistake from AVB was that he managed to look worse than he was. His and our record under him were impressive, but losing 5 or 6 nil makes a very different impact from losing 1 or 2 nil. That has triggered a lot of knee jerk reactions and he is responsible with himself for that

I am not an AVB widow, but to me it's pretty clear that this season we would have finished higher with him than with anybody that will come at the helm. Of course I hope in the middle of May everybody will call me a retarded cunt for this comment, because we will end up in CL, that's not a problem.

It would  have been different if really good and inspiring managers were avaliable (an example: Martinez), but there are not.

It doesn't matter : let's support whoever will be in charge

Worst bit of business I have ever seen. You don't sack you manager over the busiest period of the season. Leaves us vulnerable to 4 or so bad results before we can even repair. Whether Avb was the man for us or not it was moronic to sack him without a replacement at this time. Unfortunately it's us the fans that suffer most from this.

Article on Sky says that AVB knew CL a MINIMUM requirement. That is rubbish. Since he has gone so many have come out & said that it takes longer to get new players settled. We have been in CL once & expect it as a minimum. Deluded and the board need to be realistic or the next Manager is doomed as well.