Spurs Web
CJW1968

The Hoddle Sherwood thread MERGE 1x

Wot does it matter who comes in,its a poison chalice and we're jinxed.it can only happen to spurs.l mean we get 4th & the worst side ever to win the champions league spawn it to deny us.I knew then the repercussions would be catastrophic, Modric I'm off,following year Bale.

Soz for being miz lads

Fuck Hoddle, god on the pitch sadly not off it!

Been outta football management too long, well out of touch. Plus he's put to much cake on!

If we're thinking Hoddle, might as well have Keegan, least he's from Yorkshire, seem to be the only people able to bring our club the success it needs/deserves!

I know a lot of people don't like him personally and I suggest this more as devil's advocate than anything else because I know it will never happen - Neil Lennon?

Obviously he's largely unproven but he has pulled off some major results as Celtic manager in the Champions League. Of course the fact that he's winning the SPL every season means nothing, but he's got a team with considerably less talent than ours actually playing very nice football - fast build up, a lot of one touch passing with nice movement throughout the team. He also seems to have a very good eye for a player, and perhaps most importantly of all he's fostered a great team spirit and got his players all battling and pulling in the same direction, despite the fact that most of the games are walkovers. We could surely do worse.

I know a lot of people don't like him personally and I suggest this more as devil's advocate than anything else because I know it will never happen - Neil Lennon?

Obviously he's largely unproven but he has pulled off some major results as Celtic manager in the Champions League. Of course the fact that he's winning the SPL every season means nothing, but he's got a team with considerably less talent than ours actually playing very nice football - fast build up, a lot of one touch passing with nice movement throughout the team. He also seems to have a very good eye for a player, and perhaps most importantly of all he's fostered a great team spirit and got his players all battling and pulling in the same direction, despite the fact that most of the games are walkovers. We could surely do worse.

Kin hell dream a little bigger darling.

I did say I know it's not going to be Lennon... But I know I'd rather give him a go than that twat Pardew for example. And I'd rather have a young manager than someone like Hiddink (who I admire a lot, fantastic manager) who won't be around for more than 5 years. Although I suppose with Levy at the helm even Guardiola wouldn't last that long.

This is how I see it.  And I hope we don't end up with a caretaker until the end of the season.  Hopefully we can get somebody fast and still have a good season, because there is still a great setup at the club, a quality and deep squad that is underachieving and money to spend.

I'm going to assume all of the following are unattainable:  Klopp, Simeone, Rodgers and obviously Gourdiola.

I would go for these guys in this order:

Hiddink

Frank De Boar (who Cryuff reckons is the next great)

Martinez (obviously would be hard to get after just taking Everton job)

Lippi

Jupp Heynckes

Frank Rijkaard

Rudi Garcia

Laudrup

Di Matteo

Capello (only for a couple of years because he has a great club record, is suited to it, but won't be good for the long term philosophy)

Guys I don't want, due to a poor record or not sufficient enough record for a big job:

Klinsmann

Hoddle (only looked good as England coach imo, due to them needing technical and tactical nous, which he has, but lacks man-management, motivation and other factors needed at club level.  His last spurs side lacked so much heart.  We only played in patches and lacked belief and winning mentality.)

Ginola

Sherwood

Poyet

Luis Enrique

Pochettino (looks the most promising on this list imo)

Alan Sugar wants Sir Alex.  Well, if you can make that happen Alan we will forgive all the years you were chairman.

I did say I know it's not going to be Lennon... But I know I'd rather give him a go than that twat Pardew for example. And I'd rather have a young manager than someone like Hiddink (who I admire a lot, fantastic manager) who won't be around for more than 5 years. Although I suppose with Levy at the helm even Guardiola wouldn't last that long.

I don't have a fucking clue mate. Harry was a success and the club were backed into a corner with that one and only appointed him because we were bottom of the league. AVB was meant to be the young tactical genius that would coach players on the training field and look how that turned out.

I wanted Martinez but we've missed the boat now. Frank De Boer could be our best and only option that's not guaranteed success.

Levy doesn't have a clue.

Capello for me. Class club manager with real pedigree.

Guus Hiddink would also work for me.

Sorry mate,got to disagree,shit with England, untried in PL,seems as boring as what AVB played,if he's employed I hope he changes my mind,fuck knows.

Zola has resigned from Watford,anything to read into?

Was just about to post this too ... I doubt he'd come to Spurs with his Chelsea background though.

Personally, I think De Boer is the man we want.  He only signed a new contract with Ajax in the summer though.

I fancy Hoddle or the Swansea manager to be our next manager.

I'd like to know what Hoddle has done to warrant another crack at the spurs job apart from being a spurs legend and sitting on his arse for years out of work. Bloke gets sacked managing championship sides and has no man management skills. Already failed once before as manager.

Laudrop hasn't done well this season.