Spurs Web
CJW1968

The Hoddle Sherwood thread MERGE 1x

Lets get di Matteo in win the Europa then sack him early next year and appoint Benitez as an interim manager. Sack him the season after and keep the general managerial round about going until it eventually becomes our turn to get mourinho. Finally win the premier league with him then sack him after a couple of bad results the season after.

Laudrup or De boer.

No capello!!

Yeah why would we want a proven club manager....with numerous serie a titles, champions league, super cup, la liga titles, coppa Italia's. Yeah let's ignore proven success and go for unproven young managers that have won fuck all.

Capello's football at club level is effective, winning football and its nowhere near as boring as people are making out. Yes, his time with England was less than spectacular but this guy is a proven winner that can improve our club.

In an ideal world we would all have attacking free flowing football and lots of success. But I doubt that's achievable with the managers currently available, Capello could bring success and that's what I want.

I want to see spurs lift a trophy or two.

Another man to consider: Lucien Favre.  He's got a superb record in Switzerland and Germany.

Won the league for first time in 25 years with Zurich.  Hertha Berlin are very mid table or relegation fodder in Germany, got them to 4th before he lost all the best players. Then went to Borrusia Munchengladbach, got them from bottom place to stay up and then to 4th place next season.  And he plays that expansive attacking high tempo football they are doing so well in Germany in the last five years.

Some of his achievements have been described as miraculous and he brings talented youngsters through.  Could be a good shout as he's proven himself in a big league as well.

But it looks like Capello, now or later.  He is in London right now, Baldini is his big mate etc.

Hoddles team last time was not that bad but he is the same as avb no plan b unable to change games no man management but worst of all our football was shite and set spurs fans against each other please levy even you cant be that stupid on second thoughts you are

Another man to consider: Lucien Favre.  He's got a superb record in Switzerland and Germany.

Won the league for first time in 25 years with Zurich.  Hertha Berlin are very mid table or relegation fodder in Germany, got them to 4th before he lost all the best players. Then went to Borrusia Munchengladbach, got them from bottom place to stay up and then to 4th place next season.  And he plays that expansive attacking high tempo football they are doing so well in Germany in the last five years.

Some of his achievements have been described as miraculous and he brings talented youngsters through.  Could be a good shout as he's proven himself in a big league as well.

But it looks like Capello, now or later.  He is in London right now, Baldini is his big mate etc.

Like the Favre idea a lot, is he still at Monchengladbach? I haven't watched them since Reus left but when he was there some of the football was electrifying.

If there's one way to ensure we become more boring than we already are, it is hiring Capello.

Yeah why would we want a proven club manager....with numerous serie a titles, champions league, super cup, la liga titles, coppa Italia's. Yeah let's ignore proven success and go for unproven young managers that have won fuck all.

Capello's football at club level is effective, winning football and its nowhere near as boring as people are making out. Yes, his time with England was less than spectacular but this guy is a proven winner that can improve our club.

In an ideal world we would all have attacking free flowing football and lots of success. But I doubt that's achievable with the managers currently available, Capello could bring success and that's what I want.

I want to see spurs lift a trophy or two.

Surrey I agree with you and if anything tottenham is a step down for a manager with such calibre. My point is all the people calling for avb at the start and wanting to play the "tottenham way" then accept another tactical (yet brilliant) manager and settle for so called boring football.These people say they'd rather play nice than win things will be singing a different tune if we play boring but come 4th and win an fa cup or Europa.

Roma is a similar club to spurs in many ways.  A big club, but has been in the shadowing of other Italian clubs.  It has won the cup nine times and had two league titles.  Sound familiar?

Guess who turned this club into league champions and got them a third scudetto?

CAPELLO.

What ever you say about him, he does win.

I'm not sure about him long term, due to style and development, but if he can establish us as a big hitter, surely it would be a great call.  We already have a great academy in place, its the first team that needs results right now.  Then maybe your De Boars etc. will be available and ready to come to England in a couple of years and set us up for a long term plan for success with a new stadium etc.

It does look like Capello is the next manager, and it might not be a bad thing.

If we got Capello I think I'd be happy as it would be like an ugly guy going out with a pretty girl. We'd be punching way above our weight. Please nobody tell me you'd rather have laudrup or de boer over Capello.

Like the Favre idea a lot, is he still at Monchengladbach? I haven't watched them since Reus left but when he was there some of the football was electrifying.

If there's one way to ensure we become more boring than we already are, it is hiring Capello.

Still there yea.  They are 4th now on 32 points, with much less quality and depth than spurs.  I agree on style of play, electric, like Dortmund. 

What could he do with our players?

If everyone else you'd want with bigger names is tied up why not offer him a year and half or two year deal and see how he does.

Still there yea.  They are 4th now on 32 points, with much less quality and depth than spurs.  I agree on style of play, electric, like Dortmund. 

What could he do with our players?

If everyone else you'd want with bigger names is tied up why not offer him a year and half or two year deal and see how he does.

Thing is though if you're doing a good job and getting in good league positions in a very strong league happy and job security would you swap it for maybe a year or 2.

If we got Capello I think I'd be happy as it would be like an ugly guy going out with a pretty girl. We'd be punching way above our weight. Please nobody tell me you'd rather have laudrup or de boer over Capello.

Has he learned to speak English yet tho m8

I liked Avb but this season the midfield was shocking and he never has had a plan b. 100m spent but who brought them all a new manager will want his own players and a new system. First thing I would do is recall ekotto to have a back up at left back playing naughton is suicide at left back..... As for a new manager I have no idea best one is gone to Everton

I liked Avb but this season the midfield was shocking and he never has had a plan b. 100m spent but who brought them all a new manager will want his own players and a new system. First thing I would do is recall ekotto to have a back up at left back playing naughton is suicide at left back..... As for a new manager I have no idea best one is gone to Everton

I agree the midfield was shocking but bae can go fuck himself now.