Spurs Web
CJW1968

Adebayor! Adebayor! This is the best club he's ever played for!

Of course people could say that if Ade had had it easy under AVB he wouldn't now be as motivated as he clearly is to perform as well as he is, how do we know that AVB wasn't about to bring him in from the cold fully motivated rather than if he had been played all the time and carried on only giving his previous 30% he might still be like that,  man management is a funny thing and if you never managed anyone then you probably wont understand it, once you make your bed you have to lie in it a bit else you lose credence  .

IF when AVB took over Ade was the top scorer and playing great, and had a good historical stats for us he wouldn't have been overlooked, but he wasn't and he didn't , he had the bad reputation which was  fully deserved or certainly well deserved, so why would he be a shoe in for the first XI with a chequered past like that at WHL, unreliable, inconsistent, seemingly poor attitude even under super motivator Harry , totally get why AVB did what he did with Ade , totally get why Tim is doing what he is doing with him too, as once again if Soldo or JD were banging them in for us then Ade wouldn't likely have been first choice, but they weren't, that cost AVB his job in part as had they been Levy wouldn't have shat himself , so it was an easy decision for Tim , bring Ade back, if it doesn't work he's given him a go and can say 'see' but I had to try him, now give me more time' .  If he did work, and he is, then all's good and Tim looks like a miracle worker when truthfully its a no brainer and no lose decision for him .

Story with Ade and AVB that I heard was that supposedly Ade told him that his tactics and style of football would not work. As he ignored him Ade then supposedly told him the same thing again, only in front of the whole squad.

If it's true, no wonder AVB blanked him

I WANT to support Ade, especially with this form he is in.

I know he came out and blasted AVB.  I would like him to

be a little contrite himself, and put some blame on himself

for his "problems" with AVB.  Don't think he has done anything

like that?

Would allow ME, at least, to appreciate him a little more......

I WANT to support Ade, especially with this form he is in.

I know he came out and blasted AVB. I would like him to

be a little contrite himself, and put some blame on himself

for his "problems" with AVB. Don't think he has done anything

like that?

Would allow ME, at least, to appreciate him a little more......

I don't understand this. He is paid a shit-load of money to score goals. To genuinely earn his wages he needs to be scoring every other game as a minimum. He is not paid to be contrite, likeable or to have any have other endearing human attribute.

Right now he is scoring heavily and pulling a shift = job being done. When that vein of form dries up its "pine time for Ade".

Enough said?

I don't understand this. He is paid a shit-load of money to score goals. To genuinely earn his wages he needs to be scoring every other game as a minimum. He is not paid to be contrite, likeable or to have any have other endearing human attribute.

Right now he is scoring heavily and pulling a shift = job being done. When that vein of form dries up its "pine time for Ade".

Enough said?

Never anticipated my views not to be in the minority.

Shiite.  I don't like Timmy because he wears a track suit on

game day, not a suit.  What do you think of THAT! ;)

Never anticipated my views not to be in the minority.

Shiite. I don't like Timmy because he wears a track suit on

game day, not a suit. What do you think of THAT! ;)

Lol. I think he wore a water proof rain jacket under the sleeveless last nite. No dress sense whatsoever.

I think the worst is Moyes. Looks like a snooker player.

I think it's very easy to just blame Adebayor for falling out with AVB. Adebayor does have a checkered history, but AVB also has a history of falling out with players, including Frank Lampard who's as professional as they come. 

I think AVB has trouble dealing with certain players because he was never a professional footballer and without experience of the dressing room made it difficult for him to manage egos. I think one key factor in Sherwood's success is being able to deal with players and drawing from his own experiences whether they were good or bad. 

Long may Adebayor's form continue.

I think it's very easy to just blame Adebayor for falling out with AVB. Adebayor does have a checkered history, but AVB also has a history of falling out with players, including Frank Lampard who's as professional as they come. 

I think AVB has trouble dealing with certain players because he was never a professional footballer and without experience of the dressing room made it difficult for him to manage egos. I think one key factor in Sherwood's success is being able to deal with players and drawing from his own experiences whether they were good or bad. 

Long may Adebayor's form continue.

Don't disagree with a word you said, TMan.

My only point was just a one sentence, like, "I could have done some things differently, too" would go a long ways with a bloke like me. 

Not that anyone cares....

Story with Ade and AVB that I heard was that supposedly Ade told him that his tactics and style of football would not work. As he ignored him Ade then supposedly told him the same thing again, only in front of the whole squad.

If it's true, no wonder AVB blanked him

unfortunately for AVB it was true