Spurs Web
CJW1968

Sherwood given job to end of the season apparently

Positive:

Sure looks like Timmy "shook" Mr. Levy down?  Think he went into the meeting and Levy said,

"So, I'm going to keep you around for balance of season!"  and Timmy replied, "Uh, no.  This year

AND next or I'm outta here!"  Now Levy goes into panic mode.  ONLY option would be to bring in

Hoddle for the balance of year and, apparently, he didn't like that.  So now he's on the hook for

Timmy's wages, even after he fires him this summer, which, by the way, with one ex-manager on

salary, don't see that happening.

Negative:

A fuckin' track suit?  Shit!  Throw on a ball cap and you and Pulis can go out for beers!

Embarrassing.

Manager of such a great club should wear a suit totally agree. It looks like he's shouted his mouth off and levy has shit himself. Let's be honest he's keeping the seat warm unless he gets top four or wins a trophy. I'll get behind him and hope to see more attacking football. Good decision by levy as it's win win for him

It is a gamble giving the job to a novice manager, however, whoever got the job it would have been a gamble. So I wish him luck and let us hope he does a brilliant job. Under him - so far - we are scoring goals. He's got a good squad to work with. In the two matches we saw him in charge there was a lot of positiveness.

I am sure we will all wish him luck.

I am looking forward to going to the next two games.

COYS

dont care what the cunt wears so long as he does the job well

im not convinced hes the right choice, but hes in charge now..

i really hope he proves me wrong because that means Spurs are doing well.

I didnt want Harry as boss, but never slagged him. Sherwood will probably be the same unless he makes a massive fuck up. The last manager i truely got on the case of was francis - he cant be worse than gerry

dont care what the cunt wears so long as he does the job well

im not convinced hes the right choice, but hes in charge now..

i really hope he proves me wrong because that means Spurs are doing well.

I didnt want Harry as boss, but never slagged him. Sherwood will probably be the same unless he makes a massive fuck up. The last manager i truely got on the case of was francis - he cant be worse than gerry

You're right. Whatever we think, he is in now so we all have to get behind him and hope he delivers the goods.

As for what he wears - is there a more ridiculous sight than seeing a manager standing in the pouring rain wearing a £2000.00 suit. What are they trying to prove?

I've been reading a view angry comments about Tim Sherwood and an alleged ARSEnal connection, including a gooner tattoo on his upper arm. Is there a story here? Im from the old school and won't even intentionally touch one of their shirts and list the George Graham years at Spurs as a wilderness period...tim played well for us. Captained us and has continued his connection with us for almost 10 years. If indeed he has all the ARSEnal connections being reported surely his recent connection with us, the original North London club, should negate any youthful indiscretion...

So he supported the Goons, so what? Bergkamp was a Spurs fan and that didn't stop him playing well against us on a regular basis. They are professionals and will do the job for whoever pays their wages. He made a statement saying "if you cut me in half I bleed the colour of the club"

As to the track suit, I don't think it matters a fuck what he wears.

He was an Arsenal fan, so what.  Once you enter the game that is gone.  He probably won't take as much pleasure in doing them as we would, but won't want to win a game for spurs any less.

As I say, so what.

He's played at Tottenham, worked here for a number of years.  He's more spurs now than any other club and has said as much.  He loves this club and is desperate to do well for himself and the club.  As for any other stories, we don't know what goes on, we don't know what happened with so and so etc.

I've heard he's been a bit of a twat when out drinking, but a lot of decent lads have done worse and I'm sure he's grown up.

What concerns me in giving him a big job is the lack of experience and record.  However, if he does well that goes out the window.

And tell you the truth I think he's doing okay so far.  The first game or two I was very concerned by some things but he's addressed them right off the bat.  One thing you could always say for AVB was the units were tight and cohesive and we didn't give the ball away cheaply.

The West Ham game we were atrocious in those regards.  Next game the units and players were a lot closer, which was good but we still gave the ball away for fun, and that will kill you on counter attacks and tiredness late on.  Still we had enough good play to still beat the saints.

I didn't see the West Brom game, but against Stoke the players were not too far apart, the units were cohesive and we kept the ball very well.  Add this to the things he's added in us playing with much better tempo in our passing, passing the ball forward when we can, much better movement off the ball, more good options for the man on the ball and getting far more men forward when we attack... and it was excellent.

He has also shown already that he might be able to man manage very well.  I mean how well is Adebayor playing?  He needs special man management and then you get this form.  Harry said, 'you need to regularly tell Ade how good he is, not as confident at all as people think'.  Tim has him buzzing and he is involved in everything good we do at the moment! He got Dembele and Pauli playing well, using their ability and also playing well on the same pitch.  He has picked up a few lads that had howlers in some games this season, Naughton and Fryers played very well yesterday. He also seems to get the youngsters fearless and playing well.  They've all done well for him when called upon.

He sees the need for a lad that can play and control the tempo of our passing in the centre of midfield in Eriksen, something I would always advocate.  I'm sure Carroll will be high on the agenda for that role as well.

I'm a little concerned about only two in central midfield, it might be fine against most inferior teams but that can cost you in big matches if you get overun.  However, he seems to have his head screwed on and I'm sure will look at that when necessary.

Bottom line, he was given the job because Levy and others see something in him and decided to give him a go.  I think he's showing some good signs after a shaky beginning.  Let's get behind him and the team, you never know, he could be the best manager we've had since Bill Nic!

COYS!

Here's my message to Tim for the Jan window as well:

1.  Go back for Caulker, bloody good defender we should never have sold, homegrown and a leader.  Kaboul is always injured these days, hate to say it cause he's such a talent but he's on his last chance here.  You can't afford a man like that on the books.  If he doesn't come back strong, and it doesn't look likely, we have to cut the cord.

2.  If you want to play four at the back, and not wingbacks (which imo would suit us better) get a top left back to compete with Rose.  Don't bother with another good one (only top dollar) because Rose is very good and Fryers is a good looking player in the making.

3. Sell Defoe and buy another top striker, and have the 4th striker being one of the promising youngsters like Kane and Coulthirst.  Again, don't bother with a squad man, only get someone lethal if you can.

4. Free up some wages by getting rid of players as well as Defoe that we aren't going to use or aren't up to it, like: Gomes, Livermore, maybe Siggy (as he doesn't impress and we've many that can play his positions better imo) and Kaboul (for injury reasons).

Think he needs to address players positions ie holtby? Siggy? Chadli? Lamela? Paulinho? Townsend To many players don't no there best position.

I don't see an issue on that one Rooko, that'll come quickly imo.

I think they are players that we can see where they can play or should play.  Like Townsend is left wing preferably because he needs to develop on his natural side first anyway.  But he can play right too.

Chadli is very versatile imo and can play almost anywhere in midfield or forward.  He's only shown that recently because before I thought he couldn't play wide and had to come inside like he is with Belgium.

Lamela I reckon can play either side or in a free striker role.  Not much issue there just needs to settle and get going imo.

Holtby is a central midfielder or attacking midfielder.  Could be a star yet, he's got a good brain, work rate and a terrific attitude.  But I reckon he'll struggle to get ahead of Eriksen and Carroll when he comes back.  They seem to just have that bit of extra quality, but I wouldn't write Holtby off on that score just yet all the same.

Pauli is a conundrum alright.  He doesn't seem to know what to do when in central midfield, but comes alive around the box.  He reminds me of Jenas in that sense, but he's a much better ball winner and has a lot more talent on the ball.  Sherwood's use of him coming off the left into the hole seemed to finally get the most out of him.  He wasn't lumbered with build up play, and he's not good at it.  He just had to work his socks off and get himself forward and attack the opposition box, and he's good at both of those.  I reckon he'd be a goalscorer and lay on plenty of goals cutting in off the left and get back to do his job when needed.

Siggy? Who knows, does he even know himself?  Not enough pace to play wide, not enough vision or awareness to influence the game in the centre.  Not enough athleticism to play box to box.  He's got good technique and can finish, but he's lacking a lot in regards to being a top player.  I wouldn't have a clue what to do with Siggy to be honest, except not pick him for a team with our ambitions, which is why I suggested selling him.  I reckon he's a second striker for a team not as good as us.

I see your point, but I think that is going to be fine.  I see it as a positive because many of the players are versatile, which is a sign of plenty of quality.