Spurs Web
CJW1968

Let's Hear it For Tim! Extend His Contract!

Cautiausly optomistic with Tim...still a LONG way to go before we have clarity on whether he's the right man for the job.  I think these results speak to the talent that this squad had in place already and sometimes makes me wonder if just about anyone could have gotten us to where we are now.  After the remaining half of the season we'll get a much better sense of his abilities.

For what I have seen from Tim (Wham in the cup, Stoke at home and ManUre away) I think he deserves to be at the helm for the whole season, and not just because there's no good managers available around, but because he knows the club and the players and he totally fits in the Spurs identity (yes, but trophies please!!!)

At the end of the season we'll see. In any case we need to understand that a consistently winning side needs time to be built and everybody must have patience. To be honest, I wish Tim will be the man, but I don't put any pressure on him.

Calm Down! Calm Down!........Too soon to anoint him the "Solution"...play things out, there's no one knocking at the door to steal him away...Let's see where we are at the end of the year and evaluate then. Knee Jerk reactions aren't good when it comes to strategic managerial decisions

I'm certainly positive and hopeful he'll prove to be the long term solution - I just want to be cautious in my approach.  Tim's turned us around I just want to see how he handles the stress of the final third of the season.

Fucking unreal!

Had 1 in the pub the other day. Was slagging AVB since day 1 whilst defending the players! Now we've got a new bloke incharge, strung a few wins and playing better football, apparently now the players ain't good enough!

Need to find new a planet let alone a new club/sport!

IMO I think were in a position to just give it a fucking go, we've got nothing to lose we're not going to get relegated that's for sure so we've got half a season just to enjoy our football should play with no fear.. couldn't give a fuck about beating top teams, yes it's great but if we replicate the same points tally as the first half were in CL position right? And that's playing shit and not beating the so called big teams. Arse done it last year didn't beat anyone and still got there.

Also think people are missing the fact that levy put ade in the frame? Not Tim ?

Think Tim was the only real appointment we could make hope he brings his no fear and confident attitude to the team, there's definitely an attacking improvement but we don't look strong at the back anymore with unfit rose, slow daws and vlad and loony lloris I just hope Tim's got a trick up he's sleeve to sort that out as it will come back to bite us and also we need to start taking our chances soldado, Pauli, Lennon and ade all guilty of missing sitters....

I just believe if Tim can get verts and rose back fully fit and install confidence in lloris and also get soldado and few other scoring we could really beat anyone and may even surprise ourselfs.. As I said before I'm still waiting to see a fully fit first 11 playing to there full ability!

Sherwood out?

Only kidding (for now) ..... but I was amazed in the complete change in attitude between the Manure and Goons games.

Agreed. We looked confident and strong against United but against Arsenal the players looked scared and timid. 

The way I am feeling at the moment I hope that Sherwood is replaced at the end of the season. Yes we played well in spells, but wasn't good enough to beat a 10 man Arsenal team.

I thought we were lucky against United and should have scored more against Stoke (who where an extremely poor side) and should have definitely beat WBA. We've been knocked out of two competitions under Sherwood. I honestly can't see us winning a trophy under Sherwood or even finishing in the top 4. Maybe in a couple of weeks time I might see it differently.

Some say that AVB should have been sacked; ok, but Levy should have waited until the end of the season to see what direction he was going in. Now we've got an inexperienced novice running one of the top clubs in the world.

The way I am feeling at the moment I hope that Sherwood is replaced at the end of the season. Yes we played well in spells, but wasn't good enough to beat a 10 man Arsenal team.

I thought we were lucky against United and should have scored more against Stoke (who where an extremely poor side) and should have definitely beat WBA. We've been knocked out of two competitions under Sherwood. I honestly can't see us winning a trophy under Sherwood or even finishing in the top 4. Maybe in a couple of weeks time I might see it differently.

Some say that AVB should have been sacked; ok, but Levy should have waited until the end of the season to see what direction he was going in. Now we've got an inexperienced novice running one of the top clubs in the world.

Taking over a side half way through the season during the busiest spell of the football schedule, after a manager walks away without showing any fight or bollocks, what do fans expect from such a short period of time?

I hate to break it to anyone, but Arsenal are a top side and miles ahead of us because of the stability and fixed system they play in. If any fan judges Spurs success with Arsenal you'll forever be disappointed.

We wasn't lucky at United, and quite frankly I'm sick and tired of hearing fans complaining about winning away against a side that's done nothing but get lucky against us with decisions. How many clear cut chances did they make? How many players were they missing? Just RVP. How many players were we missing? 

Should have scored more against Stoke? Yet you didn't think our goal record under AVB was a problem?  When did AVB ever win a home game by 3 goals?

How did AVB do in his first few games in charge? Plus he was lucky that he had a pre season to prepare, but we don't like to acknowledge the difficulty that Tim has faced. 

The West Ham result was bad, yes we got knocked out but come on mate, AVB lost to West Ham 3 nil at home and they ARE a poor side. We lost away to Arsenal - are we going to start calling for managers heads for not winning away at the Emirates?

Don't you see, Levy couldn't wait till the end of the season because he didn't feel AVB was able to take us any further and AVB himself didn't seem bothered about being sacked. 

Inexperience novice? Considering he's taking over a side during the busiest schedule, without the luxury of training, without the luxury of many first team players, but yet has earned 10 points from the possible of 12. Not bad for a novice.

What experience did our greatest manager ever have? What experience did our second greatest manager have? 

I'm getting the impression you support AVB more than the club at the moment. If we win a game it's always because we we're lucky or Stoke are shit, yet under AVB you would find any excuse.

I couldn't see us scoring from open play let alone finishing in the top four or winning trophies under AVB. 

Fans are so hypercritical, one rule for one, sadly I don't find any of this shocking, one manager should be afforded all the time in the world and the next manager can't afford to lose one game because fans will jump on him.

And AVB the guy who tried to use PSG to negotiate a new bloody contract after we took a massive gamble on him.