Spurs Web
CJW1968

Let's Hear it For Tim! Extend His Contract!

Taking over a side half way through the season during the busy spells of the football schedule, after a manager walks away without showing any fight or bollocks, what do fans expect from such a short period of time?

I hate to break it to anyone, but Arsenal are a top side and miles ahead of us because of the stability and fixed system they play in. If any fan judges Spurs success with Arsenal you'll forever be disappointed.

We wasn't lucky at United, and quite frankly I'm sick and tired of hearing fans complaining about winning away against a side that's done nothing but get lucky against us with decisions. How many clear cut chances did they make? How many players were they missing? Just RVP. How many players were we missing?

Should have scored more against Stoke? Yet you didn't think our goal record under AVB was a problem? When did AVB ever win a home game by 3 goals?

How did AVB do in his first few games in charge? Plus he was lucky that he had a pre season to prepare, but we don't like to acknowledge the difficulty that Tim has faced.

The West Ham result was bad, yes we got knocked out but come on mate, AVB lost to West Ham 3 nil at home and they ARE a poor side. We lost away to Arsenal - are we going to start calling for managers heads for not winning away at the Emirates?

Don't you see, Levy couldn't wait till the end of the season because he didn't feel AVB was able to take us any further and AVB himself didn't seem bothered about being sacked.

Inexperience novice? Considering he's taking over a side during the busy schedules, without the luxury of training, without the luxury of many first team players, but yet has earned 10 points from the possible of 12. Not bad for a novice.

What experience did our greatest manager ever have? What experience did our second greatest manager have?

I'm getting the impression you support AVB more than the club at the moment. If we win a game it's always because we we're lucky or Stoke are shit, yet under AVB you would find any excuse.

I couldn't see us scoring from open play let alone finishing in the top four or winning trophies under AVB.

Fans are so hypercritical, one rule for one, sadly I don't find any of this shocking, one manager should be afforded all the time in the world and the next manager can't afford to lose one game because fans will jump on him.

And AVB the guy who tried to use PSG to negotiate a new bloody contract after we took a massive gamble on him.

Agree 100% mate.

I get the feeling that Levy was "trapped" when he fired AVB. No "name" was available in

the middle of the season. Timmy was the only one available that knew the side. He shook down

Levy for the extra year, knowing that his(Levy) interest would wander after the season was over and the names would

be more available.

I am with the Voice on this one. Sherwood is no way experienced enough for this job. He appears arrogant and insisting his tactics were right yesterday when clearly they were not is beyond belief. AVB was let down by his Man management skills(Ade & BAE) & i do not expect Sherwood to be any different. Should either have supported AVB until the end of the season or put in an experienced Manager in Hoddle who hopefully has learned from past mistakes and still has a lot of respect in the game. All the other top clubs have an experienced Manager but Levy knows better and risks a novice. I believe he is wrong and it is onlya matter of time before he has gone. 2 poor defeats against our nearest neighbours and out of 2 competitions. 

We did have a bit of luck against MU. It was a close game. MU usually will get the PK decision at home even if their player dived.

Eriksen scored the goal because Lennon's pass took a deflection off a MU player.

Even Sherwood thought it's a PK at the time.

Taking over a side half way through the season during the busiest spell of the football schedule, after a manager walks away without showing any fight or bollocks, what do fans expect from such a short period of time?

I hate to break it to anyone, but Arsenal are a top side and miles ahead of us because of the stability and fixed system they play in. If any fan judges Spurs success with Arsenal you'll forever be disappointed.

We wasn't lucky at United, and quite frankly I'm sick and tired of hearing fans complaining about winning away against a side that's done nothing but get lucky against us with decisions. How many clear cut chances did they make? How many players were they missing? Just RVP. How many players were we missing? 

Should have scored more against Stoke? Yet you didn't think our goal record under AVB was a problem?  When did AVB ever win a home game by 3 goals?

How did AVB do in his first few games in charge? Plus he was lucky that he had a pre season to prepare, but we don't like to acknowledge the difficulty that Tim has faced. 

The West Ham result was bad, yes we got knocked out but come on mate, AVB lost to West Ham 3 nil at home and they ARE a poor side. We lost away to Arsenal - are we going to start calling for managers heads for not winning away at the Emirates?

Don't you see, Levy couldn't wait till the end of the season because he didn't feel AVB was able to take us any further and AVB himself didn't seem bothered about being sacked. 

Inexperience novice? Considering he's taking over a side during the busiest schedule, without the luxury of training, without the luxury of many first team players, but yet has earned 10 points from the possible of 12. Not bad for a novice.

What experience did our greatest manager ever have? What experience did our second greatest manager have? 

I'm getting the impression you support AVB more than the club at the moment. If we win a game it's always because we we're lucky or Stoke are shit, yet under AVB you would find any excuse.

I couldn't see us scoring from open play let alone finishing in the top four or winning trophies under AVB. 

Fans are so hypercritical, one rule for one, sadly I don't find any of this shocking, one manager should be afforded all the time in the world and the next manager can't afford to lose one game because fans will jump on him.

And AVB the guy who tried to use PSG to negotiate a new bloody contract after we took a massive gamble on him.

For fuck sake lads get of Sherwood's back,we were never gona win at arsenal no matter who was in charge,he picks the team ,they have to perform and they didn't,11players to blame not Tim Sherwood,not fucking good enough end of story!!

Must say I'm not totally sold on Sherwood, but wasn't interested in any of the guys we were linked with.....avb? We're never know, could have made us great but could have destroyed us??

I don't think Sherwood is the man to mimic wenger or fergie and fully expect to see the back of him come the end of the season as I don't think he's ready to manager one of the top teams in the country.

For now we really have no choice but to support Tim and to be honest I don't think he's done a lot wrong, with injuries and short time can't see how people expect any different.

Ultimately it comes down to the players, Tim's saying just go out and play which has taken pressure of the lads but yesterday they looked scared or didn't seem to care the attidude was all wrong and I don't think Tim or anyone could change anything about that.

The players don't look like tottenham players, they have no identity. Also we have no leadership on the pitch, with hardly any players that have real grit. All of which has nothing to do with Tim.

personally, I give a shit. we are out of two competitions... and what? We are in the euro league and can still manage fourth this season.

But what really concerns me is that we don't have a team, yet! No spirit and there's no vibe for each other on the pitch. To all of you skeptics, we have a star ensemble, right now! But you need to know how to direct!

But maybe this is the point. Too many cooks spoil the broth! Star players need a star manager, who knows how to handle them! 

We didn't have star players in the past. We made them. The players as a team were a star. Tottenham as a club is a star!

Fucking hell, we have all the qualities and potential it needs to reach the first spots. If Tim can only light a fire, like Harry did in his days. But nevertheless I do believe, cause Tim is more passionated and loves english football more than a plastic like AVB ever could! 

For fuck sake lads get of Sherwood's back,we were never gona win at arsenal no matter who was in charge,

i dont necessarily believe that mate

however the team , the players, need to take some of the blame too

as mentioned in other threads - far too friendly for a derby

A sign of a good manager is the response in defeat. We looked poor, embarrassed the fans with what I thought was a woeful performance. I didn't like rose (semi) bad mouthing avb with respect to soldado. That sort of voice needs cutting out the team; what goes on tour stays (sort of!). The problem is we bought an unbalanced team and we've ended up selling generationally our best player, only for our bitter rivals to pick up one of their best to fund this transfer. If this wasn't known at boardroom level in advance then levy doesn't really know what he's doing. I'm disappointed that avb didn't work out, but always behind the manager whoever that may be. Sherwood is not quite the novice as made out. He will promote youth and knows the club and forget the Gooner tag; he's ambitious and conducts himself well in interviews. He ain't perfect but really who is?

i dont necessarily believe that mate

however the team , the players, need to take some of the blame too

as mentioned in other threads - far too friendly for a derby

That's the thing that pissed me off about Saturdays game. We didn't show any fight, no 'proper' derby type challenges. They acted like a bunch of pussies. 

That's the thing that pissed me off about Saturdays game. We didn't show any fight, no 'proper' derby type challenges. They acted like a bunch of pussies. 

and as i said in another thread...its infuriating to see les and tim sharing a joke when we're one nill down in a derby match

i repeat

there is nothing funny about losing to a bunch of homos managed by a paedophile and supported by gypsies

the only people who really wanted to win were the fans

You need some tasty challenges to put off that Arsenal side.  What annoyed me most about Walcott's taunt was he knew the game was over; it's just us fans that were left truly frustrated.  I don't know what happened with regards to the laugh, but I agree; there's a time and place for this and when you are 1-0 you have to have a tactical mind on how to exploit their weakeness'.  I don't think Arsenal hit top gear and that's what hurts most.  Tim should be judged on the remainder of this season and supported to the bitter end.  It can still be a fantastic year; we have managed to keep up with the top somehow, despite being the poorest looking side in the top 8, maybe even top 10.  Our next few games will show if we have enough and I'm not referring to depth of squad; do we have enough of the want to make this a success.  There are lots to look forward to in terms of emerging talent, but we really have got to sort out defensively where we are.  Dawson shouldn't be captain long term; he looks like he has a hear of gold, but we really need a dependable leader; one that can shake our side up when needed.  Vlad is doing some crazy stuff; strange after a great performance at Man Utd.  We need consistency!  Have Sherwood provide this platform?  We'll see in the next few games.  It is hard for him as he has a depleted squad but he reckoned he was good enough for the seat so he's got to deal with it.  If he succeeds in this tough period he deserves a lot of praise.

Small squad over a busy 17 day period where we had to play 6 games, with a new manager and without key first team players.

Vlad, Rose, Dembele, Lennon all coming back from injuries, I wonder how fit they are?

We looked fatigued, I don't subscribe to our lads showing a lack of fight, I just think we looked poor in the final third. 

Arsenal capitalized on our mistakes.

They certainly did capitalize on our mistakes...we just don't do the same it seems.  Christian not finishing that gift was key to that game...he scores that and Arsenal are forced to open up and we're able to play a more counter attack type game.  

We must have so many walking wounded - looking at the reserve players there wasn't any firepower ready to make an apperance if required.  I was shocked to see only one substitution by Tim - at least I would have thought he would have brought Kane on for the last ten minutes when that douche canoe Walcunt went out with an injury.

Folks need to back off of Danny Rose - he made a mistake and it cost us a goal.  He knows it.  There's nothing that can be done to change it. Should we slag off Lloris for his blunders? 

There are holes on this team and it may be time for Levy (well to fuck off) but to take from strength - midfield - to improve the back line.

We couldn't do much better than we did, considering the small squad (yes, even woolwich had a few players out, but not the same weight as Sandro, Paulinho and Verts).

With that squad, cleary the arse were the better team, but up until Rose's mistake we were well into the game. I agree with Joe, nobody knows more than Rose how big was that mistake and how shit he's been for most of the game, but we should back him up: he will be a good player, and improvement comes also from shit games like this

We couldn't do much better than we did, considering the small squad (yes, even woolwich had a few players out, but not the same weight as Sandro, Paulinho and Verts).

With that squad, cleary the arse were the better team, but up until Rose's mistake we were well into the game. I agree with Joe, nobody knows more than Rose how big was that mistake and how shit he's been for most of the game, but we should back him up: he will be a good player, and improvement comes also from shit games like this

The player Arsenal had missing were just missing for that game. Whilst our key players were out for the whole 17 game period.

But I agree mate.

The player Arsenal had missing were just missing for that game. Whilst our key players were out for the whole 17 game period.

But I agree mate.

It would have been like them missing Arteta, Flamini, Koscielny and Walcunt. It was painful, but not as much as other NLDs

It would have been like them missing Arteta, Flamini, Koscielny and Walcunt. It was painful, but not as much as other NLDs

Very reluctant to highlight Arsenal's missing players as I basically don't care but do we not think Ramsey & Giroud and Ozil as late sub are not players of 'weight'? I was hearing from Spurs fans leading up to this game how relieved they were that those 3 were out.

I agree about Rose, apart from those on here who might not rate him to begin with, abusing him for one rare moment of over confidence/stupidity and suggesting he never plays again is such a knee jerk reaction. The same reaction given to Lloris and Chiriches recently. For so long people were wondering if Rose would return so Verts didn't have to cover and now there's call for Verts to hurry back to be left back again! I know Sky Sports could get a montage of clips of EPL players who are better than Rose all making similar costly errors or missing clear cut chances on goal and owned up to it and weren't dropped, shouldn't have been dropped and carried on. I happen to believe Rose deserves to be treated this way.

Taking over a side half way through the season during the busiest spell of the football schedule, after a manager walks away without showing any fight or bollocks, what do fans expect from such a short period of time?

That is why AVB should have been left in charge and allowed to do it his way. Why put a novice in charge? There is a possibility of disastrous consequences. The second part of your statement is bollocks. He didn’t walk away and did show a fight. He stood up against a director who put him in an awkward position. Anybody that had guts would have told Levy to stick it. Your third point; I agree. What do fans expect from such a short period of time; AVB was given 7 players to embed (4 of those players he didn’t want). Considering all that he was still in a good position, in all cup competitions and had a very good defence before injuries. Liverpool beat us with 5 goals and we only had ten men. City beat us 6-0 at their fortress. You also stated – below – that Arsenal is a top side and miles ahead of us; but they conceded 6 goals, as we did at City’s fortress. Which tells me that they conceded 6 goals against a very, very good team.

Second point you made: As you said; Arsenal are a top side. But that didn’t stop us playing very well against them under AVB and only conceding one; and in my opinion we should have had a draw. AVB’s team against Arsenal was a better team than Sherwood picked against Arsenal.

Whether we were lucky or not against United they are a poor side. WBA, Newcastle, Spurs, Swansea (in the cup), Liverpool, City (who put 4 past them) and Everton. They are not that good and probably have the same chance as us for a top 4th spot. City, Arsenal and Chelsea will have three of those spots. Everton, united, Spurs and Liverpool will be fighting for the other one.

Should have scored more against Stoke? Yet you didn't think our goal record under AVB was a problem?  When did AVB ever win a home game by 3 goals?

True, but we don’t know what we would have scored against Stoke under AVB.

For a first season manager we finished quite well actually. This season we will never know how he finished; but I bet a lot higher than Sherwood and a place in the top 4.

I’ve already gave my opinion about Spurs at the Emirates under AVB above. Yes, I agree that our match against West Ham was poor, but look at United last season and they won the league; but had some poor results against lower teams. West Ham are the only poor team that beat us this season. That really doesn’t tell you that much.

As I said; Levy wasn’t going to sack AVB if he kowtowed to his demands; therefore he wasn’t thinking that AVB couldn’t take us further. Remember; we are talking about Levy who hasn’t got a good history in making the right decisions. How do you know he wasn’t bothered about being sacked? What we do know he was bothered about is being put into an awkward position by Levy; to me he did the honourable thing. Not to have done so would have shown his weakness. And not decent and good manager can work under those conditions.

Inexperience novice? Considering he's taking over a side during the busiest schedule, without the luxury of training, without the luxury of many first team players, but yet has earned 10 points from the possible of 12. Not bad for a novice.

Against who? Stoke (poor team), WBA (who has no manager) and a poor United team. The one exception is Southampton who are not doing that well at the moment and where punching above their own weight. The only quality team he faced beat his team.

Bill Nicholson was an assistant manager to Walter Winterbottom and they both went to the World Cup in 1958. So had some experience dealing with top teams. When he was appointed manager it took him 3 years to build the double winning team/ winning trophies.
The second best manager Arthur Rowe managed Chelsmford City and they won the Southern League cup. When he took over Spurs they were in the second division.

Then you would be wrong.

I could, but I can’t – at the moment – under Sherwood.
I agree “fans are so hypercritical etcâ€; and that is why we should have given AVB until the end of the season. The same chance you want for Sherwood.
That has been denied (abut PSG). This was just paper talk.

Definitely NO to Rose! And not because of the match against the arse! He made disapointing mistakes in every period of his career. How many chances do you want to give him. I gave him all chances he has needed to prove what he is like. But he didn't prove it, because he just isn't good enough for a team with our ambitions. And I'm not destructive like that bunch of people, who call themselves a yiddo, but who are critizising and blaming every single player, only to post shit comments without any thought behind. Just to revise what they said in the next moment to kiss some asses here in the forum!

Rose just isn't the player we all wish to see in him! Remember O'Hara? You all behave like the old man in the joke, god will save me! Rose is only playing, cause we don't have any other options and Zeki doesn't seem to be ready enough! This is the only reason, why trust is given to him. Simple as that! We need a decent left back more than anything else and if possible in winter. Our academy players and the reserves make a good impression and they will get their playing time under Tim. Except of our Strikers, we have a pretty young squad which needs to develope. Tottenham was before and will exist further on, even without Bale and Modric. I still believe in Ade, I still believe in Soldado, I still believe in Kyle (Walker of course), Leny, Lamela, Erik, Daws... and I still believe in my beloved Tottenham!  

"All we are saying, is give Tim a chance"

COYS!

Get an experienced manager? Yeh Stoke have one, where the fuck are they? Man Utd have one, where the fuck are they? Newcastle have one, where the fuck are they? I could go on and on and on. We've had experienced managers and experience guarantees nothing!

Don't give me all this shit about Sherwood; "he's a Gooner", "having a joke with Ferdinand when we're 1-0 down", "inexperienced", "naïve", "can't play 4-4-2 every game" etc etc etc.  I'm sick of people moaning about something all the time.

Why the hell can't you whingers be positive for a change, if you have this attitude in general and only see the negative in everything it's a wonder you get through a fucking day without killing yourselves!!!!!

Go see a psychiatrist, take a chill pill and relax!