Spurs Web
Knightwriter

Dembele and Paulinho

There's no way on this earth we will sell/loam Holtby, Chadli, Siggy, Capoue, Lamela. Maybe one at most but I wouldn't be at all surprised if all 5 are still at the club end of January. It's all just the same old press/media bollocks we always get in the transfer window. Nothing is happening in general and as always they need to make up stories.

We must not sell Capoue as he is the best option as a holding midfielder if Sandro keeps getting injured. Lamela needs to be given a chance and time, plus we would never recoup our outlay, so we MUST keep him. The other 3 are squad players, but we need a big squad. It's all very well saying they won't get games if we have a fit squad, but we never do, so they will get opportunities. If we only want players who want a guaranteed start in every game then it won't happen. We will end up with 11 good players and 14 also-rans that will not be up to it if the staring 11 get injured, then we are fucked!

Europa League starts again soon and we will be able to give players opportunities then and will need to rotate the squad. Plus you can guarantee that at no time between now and the end of the season will we have a completely fit squad and so will always have to play players who aren't necessarily first choice-that's football.

I say we hang onto everyone and I won't be surprised as I said before if no one leaves in this window.

There's no way on this earth we will sell/loam Holtby, Chadli, Siggy, Capoue, Lamela. Maybe one at most but I wouldn't be at all surprised if all 5 are still at the club end of January. It's all just the same old press/media bollocks we always get in the transfer window. Nothing is happening in general and as always they need to make up stories.

We must not sell Capoue as he is the best option as a holding midfielder if Sandro keeps getting injured. Lamela needs to be given a chance and time, plus we would never recoup our outlay, so we MUST keep him. The other 3 are squad players, but we need a big squad. It's all very well saying they won't get games if we have a fit squad, but we never do, so they will get opportunities. If we only want players who want a guaranteed start in every game then it won't happen. We will end up with 11 good players and 14 also-rans that will not be up to it if the staring 11 get injured, then we are fucked!

Europa League starts again soon and we will be able to give players opportunities then and will need to rotate the squad. Plus you can guarantee that at no time between now and the end of the season will we have a completely fit squad and so will always have to play players who aren't necessarily first choice-that's football.

I say we hang onto everyone and I won't be surprised as I said before if no one leaves in this window.

Totally agree mate,all young, talented players that have a very big part to play, but we all know Levy ;-)

One thing we have to take into consideration is agents will always start rumours when their clients aren't playing.

But that being said, we seem to cause most of these problems ourselves. We have 8 new players (if you count Holtby), all wanting first team football, under a manager that hadn't been at the club for long - imagine how chaotic that is when the manager that brought all these players to the club gets sacked?

I don't see a plan, I don't see a club pulling in the right direction and I think that's trickled it's way down to the fans. When Levy has time to make a decision, or plan for the future, more often than not he ends up making the wrong choice. Sherwood, just like Jol and Harry, seems to be a decision forced upon him and normally these decisions end up being unintentional masterstrokes. 

Under Harry we had a settled side, we had stability, the only thing missing was squad improvement, we needed a couple of key signings to help us move to the next level. Because our biggest flaw was we had no real quality or balance once a couple players started to get injured. AVB had the same problem, but by that time we started to lose key players that made us such a threatening prospect to becoming a top side. 

We've just come out of a situation where we didn't have many options from the bench, now all of a sudden players want to leave at the first sign, but we have to remember the season hasn't finished yet and we'll need a big squad. I'd rather have a big squad with players being unhappy, than having a happy small squad, players need to grow up and take responsibility.

I find the mass hysteria over selling Holtby to be laughable quite frankly, especially when fans blame Sherwood even though it's quite clear that Daniel Levy makes the decisions. Would Holtby make our starting 11? How important is he? Players need time to settle, but we've backed ourselves into a corner where we have 8 new players, a big squad and another new manager. There's going to be casualties and this time Bambi has to go unfortunately. 

But selling Capoue doesn't make sense unless he's being a cunt behind the scenes. The guy is seriously talented, he's our only natural option to replacing the injury prone Sandro. I'd hope this is BS and Sherwood manages to keep him happy because I truly believe he'll turn out to be a very important player in the future.

I'm not sure what Chadli is moaning about, he's been wank all season and has played loads of games. Pipe down son, earn your place through training hard and good performances. 

I don't think Lamela has earned any special treatment, but Sherwood needs to get this lad playing well ASAP otherwise we'll lose him to a club that ends up seeing his true talents. I think selling Defoe and playing Lamela off the striker will make a positive impact for us, he has the ability to affect change at the highest level and if it means favoring him over others than that's what we need to do.

I think this is an incredibly difficult situation for any manager to walk into. I'm seriously worried if we continue to make managerial changes whilst creating a working environment that doesn't have a clear vision, because make no mistake, if you don't have hundreds of millions to spend, your only hope is stability and teamwork. 

If Arse get Draxler then I will be miffed.

Not sure why they need him with Ozil and Cazorla already there. No doubt Levy will flog Holtby anyhow because money talks, especially if he is making a profit which is likely.

LWF. 

Would be nice to see Draxler as a part of a Holtby deal! 15 mill + Levy. uh… I mean, Lewis of course!

Realistically there is nothing stopping us from selling siggy, Capoue, naughton, chadli and maybe even holtby and replacing them with 1 top player like draxler.

Realistically there is nothing stopping us from selling siggy, Capoue, naughton, chadli and maybe even holtby and replacing them with 1 top player like draxler.

Good point. I don't think many of us would be complaining if that happened.

I agree, but I'm not sure about capoue. I think he is multiple usable and not to be underestimated. He can be used as DM, CM and because of his pace as a RB as well, I guess. Would be too harsh to send him off, without given him a chance!