Spurs Web
TURKISH

PL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Man City

Your predictions?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Match outcome?

Anyone who thinks Rose sending off decided the outcome of this game are as deluded as Sherwood's ignorance and arrogance in thinking Betoleb should have started in this game!!

Are you saying Capoue's presence in the starting 11 would have altered the result? By how many goals do you reckon - 1, 2 or 3?

Also are you saying Rose getting sent off didn't affect the score? I think we would have been beaten but not by 4.

As shit as we were last night, I'm not too disheartened.

Our main problems have been the CB and defensive mid positions. Jan and Sandro's returns are imminent. We'll be alright once we get these two back.

I still can't believe how shit our new signings have been this season though. Whoever scouted them out needs shooting. Absolute wank, the lot of 'em.

Macs our & fofspurs

And there you go, exactly what I am saying!!

Of course Rose getting sent off didn't help, but it just gives an excuse for accepting getting smashed! Also this was not a game for Betoleb, the same as the Arse away wasn't. But it's ok for Sherwood to be this stubborn! When you have far more experience international players available.!

Are you saying Capoue's presence in the starting 11 would have altered the result? By how many goals do you reckon - 1, 2 or 3?

Also are you saying Rose getting sent off didn't affect the score? I think we would have been beaten but not by 4.

i think capoue would have made it more difficult for them to run through us at will in the first 20 or so minutes...

I think we would have retained the ball better, and won it more often.

At Hull the players will be loving it because they will have more of the ball and create good chances so they will be bothered in that game but when they have to dig in and fight they cant be arsed, unlike Newcastle when they played City, their players dug in and deserved something out of it. City got more chances in the first half last night than the whole of the Newcastle game a few weeks ago.

woke up this morning to reflect on last night. Came away from the game really pissed off, not because of the defeat (expected that), not because of the performance (as I thought we played OK), but because of the way we lost.

Started slow, but had a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside and saw Aguero hobble off just before half time. So at that point we were in the game and should have been level. Came out second half and felt confident we might get something as although City had majority of the ball they were at times clearly rattled.

And then the officials step in once again! Great tackle sees a penalty given and a red card, down to 10 men. 2-0 down, 10 men and we're fucked! City are a class act and too be honest should be romping this league, they make Chelsea look like clowns and it's no disgrace to lose to them. I'm just really pissed over the way we lost, poxy officials! Oh, and I've forgotten the fact that Toure should have been sent off!

Still, 3 points lost, which I expected and so onto the next game. Winnable at Hull and some other games coming up that could define our season. We have players coming back from injury and we can still snatch top 4 place.

One last thing that pisses me off though is the people on here who once again jump on the bandwagon of slagging off team selection, player performance etc the minute we lose. Seems to me that there are too many people who expect us to win every game and if we don't then they're all wankers, gutless, should be sold etc.

For those of you who make those comments, just sit back, reflect on your thoughts/comments and get a reality check. City are probably the best team in Europe, have untold millions invested in the team and in all honestly we cannot compete with them. As to our crap defence, other than the games against City, Liverpool and West Ham we have by far and away the least goals conceded in the Premier League. Those 4 games have cost us badly in terms of goal difference, but at the end of the day whether you lose 1-0 or 6-0 you still only drop 3 points.

Yesterday was no disgrace taking into account the circumstances in that we still had a lot of players missing and were screwed by bad officials.

COY!!!!

woke up this morning to reflect on last night. Came away from the game really pissed off, not because of the defeat (expected that), not because of the performance (as I thought we played OK), but because of the way we lost.

Started slow, but had a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside and saw Aguero hobble off just before half time. So at that point we were in the game and should have been level. Came out second half and felt confident we might something as although City had majority of the ball they were at times clearly rattled.

And then the officials step in once again! Great tackle sees a penalty given and a red card, down to 10 men. 2-0 down, 10 men and we're fucked! City are a class act and too be honest should be romping this league, they make Chelsea look like clowns and it's no disgrace to lose to them. I'm just really pissed over the way we lost, poxy officials!

Still, 3 points lost, which I expected and so onto the next game. Winnable at Hull and some other games coming up that could define our season. We have players coming back from injury and we can still snatch top 4 place.

One last thing that pisses me off though is the people on here who once again jump on the bandwagon of slagging off team selection, player performance etc the minute we lose. Seems to me that there are too many people who expect us to win every game and if we don't then they're all wankers, gutless, should be sold etc.

For those of you who make those comments, just sit back, reflect on your thoughts/comments and get a reality check. City are probably the best team in Europe, have untold millions invested in the team and in all honestly we cannot compete with them. As to our crap defence, other than the games against City, Liverpool and West Ham we have by far and away the least goals conceded in the Premier League. Those 4 games have cost us badly in terms of goal difference, but at the end of the day whether you lose 1-0 or 6-0 you still only drop 3 points.

Yesterday was no disgrace taking into account the circumstances in that we still had a lot of players missing and were screwed by bad officials.

COY!!!!

Very well put mate 100% spot on.

Started slow, but had a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside and saw Aguero hobble off just before half time. So at that point we were in the game and should have been level. Came out second half and felt confident we might something as although City had majority of the ball they were at times clearly rattled.

And then the officials step in once again! Great tackle sees a penalty given and a red card, down to 10 men. 2-0 down, 10 men and we're fucked! City are a class act and too be honest should be romping this league, they make Chelsea look like clowns and it's no disgrace to lose to them. I'm just really pissed over the way we lost, poxy officials!

COY!!!!

Great post Nellis

Against a team like City you must set out your intentions from the start.

Ours was not to press, not to tackle and basically let city pass it around/through us as they pleased. Aguero was awesome and gave a performance for 40 minutes that can only be applauded.

When we actually got in their faces for 10 minutes before half time we rattled them. The linesman was a disgrace and should be punished for making that terrible decision. Being there in realtime I would have bet my house that it was never a penalty but that clown thought otherwise and in turn killed the game. Every fan in the ground could have walked out of the stadium at that point.

On the plus side we don't have to play city again unlike most of our rivals. Players are returning from injury and these are important first team players... it's not all doom and gloom like some on here love it to be.

Hopefully Tim has learned one or two lessons from last night and lets' take 3 points off the tigers at the weekend. COYS

Who saw the Toffees get well & truly stuffed? The teams in 5-8 are well being Citeh - so the realitye is we aren't anywhere near Citeh - I don't think anyone is.

We can bang on about defence abd defensive midfield but we are absolutely innefective in the attacking 3rd. We need physical strength and quality there - Ade got pushed off the ball all too often. A Bony/Benteke type required for these games - lob it long bring it to ground and genuinely pacey attacking mids sweep in.

Siggy & Lennon and Erikssen got pushed off the ball too easily too. Points .

1: Lennon looks like he has reached his best before date

2: anyone ever hear of a concept called running into form. You cannot expect Siggy to pull the splinters from his arse from spending so much time on the pine and come into perform against the highest scoring team in the PL

3: if Lennon and Siggy got monstered that what would have happened to Lamela?

4: that was the best 90 mins of football education that Bentaleb will have ever received. He will grow from that.

5: we need to be honest. Building a team is a project not an overnight event.

We need to take 5th and play all the fringe players in Europa. Focus on the FA cup and the League next year.

This football analysis is a doddle - just wait until the game is over and then come up with all the answers !

If nothing else, last night's game (and our reaction to it) shows just how difficult it is. For example, if you take the comment I have copied above, I will answer as follows:-

I thought Adey did ok - he covered the ground and got stuck in - his close ball control has never been brilliant, but how many times did he lose the ball to a single opponent (other than the hoof and hope balls we resorted to at times)? The Man City players crowded around him.

We can all find gems of players we want/need, but who the fuck had heard of Bony before he went to Swansea - last season everyone was raving about Benteke and Michu, but Michu may have retired for all I know and Benteke has been complete and utter shit for 90% of the season.

Lennon looked awful because Man City targeted the channels between Walker and Lennon. Tim should have changed it, but did not switch Lennon to the left until after 40 minutes. That is not Lennon's fault.

If Siggy wasn't in form, then why the fuck did Tim pick him? We have to face facts - Siggy has rarely played well for us and yesterday it was as if he was still on the bench!

I think it may possibly be a tad unfair to slag off a player who didn't even get on the pitch (and who has been injured). Do you think we would have lost 6-1 or 7-1 if Lamela had been playing? What do you base that premise on?

Bentaleb was our worst player. He was fucking awful. I'm not saying he has not been good in the past, but all he learned last night was to pretend to be injured before the next Man City game (if he has any sense). Capoue looked better when he came on, but he does seem to be a lazy git at times !

Building a team? Bollocks. How did Man Utd go for 20 years without having to 'build'? OK, new players have to settle, but even that excuse is wearing thin now. Why does it take Spurs' players longer to settle than those at the other clubs?

This is not a direct dig at fofspur, who has made some good comments in the past. I just picked it to show how even us fans cannot agree after the game, so trying to figure it all out beforehand must be near impossible.

Last night depressed me more than all the other hammerings we have received this season put together. It was certainly not a penalty or a sending off, but other teams get angry when that happens. We just gave up completely. It is not the score that was embarrassing - it was our attitude and complete lack of fight. After Rose went off, I reckon we all knew what was coming. The players certainly did.

I love Spurs - always have and always will ...... but after last night I have just about given up on them ever achieving anything of note. 

no point giving up crom

this season will see more dissapointments

but it will also see moments of joy..of pure pleasure... there will be times when the love of tottenham will make even crappy situations feel just that little bit better.times  when you will cheer along with mates, and even people on the board that you dont agree with/think are twats

we will be glorious (at times) in defeat, imperious (at times) in victory... frustrating and marvellous....why?

because we are tottenham

COYS

Started slow, but had a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside and saw Aguero hobble off just before half time. So at that point we were in the game and should have been level. Came out second half and felt confident we might get something as although City had majority of the ball they were at times clearly rattled.

And then the officials step in once again! Great tackle sees a penalty given and a red card, down to 10 men. 2-0 down, 10 men and we're fucked! City are a class act and too be honest should be romping this league, they make Chelsea look like clowns and it's no disgrace to lose to them. I'm just really pissed over the way we lost, poxy officials! Oh, and I've forgotten the fact that Toure should have been sent off!

COY!!!!

yeh yeh come on and be that cool during or immediately after the match, not the next morning, people are saying things with the emotions still present at the time of typing, you've slept on it and calmed down so can be more rational, get a perspective , hell you should all be in match chat ffs

yeh yeh come on and be that cool during or immediately after the match, not the next morning, people are saying things with the emotions still present at the time of typing, you've slept on it and calmed down so can be more rational, get a perspective , hell you should all be in match chat ffs

probably best for all of you that i wasnt there this morning