Spurs Web
TURKISH

PL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Man City

Your predictions?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Match outcome?

It still amazes me. We are 1/2,way through the season and we can't name the best starting 11 - regardless of formation - or can we?

Only definites right now are Lloris, Walker, Verts, Erikssen, Ade - plus Rose is in by default. That makes 6 - just over half. Who else are lock-ins?

A fit Sandro.

It still amazes me. We are 1/2,way through the season and we can't name the best starting 11 - regardless of formation - or can we?

Only definites right now are Lloris, Walker, Verts, Erikssen, Ade - plus Rose is in by default. That makes 6 - just over half. Who else are lock-ins?

isn't it a good thing that we don't know our best 11.... Shows we have good squad, no?

Wtf, why has everyone left dembele out, only real complete midfielder we have, strong defensively and technically superb. He needs to match up against toure. Best I've seen us in a fluid 4-3-3 so I'd go with what Tim will pick

Lloris

Walker verts vlad Rose

Lennon dembele bentaleb

Why or 'wtf', haha do some people suggest Dembele is a complete midfield player?

If he was then he'd be perfect with Sandro, but we lack creativity and passing ability in that partnership, as has been proven many times.  But they are both top players and you can win the ball well.  We have often had trouble getting a goal when they have played together.  It's not bad, but not ideal either.

You could be more attacking and go with Dembele instead of Sandro.  I guess that is the decision.  Or you could be defensive and go with both and hope to win the ball and counter attack, like we did last year.  It's just more limiting.  It would probably be more ideal to have a guy that can put his foot on it and make us tick more coherently with one of them, which is why most are going with Bentaleb (who made more tackles and more successful tackles than Moussa against Swansea by the way).

There is more of a case for building most of your attacks on the counter against a team like City though, so there is a case for going with Sandro and Dembele.

I'd actually be inclined to start Dembele as a left wing forward on Wednesday, so he can use his abilities where it can really do some damage.  And bring on Townsend when the game gets more stretched and the right back is getting tired.

Dembele is strong and good on the ball, but complete? NO!

He rarely makes a penetrating forward pass, does not make 30-40 yard passes and does not shoot! The majority of his passes are short (for which some on here are criticising Bentaleb), many are sideways passes and as proven, his goal ratio for someone with such ability is woeful.

I like him, but complete, far from it!

Dembele is strong and good on the ball, but complete? NO!

He rarely makes a penetrating forward pass, does not make 30-40 yard passes and does not shoot! The majority of his passes are short (for which some on here are criticising Bentaleb), many are sideways passes and as proven, his goal ratio for someone with such ability is woeful.

I like him, but complete, far from it!

good thing is sherwood is trying to make dembele a more offensive player so we may actually see dembele take a couple shots now which is good

good thing is sherwood is trying to make dembele a more offensive player so we may actually see dembele take a couple shots now which is good

Well he certainly offended Ade at Swansea - when he shot instead of passing to him.........................

A bit too defensive .if and I say if we are gonna lose let's lose trying to win !!!! Attack them don't let city dictate the game don't give them

The respect they think they deserve.if we can get eriksen on the ball behind yaya we can cause them a lot of trouble,,they do concede

Goals,,,be confident fuck it let's score more than them

The number of you that are omitting Dembélé blows my fucking mind. I'm glad you aren't managing Spurs.

Couldn't have put it better myself mate..... it's insane how anyone can possibly believe we are a better team without him that with him.  

Couldn't have put it better myself mate..... it's insane how anyone can possibly believe we are a better team without him that with him.  

But you also have to play Eriksen in my opinion, and it's hard to play both.  For creativity in the centre, I'd choose Eriksen every time. 

Maybe Eriksen could be played in the number ten spot, but I see him as more of a controlling midfielder like Modric used to be

I'm not saying Dembele isn't a quality player, but I just don't see him as sombody who can control a game, provide that defence splitting pass,

or score many goals.  Eriksen can do all three, he's a few years younger, and better technically, I think.

If Tim wants Sandro back in the side, I don't see many starts in the league for Dembele, as I think he'll choose Eriksen and Bentaleb ahead

of him.

If that's the case I will predict ,,,going back to Ossis ardeles just score more than they score ,,,lol 4-3 to us attack attack attack,,surely if

Watford can score 2 we can score 4 ????

LLORIS 

WALKER DAWSON CHIRICHES ROSE

TOWNSEND DEMBLE ERICKSON LENNON                         COME ON YOU SPURS

PAULINHO

ADE