Sign in to follow this  
Cromulentmart

Next Four PL Games

Our next 4 games are as follows:-

Man City - home

Hull - away

Everton - home

Newcastle - away

None of those games will be easy and we have the capacity to win them all or lose them all !

What are your thoughts - we need 12 points (or maybe 10) from these 4 games if we are going to continue challenging, but what are our realistic expectations?

I am thinking that we may get 8 points from these games, but am worried that it won't be enough. Would less than 8 be a disaster?

knowing us we will beat City and Everton and Newcastle and lose to a Huddlestone screamer V Hull (if hes not still banned shouldn't be as two yellows )   so 9 points including taking 3 twice off rivals wont be bad but would also be a bummer to lose the 'easier' of the four, but typical Spurs , we will get 12 from 12   COYTHFC

Those four games will be interesting. Hopefully by the time we plays those teams we should get a lot of our injuries back. City will be the most interesting game out of the 4. We conceded 6 goals against them on their ground. This time around it won't be that easy.

Draw, win, draw, win for me, so 8 points. I will settle for that as a lot of other tough games for teams around us and many points will be dropped.

As follows:

Southampton v Arsenal

Liverpool v Everton

Newcastle v Sunderland

Stoke v Man U

Man C V Chelsea

Liverpool v Arsenal

Chelsea v Newcastle

Arsenal v Man U

Then Chelsea v Everton the week we play Norwich

It will be incredibly difficult to take any points from the city game with the form there strikers are in and the pedestrian pace of our centre halves  , Rose will get torn to shreads by Navas and Zabaletta , as for the other games , we can take 9 points from them if Tim sets the team up properly , i`m sure you guys may have noticed but i think he showed great management on Sunday when Lennon went off and he pushed Walker forward with Naughton at RB , it seems to me he has the insight to change something mid-game if things are not going our way , one thing is for sure , we need to start right from kick off , we started very slowly against Stoke and improved a bit against Swansea , we are 8 points behind Arsenal right now and they have an ultra tough February , hopefully by the end of that month we can be right on there coat tails 

no one expect us to win and maybe this will be the key for the match against ManCity. I would go for a 4-2-3-1 and try to hit them on the break, like we did last year. we received an early goal in the 5th minute, but we managed it to save this result over the first half and took the field in the second half as a completely different team. We've scored 3 goals in a dramatic turnaround and won the match at least 3:1. I do believe in a win though I now it will be tough against a better and stronger side compared with last season. It will be a hardness test for our defense and of course for Tim as well. the right positioning is essential and will decide the game. we would't have lost 6:0 if we had our lads on the right positions. But I would also be thankful for a draw! Like the most I think we can save 10 points out of the next 4 games

We have supposedly had a horrendous season, fired a manager that was to take us to new heights and yet here we are mid January sitting 5th, level on points with Liverpool. Liverpool who by many were considered title challengers just a month ago. We are on a run, have a manager that plays to win and seems to get the players playing. We have finally climbed into a positive GD which is my biggest worry, because it means we have to finish ahead of Liverpool on points. City is no doubt the toughest team but we showed last year that they are mortal away from the Etihad. And while Hull, Everton and Newcastle are all very good teams capable of having their day I see no reason why Spurs should not beat them all. If we are serious about qualifying CL then all games should be viewed as winnable. Ten days to prepare for City. 10 pts from the next three....COYS

Tough games all round coming. Will be interesting after these 4 where we are in the league.

At least no excuses from cup games as only in the Europa and we have a good squad to cope. Not sure all the teams around us have good squads - Liverpool and Everton only need to lose one or two key players like a Suarez and they will suffer like Man U are without RVP and Rooney. Although having said that - take Ade out of our team right now and where do the goals come from?

soldado!

but yes, we need another striker. we should have gone for Bony who was available last summer, but we were too stubborn in case of Benteke. like he is the only fish in the sea! Remy was and still is an option. Diouf has played in the EPL. I know it should be someone who knows the premier league, but I think Rondon would fit perfectly. Movsisyan is fantastic. an armenian striker who causes a lot of problems and who played in the usa, before he moved to moscow! no names you didn't hear before, like Jerry Mbakogu, Fidel Martinez or a fantastic player like Leandro "not fucking damiao" Moura who is a genius on the ball! Mikael Mandron from Sunderland is great, so as Tankovic, but I wouldn't go so far and compare him with Ibra. Talents in our own ranks like Coulibaly, Shaq and Harry

we're not the only side with tough games coming up, many points are going to be dropped over the next few weeks. We just need to be positive and play to win, which I think Tim does no matter who the opposition, and let's face it away form home we are and have been great all season

soldado!

but yes, we need another striker. we should have gone for Bony who was available last summer, but we were too stubborn in case of Benteke. like he is the only fish in the sea! Remy was and still is an option. Diouf has played in the EPL. I know it should be someone who knows the premier league, but I think Rondon would fit perfectly. Movsisyan is fantastic. an armenian striker who causes a lot of problems and who played in the usa, before he moved to moscow! no names you didn't hear before, like Jerry Mbakogu, Fidel Martinez or a fantastic player like Leandro "not fucking damiao" Moura who is a genius on the ball! Mikael Mandron from Sunderland is great, so as Tankovic, but I wouldn't go so far and compare him with Ibra. Talents in our own ranks like Coulibaly, Shaq and Harry

I've never heard of half these guys. Apart from obviously shaq, Harry, couly and soldo.

10 points from the next three games would be nothing short of miraculous - we will need a rugby bonus point !!

We have supposedly had a horrendous season, fired a manager that was to take us to new heights and yet here we are mid January sitting 5th, level on points with Liverpool. Liverpool who by many were considered title challengers just a month ago. We are on a run, have a manager that plays to win and seems to get the players playing. We have finally climbed into a positive GD which is my biggest worry, because it means we have to finish ahead of Liverpool on points. City is no doubt the toughest team but we showed last year that they are mortal away from the Etihad. And while Hull, Everton and Newcastle are all very good teams capable of having their day I see no reason why Spurs should not beat them all. If we are serious about qualifying CL then all games should be viewed as winnable. Ten days to prepare for City. 10 pts from the next three....COYS