Spurs Web
Coattail Rider

thoughts for the rest of the season

This will most likely be my last post so i thought id leave you all with some thoughts for the rest of the season...

All is not lost, and we still have a shot at 4th place. We need to push for it, because I have my doubts about Europe with Tim in charge - i think the better teams will find us out tactically.

Tim is NOT the answer. Hes already shown his unwillingness to play certain players who SHOULD be being played. Bentaleb should not be in the team over Sandro, Pauline, Capoue, Holtby and yet hes been picked. Siggi looked lost on the left for the most part under AVB - still looks lost there.  Soldado is not going to get his confidence back if he doesnt play, Lamela isnt going to find his feet unless he plays. I dont feel that either of them will be given their chance until we get a real manager in.I still wont forgive a manager for having a laugh with his coaching staff when we're losing to our rivals.Not good enough. What high profile player is going to come to the club to play under Tim? The lack of transfers in hopefully indicates Levy is just waiting for Van Gaal.

AVB may not have been the answer (although i think given time things might have turned around for him). what was criminal was firing him midseason without a proper replacement lined up (unlikely in a world cup year). Levy you are in part to blame for this, and so are those of you who pissed and moaned about getting AVB out despite our best start to a season, new players and a mounting injury list - did you get 'your tottenham' back?

although things dont exactly look rosy - theres a bright side. We do have some very good players on the books (some of whom will go on to be world beaters), a good crop of youngsters, a new stadium on the way.

dont give up...

COYS

Tottenham til I die

Coatail, responding to the points you make seem irrelevant after you open with a 'goodbye'.

If it's because you've had enough of the place or other reasons which you want to keep private then you and everyone on here should be free to sign out. But as you are a regular on here (pretty much every day) I can't think why you would want to leave? Clearly you've had a row with K.D.D and the two of you can choose to either: ignore each other, shake hands and put it behind you, or continue the row - the latter option I doubt either of you really want?

I won't bang on about arguments between people on here as I shouldn't assume that's why you are probably leaving?

But just to say the points you do make above are : intelligent, reasonable , and passionate I happen to agree with most of it. And for it's worth, most of your posts (like most of us here) are of this type. Some of your posts, but the minority, are I have to say over the top aggressive and personal which I don't think is needed on here. Whatever, I would much rather you stick around .

I agree with a lot of what has been said above,,bravo....the bright side for ts is getting players back from injury,,,,x amount coming back

Will prove a good headache for ts!!!!!but let's see if he has the minerals to change the side abit!!! Or will he leave those coming back from injury another week just to make sure they are fine?????

Well said paxton

Coattail, I agree with alot of the things you say. I don't think TS is the answer either. I still think the avb sacking was a knee jerk reaction and I believe this is being proved now! Have we significantly improved = no. I just don't get what we have achieved with avbs sacking? He should have at least been given until the end of the season to see if he could get the players gelling. Sacking avb with no back up plan was a complete nonsensical decision

Paxton.. It's nothing to do with kdxyz or whatever the fuck his name is. It's to do with rules only applying to certain people and not others... Not interested when mods pick and choose when and to whom they are applied. Don't want to start a shit fight over it either because I don't have an individual issue with any of the mods...

I'll pop into the chat room for this game.... But after that I can't really see myself posting here again. Tis a shame since I remember when Neil started this place.

Oh well

I think u should stay mate,you are a very passionate yid,we all say stupid things,we are all human but one thing for sure we all want the best for our beloved spurs,if I was ever in Australia I would gladly have a pint with you and shake your hand lad,imagine a passionate Aussie and a crazy Irishman on the beer,Jesus,lock up your daughters,coys forever!!!

I agree with some of Coattails post and believe we will struggle to compete with the top side if we keep changing managers and trying to change playing systems. Both AVB and Sherwood seem inflexible. On a personal note I would be sorry to see Coattail not taking part in the forum

I agree with some of Coattails post and believe we will struggle to compete with the top side if we keep changing managers and trying to change playing systems. Both AVB and Sherwood seem inflexible. On a personal note I would be sorry to see Coattail not taking part in the forum

Nice one mate ;-)

We wouldn't have the Dilemma with Tim Sherwood, if we didn't bring AVB! He should have never come here! Unfortunately we signed him and did Chelsea a big favor with that. It wasnt AVB's effort that we make it fifth last year.the brilliance of Bale made that possible and the solidarity as a team. why we didn't make it 4th is that we didn't look forward. we totally overlooked that we needed replacement at many positions, because the players were injured or getting old. we bought discarded players too often, who did a good job, but we all know they woudn't last for long. Friedel, Scotty, Ryan Nelson, Saha, Gallas, players we bought as emergency solution, but lost money on it. We should have bought Remy, when we had the chance and Moutinho! I personally thought, Levy only brought AVB for that reason, but than he cancelled the deal, when the it was almost done. We didn't need more than these two players and we would have ended 4th or third and could have strengthen the defense this summer.

but the truth is Levy tasted blood and brought names instead of players that don't fit in the system. we bought players for an offensive system, but played defensive under AVB, who wasn't (I agree with k.d.d.d.d.) flexible enough! thought Tim could be that lucky prick, Harry was in his days, but I think his winning streak is over. 

what is the magic formula to build a team?

I hope I am wrong but from where I am standing we are not good enough be get a top 4 spot. And Sherwood isn't good enough or experienced enough to be the manager of a top 4 club.

He said he was happy with our team, a team that was thrashed twice by City and once by Liverpool. Maybe he is happy because he is thinking of a mid-table place then, yes, we are good enough.

Yeah.  Right.  We should be so lucky.  How can his form deteriorate

so much from last year? 

why didn't Olic and Schweinsteiger score against Chelsea when they have almost been trough in the CL finals?

pressure my friend!

I told you, we need a therapist or a mental coach for some of our players. personnel, big clubs have in todays football!

I hope I am wrong but from where I am standing we are not good enough be get a top 4 spot. And Sherwood isn't good enough or experienced enough to be the manager of a top 4 club.

He said he was happy with our team, a team that was thrashed twice by City and once by Liverpool. Maybe he is happy because he is thinking of a mid-table place then, yes, we are good enough.

He might be happy because we've recently bought 8 new players to the club and feels the last thing the squad needs is more upheaval. Surely we need to start settling in our new players and finding out what's our best team before we bring more players into the club?

Also, it's probably wise not to sign anyone until we know what direction the clubs going in and who will be manager. Last thing we need is Sherwood signing a player and by the summer we'll have a new manager again.

I wouldn't describe us as a top 4 club either, financially speaking we are a million miles away and only cracked the code twice. I believe most managers would have trouble competing with half the budget of our rivals.

Realistically speaking we shouldn't be finishing any lower than 5th, anything more would be a bonus, throw in a good cup run and I'm good to go. I'm sure Tim feels confident he can achieve this goal once key players come back from injury. Although I feel for him considering he took over during the busiest period of the season, a midst the mess Levy, AVB and Franco created. 

Our points per game ratio under Tim has been much better than our previous manager this season, so I'm not entirely convinced we should be changing our expectations to meet the demise of our new manager, who is doing a club a massive favor whatever way you look at it.

I don't agree with the fixation of top 4, I think it's unrealistic given the financial climate, the clubs policy is clearly a player trading model, which doesn't help with the stability and our overall growth. If we keep sacking managers for not achieving top 4, there probably won't be any manager left for us to appoint ;)

How can any manager bed in 8 new players? We keep making the same mistakes and everyone seems to be lost in translation.

There are so many players who want to play, it's not easy to manage all! 

I do understand Tim and it will be harder when other injuried players will be back.

They came here for big money, as big players and all of them are having huge expectations, to be in the field.

TURKISH, on 03 Feb 2014 - 07:11, said:

He might be happy because we've recently bought 8 new players to the club and feels the last thing the squad needs is more upheaval. Surely we need to start settling in our new players and finding out what's our best team before we bring more players into the club?

Also, it's probably wise not to sign anyone until we know what direction the clubs going in and who will be manager. Last thing we need is Sherwood signing a player and by the summer we'll have a new manager again.

I wouldn't describe us as a top 4 club either, financially speaking we are a million miles away and only cracked the code twice. I believe most managers would have trouble competing with half the budget of our rivals.

Realistically speaking we shouldn't be finishing any lower than 5th, anything more would be a bonus, throw in a good cup run and I'm good to go. I'm sure Tim feels confident he can achieve this goal once key players come back from injury. Although I feel for him considering he took over during the busiest period of the season, a midst the mess Levy, AVB and Franco created.

Our points per game ratio under Tim has been much better than our previous manager this season, so I'm not entirely convinced we should be changing our expectations to meet the demise of our new manager, who is doing a club a massive favor whatever way you look at it.

I don't agree with the fixation of top 4, I think it's unrealistic given the financial climate, the clubs policy is clearly a player trading model, which doesn't help with the stability and our overall growth. If we keep sacking managers for not achieving top 4, there probably won't be any manager left for us to appoint ;)

How can any manager bed in 8 new players? We keep making the same mistakes and everyone seems to be lost in translation.

Excellent post - although I think the fixures have been kind to Tim.

OUr club needs stability not more change. lets try build something with the players we have and see what happens then regroup in the summer. Maybe bring in two players whilst letting two go. Keep the vast majority of the team together and see where it takes us. Rather than starting another season with a new crop of players who need to adjust and seetle in..