Spurs Web
Tonto911

Soldado lacking.....

confidence or ability ?

I have been patient with my criticism, but he was appalling today, constantly falling over instaed of putting himself about, and shocking attempts at finishing, and passing for that matter....

Should we stick with him, after all that prick at w**lwich is now scoring for fun, and he was just as bad in his first season......

Can't handle the pace and physicality of the league. Spain is about finesse and skill, in England you have to be able to take a bashing or be quick enough to avoid it. Soldado is neither. Truth is he isn't working hard and that's what pisses me off. Good thing we sold Defoe. Fucking shambles of a club.

Soldado is not a bad player. He is a class striker ( see below stats)

Unfortunately we the collective of Tottenham Hotspur have contrived to totally ruin him.

Like we did to Rebrov, Bentley, Dos Santos, Armstrong, Bent, Pav.

Why and how does this happen? I haven't a clue, but the only constant over this time is US! Managers and chairman have come and gone.

Soldado stats, non too shabby before he walked through our door.

Years Team Apps† (Gls)† 2002–2006 Real Madrid B 120 (64) 2005–2008 Real Madrid 16 (2) 2006–2007 → Osasuna (loan) 30 (11) 2008–2010 Getafe 60 (29) 2010–2013 Valencia 101 (59) 2013– Tottenham Hotspur 19 (5) National team‡2001 Spain U15 2 (0) 2001–2003 Spain U17 18 (12) 2003 Spain U18 3 (3) 2002–2004 Spain U19 9 (5) 2004–2007 Spain U21 9 (6) 2007– Spain 12 (7) * Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 January 2014.

† Appearances (Goals).

We need him to come good. We've been very patient but he simply does not work hard enough...lack of confidence, lack of desire or both? He was useless today. Can we totally blame him? Are we buying the "right" players? If we are why have we sent Holtby out on loan exactly a year after we brought him in. He showed some quality but got no consistent run. Why the unrest around Capoue?, whats happening with Lamela? How do we cure the issue with Soldado? Notice anything? We are having issues fitting our new signings into their roles. We have either purchased the wrong players or we don't know how to harness their true potential. Neither of these issues is the players' fault.

Its a Workd Cup year. How many of our new signings came to the club to try to make a difference to the club and (or) to earn a squad place in Brazil? How many are putting in only enough to get through while conserving strength for a good World Cup tournament which will either give them the power to demand a new contract or get a move to another perceived bigger club? Are we complicit in that, hoping, as we have done in the past to buy cheap and sell high? Look at the reported fee we were asking Roma to pay for Capoue, 5 months and a serious injury after he joined us...

Sorry to sound so cynical and I hope I'm wrong but " The Beautiful Game" makes those of us who love it more cynical everyday and our club seems to enjoy doing strange things!

It has to be the psychological aspect of the integration. Language plays a part particularly with Lamela but also with Soldado. The style of play also contributes. Spanish football is more about skill and finesse. Here the pace and physicality is higher. It's no surprise Soldado and Lamela are both "light weight" in stature. What they need is the psychological fortitude to overcome their size disadvantage. They need to adapt their game to use their strengths better. What worked in Spain is clearly not working here. Truth is they are both World Class footballers and patience is needed. I just worry we as Spurs just don't have that patience. Sherwood knows that the mental side of the game is critical and his team choice reflects this. See Bentaleb. Confidence and self belief is key and the desire to work yourself out of the rut. I don't like to stereotype, but not really an attribute in many Spanish and South American players.

Forget the price tag on your head, dig in and play with strength. Sherwood has got to get behind them more too, get them playing more. Sitting on the bench does nothing for struggling players.

we need to stick with him. Maybe this year will be wasted as with Lamela. But if you sell either we will take a massive loss financially and there is every possibiltiy that next year they hit the ground running having settled, learned the language and had a pre-season under their belt. Sell  now and it's a fuck up

I wish for once we would buy a proven premier league striker who we know can score in this league.

Nah.  We let ALL the others do that.  We ARE Spurs, for cripes sakes! ;)

I wish for once we would buy a proven premier league striker who we know can score in this league.

Nah.  We let ALL the others do that.  We ARE Spurs, for cripes sakes! ;)

OK, who then ?