Spurs Web
Towser

The genius that was Hoddle

Mister Football.The rest of the world laughed at The way England ignored him.Would of been first on the team sheet any where else.Ossie just shakes his head

Poetry in Motion,,,,,,,...Sublime

Unbelievable to see...not having access to (and being too young in some cases) some of the older video/gamecasts it's always eye opening to me to see the talent some of the Spurs heroes possessed!

I know I made the right decision to cheer on the Spurs when I see these videos and I'm absolute awe!

COYS

Just like Spurs; we look back at the greats, while the top clubs (City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal) just look at the current squad to see "genius and brilliance" from their players. One day, yes, one day, we won't have to look backwards to feel the magic of Spurs... we just go along to White Hart Lane to see it. In the meantime; we've had some brilliant players and we've got the clips or DVDs to make us feel warm inside.

The 1980s, great THFC football....

I used to have a season ticket on the shelf, and always got there early to watch Glen warming up, he always seemed to have a little new trick or way of passing the ball.

I am still unsure which was his stronger side...

Left foot or right foot he could hit marvellous free kicks - what a talent.

Sounds daft but, he really was like a quarterback, he would hold the ball then without even looking he would ping a 30-40 yard pass into the path of Stevie Perryman who was scurrying up from his right back position, and the ball would bounce straight up with back spin for Stevie to cross it first time for Archie or Crooksy to attack....

Beautiful to watch. Poetry in motion.

Why with that skill talent and foresight why why was he not world footballer of the decade amazing player wish we had him now!! How much would he be worth now would piss all over Gareth bale price !!!

If we could not look back at the masters spurs have had there would be no history people. Tottenham have and always be 1 of the iconic clubs in football history!!!!!! And will make history again we all believe that !! Well I do and my boys will ,,history is there for the making I just hope we are all there to witness it fellas'!'!!! Coys yid army yid army till the day I can't draw another breath!!!!

Interestingly at the start of the clip when he scored against Stoke, it was good to see him being congratulated by another Spurs legend who at the time was in the twilight of his Spurs career, Martin Chivers, apparently, though I've only just read this, so could be corrected it was Big Chiv who discovered him.

I'd forgot they played together.

Given how good he was I know it might sound strange but I think Mickey Hazard had the ability to be as good, he just seem to lack the same level of confidence and it was difficult to fit them into the same side, but when Hoddle was out injured one season we actually performed just as well.