Spurs Web
Towser

The genius that was Hoddle

Given how good he was I know it might sound strange but I think Mickey Hazard had the ability to be as good, he just seem to lack the same level of confidence and it was difficult to fit them into the same side, but when Hoddle was out injured one season we actually performed just as well. 

Hazard was unfortunate to be at the club when there was some great players. If he was playing today he would be in the team every week; which wouldn't be that hard!

He was at the club a couple of games ago being interviewed at half time. He said his son (or sons) are season ticket holders at Spurs.

Most of Hoddle's games were played on mud with a football that weighed about 3 hundredweight .... and he had to wear those ridiculous shorts!

Imagine if he was playing on flat grass pitches with the new lightweight footballs !!

Of my generation I don't recall anyone aspiring to be Robson, Talbot, Wilkins, Macgovern.

You wanted to be like Bowles, Worthington, Curry, Devonshire.....but most of all GLEN HODDLE the reason we love football

I really disliked Bryan Robson and all the hype "Captain Fantastic", he got injured some much because he couldn't tackle properly just recklessly. 

I really disliked Bryan Robson and all the hype "Captain Fantastic", he got injured some much because he couldn't tackle properly just recklessly.

Think it was the 86 World Cup group stages.first 2 games played shite,in midfield Robson & Wilkins.captain fantastic dislocates his shoulder & Wilkins gets sent off in the second game (think it was Tunisia)

Need to beat the poles to progress,in come Hoddle & Beardsly. Free flowing football & a 3-0 victory. Need you say more

Fucking brilliant. Hoddle defined Spurs in the 80s. He will always be a ledgend at the Lane. He should be an ambassador at least at Spurs. Would love him to take control of the youth team. Spurs is in his blood.

If only he'd not wrote that book, England may have actually go on to challenge to win something and play some good stuff.

Every Spurs midfielder should be looking back at how he played and try to emulate him. How many in the current squad can actually play using both feet? Most not fit to clean his boots.

If only he was still in his 20s and playing for us.

Talking about Hoddle; I was at his last match at White Hart Lane. We were against Oxford United and I was in the away end (because I was with some friends who where Oxford supporters) and he scored that brilliant goal.

Talking about Hoddle; I was at his last match at White Hart Lane. We were against Oxford United and I was in the away end (because I was with some friends who where Oxford supporters) and he scored that brilliant goal.

Yeah that goal is cone of my all time favourites Dave. 

YidArmy, Voice, SurrySpur etc

My memory is pretty poor as no doubt you know already.If there's any chance of putting it up I'd be more than greatful.