Spurs Web
TURKISH

Europa Cup: FC Dnipro vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Your predictions?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Match outcome?

Does anyone know how they are doing in their league? Where in the Ukraine are they? Whats the weather like? Does your chewing gum lose it's flavour on the bedpost over night?

They are currently 4th in the Ukrainian Premier League, 6 points adrift of the leader. The city itself is a couple of hundred miles due north of the Black Sea and a bit further than that west of the Ukrainian border with Moscow. It is a damn site closer to the eastern edge of the Ukraine than the western edge.

And I agree with Turk. Got to manage the club.

Friedal

Walker Kaboul Vlad Rose

Sandro Paulinho

Townsend Eriksen Chadli

Saldado

On the bench - Lloris, Naughton, Dawson, Capoue, Lennon, Siggy and Defoe

I think we can give some of obvious first squad gents a bit of time off and still win this one. Kaboul, Sandro, Townsend and Paulinho need the minutes to work back into full shape.

Lloris

Naughton Dawson Vlad/Vert Rose

Capoue  Bentaleb

Lennon     Siggy      Chadli

Soldado

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who get the hint, but yes, Juande Ramos is their manager!!!

Dnipro isn't a fart like the ones we've played already. I thought there will be a little competition with Anzhi before the mafiosi Kerimov sold all of the players that he bought a year ago to launder money! apropos Kerimov was the gay, sorry guy who prevent the Willian deal. I think we are stronger, but we need to be attentive and may not underestimate our opponents. A lot of strong teams struggled in the cold east against defensive playing baltics, who only wait to counter and who are dangerous in standards!

What Salah was for Basel is Konoplyanka for Dnipro. We'll see why Liverpool and our scouts have made a bid for him or hopefully we won't see. Now Pauli seem to find his form and vision I would go with Erik. Rotan is old and Kankava not skilled enough. Benteleb and Capoue is an obligation to keep pace with Dnipro's tricky playmaker Guiliano, who needs to be neutralized. even so Matheus, who is as fast as Azza. I rather see Zeki on the left, but I think we need the speed of Rose to cope with Matheus. If we can stop these three players, we'll prevent any service for Seleznev, who have already scored against us, when he was playing for Shakthar in 2009!

Hopefully Ramos will make some bad decisions like he did against Lugansk. He replaced a defender with a striker(both croats) to build up more pressure, but then one of the CB's was sent off with a red and Dnipro lost 3:0 with only 2 defenders left on the pitch. 

Another think is they will be very rested. They had their last game on the 1st of december and will be prepared for the game against us. Is it an advantage or not, I don't know? what's better? a rested team or a team that is warmed up!

COYS

If they have not played since 1st December then they will not be match fit. We are in form and confident away from home. Take it to them and put them to the sword in the first game so as to make the home match a formality!

I think it will be tight, as Spurfect said it's difficult playing in the Baltic states but I hope they will lack match fitness and we can do enough to make the second leg an easy ride.

Ukraines not in the Baltics, that's Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland, nowhere near this lot, here endeth todays Geography lesson.

Next week how to find your way to Woolwich from Finsbury Park so they can all fuck off home the pikeys

Tim Sherwood has proved to be a good tactician, revolving players around and letting others gain fitness. This will be no different. I have confidence that we will beat this lot be it at the lane or in icy ukriane.

Morning Lads. Good win vs. Newcastle. Any thoughts on the comments attributed to Juande Ramos in the Daily Mail today?

Yep....don't ever believe anything the Daily Mail writes.  They can put a whole new context to misrepresentation when they really try and have made shit stirring an art form. 

LOL. Thought it wad just me, phew! However, I must admit to thinking the same things at times. Older fans ( yes, like me) will remember the Glory Glory days and nights at The Lane when we were always in the mix for football honours. Things changed and our successive boards have thought more of the club as a business. That's fine since there is money to be made but we have nothing really to show trophy wise. No doubt we are a well run commercial entity, but...

Ukraines not in the Baltics, that's Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland, nowhere near this lot, here endeth todays Geography lesson.

Next week how to find your way to Woolwich from Finsbury Park so they can all fuck off home the pikeys

thank you for correction, mate! It was my fault, sorry. K.d.d.d. only adopt what I've said, but it was me who's wrong.

but to be honest, both of us are wrong, cause the countries you mentioned are scandinavian!!! 

In terms of the Ukraine, let's agree on "eastern bloc state" ;-)

thank you for correction, mate! It was my fault, sorry. K.d.d.d. only adopt what I've said, but it was me who's wrong.

but to be honest, both of us are wrong, cause the countries you mentioned are scandinavian!!! 

On the Black Sea, so you were almost correct!  It is beside the seaside beside the sea where the brass bands play tiddleyompompom!  Don't worry Spurfect mate.....we can't all be perfect :)

LOL. Thought it wad just me, phew! However, I must admit to thinking the same things at times. Older fans ( yes, like me) will remember the Glory Glory days and nights at The Lane when we were always in the mix for football honours. Things changed and our successive boards have thought more of the club as a business. That's fine since there is money to be made but we have nothing really to show trophy wise. No doubt we are a well run commercial entity, but...

Me too CRD. I remember the Glory days only too well.  As I've said on another thread my first match was Spurs v Gornik in September 1961 and I've been hooked ever since.  Over 57,000 fans in WHL that night and I remember we were packed in so tight I could hardly breathe.  Watching the 'Ghost' and his mates was a rare privilege.  What a great few years that was.  Nobody could touch us!

Nowadays I am more mellow and understand the need for business and commercial principles in the success of the football club, however I try to ignore all the shenanigans going on off the pitch and concentrate on supporting our team and it's manager, whoever he may be.  Whatever they do or we might say we have to trust that they will get it right one day and the club will be where we want it to be.  All the angst in the meantime is just wasted energy and gives the press parasites something to feed off.

You will see that Etienne Capoue is my Fav Player.  I almost put Dave Mackay there when I joined Spursweb but decided to look to the future rather than the past and the few cameos that we saw of Capoue early in the season made me draw comparisons with the great man.  I thought he was magnificent in the match against Newcastle working with the equally magnificent Bentaleb so as far as I am concerned well done to Tim for his midfield selection that night.   

The Baltic countries are: Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.

Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Finland are the Nordic countries, with the Faroe Islands and Greenland sometimes being included under that term.

Denmark, Norway and Sweden are the Scandinavian countries.

Here endeth todays revised geography lesson.

Finland is not a Scandinavian country.

To repeat, the Scandinavian countries are Denmark, Norway and Sweden.