Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
daft yank

sol

shit happen's! how long does it took Torres to score again when he come to Chelski. what happened to Defoe when he returned from injury? Ibra missed out to score against Monaco when they could have won. You are talking as every match has to end in a 4:0 or a higher result. You think a 9:1 against Wigan is common? it's reality, but not normality! except for the playstation maybe?

Soldado lack confidence and your howling doesn't help! To sell him, would be the worst thing we could do. He is a fighter and will be back, given the support he needs, but that in turn require the best possible starting line up

shit happen's! how long does it took Torres to score again when he come to Chelski. what happened to Defoe when he returned from injury? Ibra missed out to score against Monaco when they could have won. You are talking as every match has to end in a 4:0 or a higher result. You think a 9:1 against Wigan is common? it's reality, but not normality! except for the playstation maybe?

Soldado lack confidence and your howling doesn't help! To sell him, would be the worst thing we could do. He is a fighter and will be back, given the support he needs, but that in turn require the best possible starting line up

Our "howling" doesn't hurt either ... I'm pretty sure he doesn't use this message board.

People just getting sick of the results (I am as well). We all thought soldado would find his goal scoring form and backed him up. Now, people are starting to lose faith. Simple as that! But I would honestly wait till next season as he and lamela will hopefully stay and settle better. Many signings can take up to a season to settle into a new club. I just hope this applies for soldado and lamela.

Its not just that Robert can't score its that I don't see anything clever on the pitch at all  even if a teammate can't find you you've got to make a few good runs off the ball "so to speak" put yourself in great position               I still want him to do well   could our style of play be that different from Valencia?

Its not just that Robert can't score its that I don't see anything clever on the pitch at all  even if a teammate can't find you you've got to make a few good runs off the ball "so to speak" put yourself in great position               I still want him to do well   could our style of play be that different from Valencia?

Disagree with that, Roberto has put in some decent, clever touches, in fact his general play and movement is pretty good. 

Apparently Soldado is Athletico Madrids top transfer target in the summer.Do we keep him and hope he rediscovers his form,or try and recoup some of the money we paid for him???

We should get a fairly decent price for him as Levy won't sell cheap seeing as Athletico will most likely be receiving a big fee for Diego Costa. 

The debate with him an a Negrado is an interesting one. People were saying we had got a better deal for Soldado at the start of the season than city had for Negrado. I would be interested to see how many Soldado would have scored in that Man City team from the start of the season and how many Negrado would have managed in our squad this year.

Dos Santos has 9 goals already this year for Villareal. He couldn't even get on the pitch with Spurs. Barcelona paid over £50 for Neymar and he has 7 goals. Negredo had 25 last year and Soldado had 24. City paid £20 for Negredo and he has 9 goals. In today's market you can't be guaranteed anything but paying one helluva lot of cash. Every transfer is a risk. People want to sell Soldado but who do we bring in and how much does it cost? We sit here and demand a 20 goal man but how many strikers can bring 20 goals a year. Van Persie probably won't do it this year. The Premiership is a top league and for me takes time to adjust to because of its pace and physicality. Suarez took time to settle at Liverpool scoring 15 in his first 41 games in the league. Goal scorers just do not forget how to score. I think we need to give him until the January 2015 window.

I think moving Soldado along is a big mistake...right now he's fighting confidence...it takes one to turn these guys around.

His partnership with Ade could be absolutely deadly.  I don't think we should move any of the new signees this summer...that is assuming Tim is no longer manager next season.